PDA

View Full Version : Joining MP session times out

ZenabiCV
12-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Every time I try to join MP, it gives me a "took too much time" message. Anybody else?

ZenabiCV
12-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Every time I try to join MP, it gives me a "took too much time" message. Anybody else?

xiLeUD
12-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Yes. I get the "Can not join because the connection took to long and Timed Out"

I have yet to play a MP game because of this. I opened up my 80, 3074 TCP ports, even opened my 3074 through 3174 UDP ports on my firewall, turned off my firewall, DMZ'ed my computer through the router, and also added the TCP/UDP ports in the router. I've reinstalled. I've updated my router firmware and graphics card firmware. I feel like I have tried everything. The only thing I can think of is that my OS is Windows XP Pro - 64-Bit Edition.

PLEASE someone help with this. Single player is fun, but I bought this game to play online. Hence the reason I paid $55 and some change for it. Otherwise I wasted my money..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

P.S. This is Rainbow 6: Vegas that is giving me this problem.

ZenabiCV
12-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Got it working. Seems that my D-link 604 wasn't putting me in the DMZ properly. Had to open the ports manually (a real pain with D-link), including making the UDP ports go both ways. Hope that helps.