PDA

View Full Version : Side Missions

JanTwoSeven
09-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Hello, I'm new to this forum thing. I'm sure there's something similar, but couldn't find much. I've an idea about side missions. So here it goes, I think that ubisoft/developers/gamemaker whatever, should make Assassin's Creed less boring after beating it. There should be side missions that's like hard/medium/easy to beat (chose difficulty. In these side-missions, it should include every feature the game has to offer (use these features to beat the mission: weapons, recruited assassin's, smoke bombs, location etc). Basically everytime you enter a side mission's location to accept the mission, it's should be different, every mission should be different. They should think of/build some kinda generator that generates infinite types of side missions, but hard to beat. This is what I hope to have in new assassin's creed games like Brotherhood. I get tired of multiplayer games sometimes, like Modern Warfare 2, so this side-mission thing will kill my boredom for sure. From Brotherhood, I've heard that a fan/fans requested a the crossbow, so I guess/assume this would be the place, if not I'll just see what other people think of this idea. I have a feeling that this won't happen, it sounds too much to ask for.

This should be something like Grand Theft Auto's vigilante side-missions, BUT each mission should take around 30 mins to beat. It could also be a mode in multiplayer to play, co-op killing.

primerib69
09-21-2010, 09:54 PM
welcome to the forums!

its been confirmed that theres a lot of side missions in the game. like, a LOT. but they arent going to be gta style. just short, sweet, simple missions that are still fun. 30 minutes is way too long for a sidde mission in any game. thats good enough for an actual mission. unless you are talking about a collection of side missions that total up to be 30 minutes long

JohnConnor2012
09-22-2010, 04:20 AM
Missions were structured in a bit of an OCD way in AC1 - I don't think there were any side missions at all. Ubi stepped up to the plate with a lot in AC2 though - generally even pretty varied, at least within each city, and some designed to be a lot harder than other (10 brutes - though pretty easy when you know how...) without explicit difficulty grading.

I'm a little concerned about how endless (randomly-generated?) side missions would play with syncronisation %ages too.

FilipinoNinja67
09-22-2010, 06:11 AM
I remember in the Q&A one of the developers said that the multiplayer characters will be targets in single player so that could mean assassination targets. The Borgia Towers are like side missions.

JanTwoSeven
09-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Yea, I guess 30 mins a bit too much. Hope 15 doesn't seem too much. I just want to like, take around 15 mins to get through obstacles to complete a mission(using every technique/features the game has. Now, about the endless (randomly-generated?) side missions, I not really sure what JohnConnor2012 is tryin to say, but if they could do something like that, every mission would be different, making it less boring to play the game (new location of assassination targets everytime). Another thing is, I want this game to be hard, like really HARD, i could just kill ANY guards with counter, I'm reall good at countering.

AnthonyA85
09-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Well Jan, if you want a hard game, i think you'll get one. :P

Aparently, all the guards are more agressive in ACB, they attack more oftern, and all at once, like they sometimes did in AC1 when Altair got cornered (litterally), and, they can apparently block/break/interupt ezio's counters.

JanTwoSeven
09-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:

Aparently, all the guards are more agressive in ACB, they attack more oftern, and all at once, like they sometimes did in AC1 when Altair got cornered (litterally), and, they can apparently block/break/interupt ezio's counters.

That sounds great man.

adarwinter
09-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:

Aparently, all the guards are more agressive in ACB, they attack more oftern, and all at once, like they sometimes did in AC1 when Altair got cornered (litterally), and, they can apparently block/break/interupt ezio's counte
rs.

i hope u r right though i wouldnt trust things coming from ubisoft. i will only trust what ppl who played the game say.

and i am all in favour a randomly generated missions. AC's structure fits it perfectly - place enemies in a random location tasking the player to stealth kill it, high profile assassination, chase it , whatever. it should be easy to create if UBI wants to.
sadly i ddont think this will happen. just a hunch. in AC there is very very lil randomality in their games. it all very strict and scripted - like certain enemies only block, others only counter, certain type of peds only appear at certain spots and dont move unless u interact with them.... everything is so ... rigid. so lifeless. i have a hunch that , even though it is a great idea and i thought about it myself a while back, i dont think it will happen.

JohnConnor2012
09-22-2010, 02:00 PM
There's always a temptation to 'dumb down' in the hope this'll win over more casual players. Personally, I think the more legendary games are the toughest - if not unfairly so (i.e. rigged game mechanics prevent you winning, rather than lack of skill), but check out the 'Hints' thread for the wailing and gnashing of teeth ("game breaker", "totally ruined it for me", etc) that greeted a slightly harder than average and totally optional assassin's tomb in Venice.