PDA

View Full Version : Very sad O.T.: Radom Air Show (Poland) aerobatics mid air collision video: two killed

Engadin
09-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Beware, this hair-rising sequence is a thousand miles far from being pleasant to watch at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06OcWBBdfpw

My feelings go with the pilots families.

general_kalle
09-02-2007, 06:18 AM
i have seen a two airshows now, one of them with 5 Acrobatics teams

you get to wonder how they do that,
theres so big a chance for death and still they just do it.

no wonder accidents happen.
what was the plan?
was one of them supposed to cross under the other one or what.

looks terrifying

RUDIIIII
09-02-2007, 06:45 AM
Heard about it yesterday. Firstly thought it was a spot from the old ramstein crash because the news already had begun...but then i remembered that in ramstein two jet planes crashed and fell into the audiance...here in poland crashed two cessnas, i think...and, as sad as it is, fortunately no other persons were harmed...very sad...they said that one of them was the leader of this squadron, he was 62 and very experienced. The other one was only 24...probably imediatly dead. Dunno why suff like this still happens from time to time...hope not to see it too soon again...

Bremspropeller
09-02-2007, 08:42 AM
In Ramstein, three jets collided and one of them plunged right into the crowd - 70 people perished plus the pilots. The figure was called "pierced heart" and was to be the highlight of the show. Well, it was, but in a much more tragic way.
Solo and one of the opos crashed into each other. One opo crashed into another one.
Both opos crashed onto the runway and the ramp.
The solo plane, however, continued it's initial flight path right at the spectators and crashed close to an ice-cream van (where, at the time of the crash, very much people stood in line for a refreshment).
That accident brought an end to acro-team displays in germany. Even today, only very tuned-down versions of the normal display scedules are flown.

This time in Poland we got two Zlins crashing into each other (the flown figure resembled the one flown at Ramstein quite much - less a/c involved, but "solo" and "opo" crashed almost the same way they did at RS).

Luckyly the speed was much less and they were a lot higher and further away from the crowd, thatswhy we didn't see even more tragical loss of life yesterday.

DrHerb
09-02-2007, 10:39 AM
That was an ugly accident, flying in a very enclosed amount of airspace definately has its risks

Engadin
09-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I can hardly imagine what the feelings of the third member of the group - in the middle of the action - can have been like in the first moments. In a plane he canĀ“t simply pull the brake, get out of the cockpit and run to help his mates, if anything can be done. He has to wait in his plane, more or less time, controling the anxiety attack, until the tower allows his landing. And then landing can turn to be a much harder task that ever, due to the adrenaline overdose running through his veins. A really terrible experience that will change his live for then on. But not as much as his colleagues'.

Sad, so sad.....

mortoma
09-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Not again..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Choctaw111
09-02-2007, 05:21 PM
That is a very sad thing to see. Heartfelt condolences to their families.

BrotherVoodoo
09-02-2007, 07:13 PM
How tragic. RIP Sirs... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif