PDA

View Full Version : I think my PF CD is possesed

jimnms
01-10-2005, 04:23 PM
This is going to sound strange, but I can't find any other explanation for these problems.

I just got PF and for the past week PF has been all I've played, so the PF CD #2 has stayed in my CD drive. If I forget to eject the CD while the computer is booting, just before I get to the windows desktop it reboots as windows scans the CD drive.

It doesn't do it whith any other CD in the drive, and 99% of the time I boot my system there is a CD in the drive.

Also some times when I start PF, just as I get to the PF main screen the system reboots. It's really frustrating because sometimes it does it several times in a row.

I'm thinking maybe the CD is out of balance and when the CD drive spins up it starts wobbling.

jimnms
01-10-2005, 04:23 PM
This is going to sound strange, but I can't find any other explanation for these problems.

I just got PF and for the past week PF has been all I've played, so the PF CD #2 has stayed in my CD drive. If I forget to eject the CD while the computer is booting, just before I get to the windows desktop it reboots as windows scans the CD drive.

It doesn't do it whith any other CD in the drive, and 99% of the time I boot my system there is a CD in the drive.

Also some times when I start PF, just as I get to the PF main screen the system reboots. It's really frustrating because sometimes it does it several times in a row.

I'm thinking maybe the CD is out of balance and when the CD drive spins up it starts wobbling.

CKY_86
01-10-2005, 04:30 PM
shall i call the exorsist

F4U_Flyer
01-10-2005, 10:13 PM
What good would exercising do?? It's broke not fat!

FoolTrottel
01-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Go start a thread on this in the Tech forum (Community Help)... that is, if you want to try and have it fixed...;-)