PDA

View Full Version : Settings, I may be ******ed

flemgunner
10-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Howdy Ive been trying to set up my X52 for the game but Im having all kinds of trouble. The flight controls dont seem right (cant really explain it just kinda mushy i guess).
Take offs suck.
I have the il2 control program loaded for the settings and have alot of the stuff I found in here in a binder so Ive been working with the config.ini settings but it doesnt seem to help. What is the easiest way to set this up? Or am I missing something?
Glenn

-HH-Quazi
10-18-2007, 09:10 PM
This question is better posted in the GD forum so I am creating a shortcut to it.

flemgunner
10-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Oops sorry about that. Thanx for the link
Glenn

GIAP.Shura
10-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Try putting all your slider settings to 100 and working backwards if you find it too sensitive. I read that X52 has a natural non-linear element in its input.

Freelancer-1
10-19-2007, 11:25 AM
The X-52 is an odd duck.

The problem I've found with it is that while physically the stick forces are very light, virtually they are sluggish. Takes some getting used to.

You could try this and see if it helps.

Right click the little joystick icon on your desktop and select the control panel. Once there open the tab that says 'Deadzone'.

Now, in the boxes for the X and Y axis's, knock 10% off the OUTSIDE, not the center. That should tighten up the virtual throw of the stick. Try it out and if it's not quite there, knock off another 10% and see how it feels.

Post back with your results.

If didn't work there are some other thing you can try.

Lehnert
10-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Hello Freelancer-1,
you wrote:
"If didn't work there are some other thing you can try ...."

Please, can you post these other things ??

Thank you very much
Gerhard

Originally posted by Freelancer-1:
The X-52 is an odd duck.

The problem I've found with it is that while physically the stick forces are very light, virtually they are sluggish. Takes some getting used to.

You could try this and see if it helps.

Right click the little joystick icon on your desktop and select the control panel. Once there open the tab that says 'Deadzone'.

Now, in the boxes for the X and Y axis's, knock 10% off the OUTSIDE, not the center. That should tighten up the virtual throw of the stick. Try it out and if it's not quite there, knock off another 10% and see how it feels.

Post back with your results.

If didn't work there are some other thing you can try.

flemgunner
10-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Taking a little off the outside of the deadzon e seemed to work pretty good. My game is running kinda slow for some reason so Ive got to mess with it more
Glenn