PDA

View Full Version : Is there any explanation for this?

Propfighter
01-11-2006, 01:42 AM
Hi all.

This happened to me several months back when I was playing a campaign with the USN with 'custom' difficulty. I reached to the Guadalcanal area and, as you would expect, kicked some Japanese *** on the land, sea, and air. Anyhow here's the wacky deal of what happened, as I reached the end of the operation, I got a different message than I did the last time I was there. It's been quite a while so my memory is foggy, but it went something like this "Now THAT was a success, if we keep this up, we'll be leading them to Tokyo by Bayonets"

After that, I got transported to Okinawa and the narration said that the Emperor had surrendered but there were still some pocket resistances in the south of Okinawa and I had to go through one more mission. It was basically a ground attack mission and I was flying a P-40E! I personally don't quite get what was going on and I'd definately be interested in hearing any possible reason.

I read in the manual that the frontlines move historically but it is possible to speed or slow things down a bit depending on your performance. To be frank, I don't think this was what the manual was refering to, but then again, I could be wrong.

Chuck_Older
01-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Are you flying v4.02?

darkhorizon11
01-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Interesting! I assume this was an in game campaign? Do you remember which aircraft and what scenario you started I kinda want to try this...

Chuck_Older
01-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Some campaigns were quite wrong in PF as-shipped. Patches since then have supposedly solved these problems

make certain you are patched correctly and up to v4.02

Propfighter
01-12-2006, 02:04 AM
Are you flying v4.02?

Yes, I'm playing IL-2 + AEP + PF v4.02M. Is this significant?

Interesting! I assume this was an in game campaign? Do you remember which aircraft and what scenario you started I kinda want to try this...

Well, yes it was the in game campaign since I don't play user made campaigns (I do create some missions here and there for my own amusement, but nothing too big).

I started out in the Coral Sea with an F4F-3 fighter, went on with that to Midway and started Guadalcanal with the F4F-4.

Some campaigns were quite wrong in PF as-shipped. Patches since then have supposedly solved these problems

make certain you are patched correctly and up to v4.02

I'm fairly certain that it's 4.02M. Maybe the reason for this is because I did so well in the campaign by using the unlimited ammo/unrealistic gunnery settings. Next time I'll make sure I use realistic gunnery as it is too easy to make kills otherwise.