PDA

View Full Version : Downing Fw190's post patch. Anyone offer any tips???

bluesman69uk
06-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Since installing the latest patch I've only really flown as a LW pilot. Today I took up some spits Mk 9c's against 190A6's 12 v 12 set up in QMB. Even with the 20mm it seemed to take most of my ammo and my wingen quite some time before we brought any of the 190's down. I tried again with some P51's ,empting .50's into them but they seem not to go down.

Has anyone else noticed they are a lot harder to kill. Is this now a bit unrealistic or were they quite tough birds to bring down??

What to you guys think?

Thanks

Blues http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

BSS_CUDA
06-30-2005, 10:26 AM
try rockets nothing else much seems to work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

OldMan____
06-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Pilot Kill and Control Hits are fairly common on FW190. I am usually downed (or at least put completely out of combat) on first pass.

Also do not aim dead 6.. if you put any angle you will damagfe the FW much more easily.

faustnik
06-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Has anyone else noticed they are a lot harder to kill. Is this now a bit unrealistic or were they quite tough birds to bring down??

Cheched the forum for related threads. It's a known bug.

geetarman
06-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by bluesman69uk:
Since installing the latest patch I've only really flown as a LW pilot. Today I took up some spits Mk 9c's against 190A6's 12 v 12 set up in QMB. Even with the 20mm it seemed to take most of my ammo and my wingen quite some time before we brought any of the 190's down. I tried again with some P51's ,empting .50's into them but they seem not to go down.

What to you guys think?

Thanks

Blues http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Try the ole' bail and ram technique.

Grey_Mouser67
06-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Best bet is to set convergence close...like 175 or 150 meters and get real close...

Or you can reinstall 3.04...I did that for offline enjoyment

or go to extra weapons strength, but this is not scalable and its on the ridiculous side

or wait for the next patch...i'll let someone else chime in on how long that is.

horseback
06-30-2005, 12:24 PM
While it is harder to tell when to stop shooting (no wings falling off, flames or explosions), hitting a 190 with a bit of deflection seems to have the desired end result for me. Avoid the dead six zone (like I could ever find it-the bastages start rolling and jinking as soon as I get close to my convergence range-and if I change the convergence, they start their hijinks at the new convergence, the scamps), and go for the deflection shot.

Altho the 190 now sports a titanium @ss, they still haven't figured out how to bullet-proof the cockpit-PKs are easier than ever.

cheers

horseback

VF-29_Sandman
06-30-2005, 06:09 PM
as far as 300 meters, a p-38 will carve it up with a short blast from all guns, sever a wing with a 20mm shot if hit at the wing root.

with 50 cal only, dead 6 is a waste of ammo. fuggitaboutit. wing roots are vunerable to 50 cal and will snap them in a 2 second burst. conv set to 250 meters. u'll waste ammo at dead 6 at same alt. either dive on them, or do the usual japanese method of shooting from below and raking the engine/etc. i find that the wingroots are the most vunerable part of the 190. tho hard to hit, just 1 well placed burst will turn the titanium armored 190 a 1 wing bird with even a snapshot if u are close enough. havent flown online with these new fm's..work owns me alot.

it's the p-38, p-39 and p-63 that should be most feared from 190 pilots. a p-38 will carve it up in a hell of a hurry with a close in blast from all guns, and the cannons on the 39 and 63 will have no problems takin them out with a couple of hits. but their cannons dont have a very high rate of fire, and unless their wings overlap the gunsite, u might not score a hit. with any other plane, the p-39's cannon is almost on par with the mk-108's; 1 shot, 1 kill.

deflection shots on a 190 at rather close range is very effective. planes using the mk 5 gunsite are probably the easiest to take em out. put the angled lines along the inside of the fusalage, and u will get hits. 250-300m convergance seems to work very well in qmb runs with the 50's.