PDA

View Full Version : Expansions..

Die_Hard1
12-23-2004, 06:47 PM
Ok guys, i bought PF as a stand alone. Now, it's pretty good but there are not many servers and i see some good things about FB, Aces, etc. So, should i go spend the extra $$ for the expansions? And in order for it to work, do I need the very first IL-2 Sturmovik?

Thanks

Athosd
12-23-2004, 07:02 PM
To get the full package you'll need Forgotten Battles and the Aces Expansion Pack - available together as the Forgotten Battles gold pack.

You do not need the original IL2:Sturmovik - all of its aircraft, maps etc are included in Forgotten Battles.

Once you have it all just install FB then AEP then PF as an addon. This will give you 174 flyable types plus 75 AI only (with more stuff yet to come).

Cheers

Athos

Die_Hard1
12-23-2004, 07:59 PM
So all i need is that pack that comes with fb, and aep? And then install FP?

Skycat_2
12-23-2004, 10:17 PM
Yes, that is all you need. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Gold Pack -or- Forgotten Battles + Ace Expansion Pack.

BTW, the March 2005 issue of "Aviation History" magazine came today, and it has a review of Pacific Fighters. However, it gives the following misleading advice: "If you have IL-2 Sturmovik and its two expansion packs (Forgotten Battles and the Ace Expansion Pack) installed, Pacific Fighters can install as an expansion to the existing group of simulations, giving you a giant simulation that spans both war fronts." The erroneous part of this statement is that you DO NOT need the original IL-2 Sturmovik game; Forgotten Battles includes it by default. In fact, the original IL-2 game is not capable of accepting AEP or PF as expansions.

Die_Hard1
12-24-2004, 10:17 AM
people these days..