PDA

View Full Version : OT: news article in Marin County, Ca. newspaper

Messaschnitzel
12-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi All!
I came across this article about local area junior high school kids interviewing surviving WWII vets for a project to be included in the
Marin History Museum's display about WWII.The
interviews will be recorded on DVD and can be viewed at the museum.Fourteen of the interviews will be recorded.Among the Vets are
Ted Van Kirk, the navigator aboard the Enola Gay and Frank Holmes,one of four pilots to get off the ground at Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7. I have lived in San Rafael,Ca for almost 20 years
and I had no clue that these guys that I have read about since I was a kid happened to live in the same area as I do.Anyway,the title article is located on the front page of this site: www.marinij.com (http://www.marinij.com) I am not sure how long they keep the articles up for viewing, so You might want to take a look soon. I am going to try to get a copy of the DVD if possible, because these guys aren't going to be around forever and I would like to hear what they have to say before they leave for good.

Messaschnitzel
12-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi All!
I came across this article about local area junior high school kids interviewing surviving WWII vets for a project to be included in the
Marin History Museum's display about WWII.The
interviews will be recorded on DVD and can be viewed at the museum.Fourteen of the interviews will be recorded.Among the Vets are
Ted Van Kirk, the navigator aboard the Enola Gay and Frank Holmes,one of four pilots to get off the ground at Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7. I have lived in San Rafael,Ca for almost 20 years
and I had no clue that these guys that I have read about since I was a kid happened to live in the same area as I do.Anyway,the title article is located on the front page of this site: www.marinij.com (http://www.marinij.com) I am not sure how long they keep the articles up for viewing, so You might want to take a look soon. I am going to try to get a copy of the DVD if possible, because these guys aren't going to be around forever and I would like to hear what they have to say before they leave for good.

TheGozr
12-08-2004, 01:05 AM
I'm not far from marin