PDA

View Full Version : Marine Dynamic Campaign - wrong aircraft types?

Gunslinger11
10-26-2004, 01:21 AM
Just started a USMC campaign beginning with Guadalcanal operations as VMF-214. I noticed the options for the type of are aircraft are P-39 and P-40.

I selected a P-39 and started the first mission and while admiring the plane from the external view, I noticed US ARMY markings on the belly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought that the USMC units flew F4F and F4U's in the Solomons? (or thats what the book about VMF-214 that I'm reading at the moment says).

VFA-195 Snacky
10-26-2004, 01:43 AM
It's gotta be a bug I would think. I don't remember ever seeing the USMC using the P39 or at least in the Pacific. Should be Wildcats, Hellcats, and Corsairs

Tater-SW-
10-26-2004, 02:02 AM
The Marines didn't use P-anythings. F2A and F4F-3 at Midway, F4F-3/-4 until they started getting F4Us.

tater

Ruy Horta
10-26-2004, 03:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunslinger11:
Just started a USMC campaign beginning with Guadalcanal operations as VMF-214. I noticed the options for the type of are aircraft are P-39 and P-40.

I selected a P-39 and started the first mission and while admiring the plane from the external view, I noticed US ARMY markings on the belly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought that the USMC units flew F4F and F4U's in the Solomons? (or thats what the book about VMF-214 that I'm reading at the moment says). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to the DGEN dir and change the files related to the USMC campaign (UM.db etc IIRC). Its easy, than at least you can play the first campaign in Wildcat. However its very generic CV oriented, not the more realistic ser piece battle.

The early Guadalcanal campaign doesn't work, period, you get a map error.

USMC will have to wait until the patch I guess.

SaQSoN
10-26-2004, 03:18 AM
I guess, the main problem is that if the carrier ops capable aircraft selected as player's ride, the DGEN *always* generates missions where you start on the carrier.

From other hand, I don't think that *any* DGEN mission is usable at all, so I, personally, will wait for some user made historically accurate campaign...