PDA

View Full Version : Info about the year of Minengeschoss ammo introduction needed

jurinko
02-28-2005, 09:00 AM
well, if we can prove by original documents that Minengeschoss shell was used for 20mm MG-FF/MG 151s from the beginning of war and not only since 1944, some changes with the ammo loadout types may happen.

In 1944, less effective HE/I was replaced by pure incendiary round, which was found more effective against heavy bombers. Maybe this is Oleg´s confusion about introduction of MG rounds.

jurinko
02-28-2005, 09:00 AM
well, if we can prove by original documents that Minengeschoss shell was used for 20mm MG-FF/MG 151s from the beginning of war and not only since 1944, some changes with the ammo loadout types may happen.

In 1944, less effective HE/I was replaced by pure incendiary round, which was found more effective against heavy bombers. Maybe this is Oleg´s confusion about introduction of MG rounds.

jurinko
02-28-2005, 09:02 AM
and yes, if anyone have nothing reasonable to comment, pls relax and keep the thread clean. Few qualified responses from butch2k or John Waters are just we need here.

sikira_SG
02-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Hola!

My intention is not to contaminate this thread, but mearly inform that the MGFF was slightly adjusted to be able to fire the Mineshell.
After that conversion that i "think" only implemented to actually changing the stiffness
of a recoilspring,the gun was renamed to MGFF/M.
/M=ability to fire the mineshell without jamming
the gun.
And that was in 1940.I dont have any doc showing this but it is known that Mineshell was used through the entire war (from BF109 E-4)

Regards

JV44Sikira

ArmchairAce
02-28-2005, 09:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sikira_SG:
Hola!

My intention is not to contaminate this thread, but mearly inform that the MGFF was slightly adjusted to be able to fire the Mineshell.
After that conversion that i "think" only implemented to actually changing the stiffness
of a recoilspring,the gun was renamed to MGFF/M.
/M=ability to fire the mineshell without jamming
the gun.
And that was in 1940.I dont have any doc showing this but it is known that Mineshell was used through the entire war (from BF109 E-4)

Regards

JV44Sikira <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The question is:

Was it used COMMONLY enough to justify its use in early war IL2/FB ammobelts???

sikira_SG
02-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Well..as I wrote,I do not have supporting docs as proof.A bunch of guys does,and hopefully will post them to clarefy the Mineshell matter.

But on the otherhand,why does the MGFF get a conversion to MGFF/M in the first place if the shell is not being used?

But then again..MGFF/M is not a problem in game as it has the Mineshell in the ammodrum.The current problem is the lack of the mineshell in
ammobelts for the MG151/20.

Cheers.

JV44Sikira

tigertalon
02-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi

The question arises to me:

Do Dev Team know, that ammo sequence for non-pod Mg151/20 in FB and later is not the same as in original Il2?

Because it may be changed by mistake (and IMO it probably is (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=3821034482&p=3))