PDA

View Full Version : SH3- a new class of U-boats?

RatF1nk
11-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Hi all... i have played SH for a while now. i have finished SH3 several times and each time i start over its with a new mod. Has anyone ever created a new class of U-boat for fun in the game? I have done some digging in the forums and have found alot of cool mods... but what i really want is a NEW WW2 U-boat. I want to take SH3 beyond where the original story line ends... WHAT would happen if the allies didnt win the war? how far would technology have gone? that is where new classes of subs come in... I look at the type XXI and i see the beginning of a new era of subs. look at the prototypes that were never built due to the end of the war. what do u guys think?

RatF1nk
11-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Hi all... i have played SH for a while now. i have finished SH3 several times and each time i start over its with a new mod. Has anyone ever created a new class of U-boat for fun in the game? I have done some digging in the forums and have found alot of cool mods... but what i really want is a NEW WW2 U-boat. I want to take SH3 beyond where the original story line ends... WHAT would happen if the allies didnt win the war? how far would technology have gone? that is where new classes of subs come in... I look at the type XXI and i see the beginning of a new era of subs. look at the prototypes that were never built due to the end of the war. what do u guys think?

AtlantikEel
11-29-2008, 12:06 AM
This would be similar to IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, which features Germany's experimental aircraft as Combat ready... and none of which I fly in combat, as "what-ifs" are of little interest to me.
This is only my opinion, however.