PDA

View Full Version : FMD problems

eneg21923
07-15-2005, 02:34 PM
I have studied the tutorials and the handbook a lot,Now I am trying to use FMD to set up a take off and return to the carrier but when I click play I get a picture of the ship in the distance and my airplane sinking into the sea. Also, in my beginning mission I have made some bungles. I would like to get rid of them. When I click "load" they are there even if I have deleted them in the edit?? Thank you for any help you might have for me. eneg21923 knoc11@mchsi.com. Gene

eneg21923
07-15-2005, 02:34 PM
I have studied the tutorials and the handbook a lot,Now I am trying to use FMD to set up a take off and return to the carrier but when I click play I get a picture of the ship in the distance and my airplane sinking into the sea. Also, in my beginning mission I have made some bungles. I would like to get rid of them. When I click "load" they are there even if I have deleted them in the edit?? Thank you for any help you might have for me. eneg21923 knoc11@mchsi.com. Gene

Zeus-cat
07-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I assume you mean the Full Mission Builder or usually called FMB.

Rule number 1 in mission building - look at what other people have done to get an idea of what to do. Some excellent tutorials are available for the FMB; check out the stickied threads at the top of the first page of each forum for topics that people should look at.

For your problem I think you did not set the first waypoint on the ship. This is one thing that's different than using an airfield to takeoff. The first waypoint needs to be set to "Takeoff" and then click on the "Set" button and click on the first waypoint of the ship. You should then see the name of the carrier show up as the "target".

Zeus-cat

hamselv2
07-15-2005, 04:44 PM
You can find some help here:

Mission builder forum:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/50910533

Nutcase's Full Mission Builder guide:
http://www.jumpintojapan.com/fmb-guide.html

AFSG_Mshine
07-15-2005, 08:18 PM
To be clear, when he says set the takeoff waypoint of your plane to the carrier's first waypoint. This is not the first turn your carrier will make, it is the actual carrier itself.

Put the carrier in the mission, and click a few waypoints as you will..

Then put in your aircraft, set the waypoint to "Takeoff" as suggested, then click the "SET" button as suggested, and then drag your mouse over to the carriers starting point. When your cursor is in the right spot you will see the name of the carrier popup..that is where you would LEFT CLICK to set the green line and tie the Aircraft to the deck!

There are ways to get aircraft to SPAWN on the deck of the carrier later in the mission. Lets say you have a flight of aircraft takeoff, and then 10 minute later you can have the carrier launch another set of aircraft! That is way cool, but a pain to time and get to work just right.. I've done it a few times to see if I could. This is nice for a mission that is time critical, and torpedo bombers need to destroy a carrier before it can launch anymore aircraft!

The only thing is this will work ONLY for AI planes.. As you may or may not know already, pilots(real players) cannot spawn in during a coop mission that is already in progress.