PDA

View Full Version : Fly-By View (F3)

gt4031414
11-16-2004, 07:21 AM
Is there a tweak in conf.ini where I can extend or preferably stop the fly-by time thus creating a fixed camera or do I have to use FMB and the static camera method?

Thanks

AStotzer
11-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Can you please explain the 'Static Camera' method? I was just learning the FMB last Saturday, and saw that camera object. I placed one at the end of my runway. But I don't know how to use it, or how it is supposed to work?

Athosd
11-16-2004, 07:50 PM
gt - I don't believe there is any means of changing the fly-by camera (available to the end-user anyway).

AStotzer - Once a Static Camera has been placed in the mission you can access it during play by using Ctrl-F2. This is the same key used to "view enemy aircraft", the cameras are added to the cycle - so if there are a lot of enemy planes about you'll have to flick through them to get to the cameras.

Cheers

Athos

Edit - it is Ctrl F2, Shift F2 cycles through friendlies

rummyrum
11-16-2004, 07:56 PM
Yes you can edit the flyby view, I dont know if you can eliminate it completly but you can offset it as well as increase or decrease the ammount of flyby time. Edit your conf.ini file somewhere in here I believe. Experiment:

[HookViewFly Config]
timeFirstStep=2.0
deltaZ=10.0

[HookView]
MouseLeft=Len

[HookView Config]
AzimutSpeed=0.1
TangageSpeed=0.1
LenSpeed=1.0
MinLen=1.0
DefaultLen=20.0
MaxLen=100000.0
Speed=100

Static cameras can be placed anywhere at any elevation, when you cycle through the friendly or foe views you should run across your camera. The guys in the mission builder forum could be more precise. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

BM357_Raven
11-16-2004, 08:13 PM
rg.. on static camera, too, make sure to leave external views on.. maybe obvious, but just in case...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-HH- Beebop
11-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Additonal note on Static Cameras....their default view is East. If you look hard you can see the 1C headquarters.

jazman777
11-16-2004, 09:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -HH- Beebop:
Additonal note on Static Cameras....their default view is East. If you look hard you can see the 1C headquarters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL. BTW, the static camera can be placed at altitude, also. As you go through planes by hitting SHIFT-F2 (externals enabled to do this), you'll go through cameras, too, so you can stop and look around--at a nice dogfight or bombing run, preferably.