PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Apology email

Dizlol
03-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Reposting because the last thread transformed into a DRM complain thread.

I got an email this friday, Ubisoft saying sorry for the server outage, and that they have an compensation up for us.

Anyone from Ubi can give us a hint of what and when?

S.H.O.D.A.N
03-17-2010, 05:03 PM
New in-game items probably...LOL!

Cornik22
03-17-2010, 06:21 PM
I have heard something about them sending us a code to unlock mission replay for the campaign missions. That would be absolutely awesome!

Sabatasso
03-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I would be happy if they just did AC3 more complete and fleshed out. Not another "Super Mario Bros with an interesting story". Multiple choices, active usage of shadows to the assassins advantage, more indoor action and focusing on actually assassinating people, I feel the AC series often turn up as regular murders. The difficulty should be increased also, nerfing the parry ability to something similar to counter attack, timing that is.

The Altair cape bought on Uplay is butt ugly and got something wrong with clipping regarding weapons by the way. The compensation we get for the login issues would be fixing this cape I assume... Ubisoft saves money where they can, and fixing something that should be fixed anyway and call it a reward is something I expect of them.

S.H.O.D.A.N
03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I still think it's going to be in-game items, which would be typical of Ubisoft... Presenting in-game items to people who (Most likely Still) cannot play the game.

Dizlol
03-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Sabatasso:
I would be happy if they just did AC3 more complete and fleshed out. Not another "Super Mario Bros with an interesting story". Multiple choices, active usage of shadows to the assassins advantage, more indoor action and focusing on actually assassinating people, I feel the AC series often turn up as regular murders. The difficulty should be increased also, nerfing the parry ability to something similar to counter attack, timing that is.

The Altair cape bought on Uplay is butt ugly and got something wrong with clipping regarding weapons by the way. The compensation we get for the login issues would be fixing this cape I assume... Ubisoft saves money where they can, and fixing something that should be fixed anyway and call it a reward is something I expect of them.

This thread is not about AC3, please refrain from derailing this topic.

Ontopic: still no answer from Ubi.

Sabatasso
03-18-2010, 04:14 PM
what I meant was that making AC3 better WAS the rewards, sorry for not pointing that out in a teaspoon fashion so even the dimmest understood that.

NightmareGK13
03-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Sabatasso:
what I meant was that making AC3 better WAS the rewards, sorry for not pointing that out in a teaspoon fashion so even the dimmest understood that.

i think you're the dimwit here lol

how would launch another and an improved one compensate players that couldn't play?
thats a really good way to compensate them if the game was given away.
No, instead they'd have to buy yet another game for 60 bucks, with probably yet another protection that wouldn't let players play.
doesn't really sound much of a compensation to me

Sabatasso
03-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by NightmareGK13:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sabatasso:

i think you're the dimwit here lol

how would launch another and an improved one compensate players that couldn't play?
thats a really good way to compensate them if the game was given away.
No, instead they'd have to buy yet another game for 60 bucks, with probably yet another protection that wouldn't let players play.
doesn't really sound much of a compensation to me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You haven't heard of sarcasm, have you?

NightmareGK13
03-18-2010, 05:17 PM
wait didnt i just use that?

Dizlol
03-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Sabatasso, please refrain from derailing this thread with immature comments.

Don't want to repost this topic again because people are just posting offtopic.

Thanks.

caswallawn_2k7
03-18-2010, 05:45 PM
it will probably end up being a voucher for X% off a game from their store.

NightmareGK13
03-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
it will probably end up being a voucher for X% off a game from their store.

ouch
that would be unpleasent :\
my guess is new DLC or items

p.s. slightly off topic feel free to ignore or reply with another p.s
when my black edition arrives and i play how can i earn upoints to spend at uplay or whatever its called?

Gekkibi
03-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by NightmareGK13:
when my black edition arrives and i play how can i earn upoints to spend at uplay or whatever its called?

Just play the campaign. You can't miss the actions, because they are in the main plot. First is when you find <censored>, second will be when you find out <censored> in <censored>, third will be when you meet <censored> and stick your <censored> to <censored> <censored (this was censored for a good reason)>, and the final one when you finish the game.

Hope this helped. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

NightmareGK13
03-18-2010, 07:00 PM
thats it was <censored> helpful :P

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-18-2010, 07:54 PM
well i got my compensation,the ceo came round and mowed the lawn and planted a few pansies.

well pleased.thanks UBI-guy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sabatasso
03-19-2010, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by JerfyNL:
Sabatasso, please refrain from derailing this thread with immature comments.

Don't want to repost this topic again because people are just posting offtopic.

Thanks.

I wanted a well made AC3 as a compensation, and i suggested they would probably not give us anything special as a compensation.

That was spot on topic, I was just defending myself when you decided it was not on topic because it was probably not what you wanted to hear.

kleaneasy
03-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Reposting because the last thread transformed into a DRM complain thread.

I got an email this friday, Ubisoft saying sorry for the server outage, and that they have an compensation up for us.

Anyone from Ubi can give us a hint of what and when?

I'm afraid we don't any final information on what the compensation will be at this time but you will be updated as soon as details have been finalised.

Gekkibi
03-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Maybe they release Duke Nukem Forever exclusively to us..? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Cornik22
03-19-2010, 11:46 AM
I have heard that it will be a new costume, so you can play as Claudia Auditore.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3648/fguxpfamca8e727.jpg (http://img203.imageshack.us/i/fguxpfamca8e727.jpg/)

Gekkibi
03-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
I have heard that it will be a new costume, so you can play as Claudia Auditore.

Now I am interested; did you made that picture?

And what comes to the compensation, what about Splinter Cell: Conviction demo on PC, and cancellation of the postponing of release date of PC version...

LCGuardian
03-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Gekkibi:

And what comes to the compensation, what about Splinter Cell: Conviction demo on PC, and cancellation of the postponing of release date of PC version...

Since we didn't get compensation for the PC version of AC2 being delayed for months (since the DLC seemed to be factored into the price and the email is about server outages) ... SCC is probably not going to get anything either. After all, look at who got the demo for SCC to see how much Ubi loves the PC gamer.

Of course, compensation could be on the cards for PC gamers if the server problems are still happening when SCC comes out. Presumably, there will be a fresh wave of attacks on Ubi's servers when it gets released. In that case, fingers crossed the AC2 compensation is something meaningful to provide a precedent.

drfathertime
03-20-2010, 04:10 AM
@Cornik22
Dude, she's nowhere near that hot man http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, I would like to see a big fat art book as compensation, you know, that book you get when you buy black edition is nice and all, but bit too tiny.

So like hardcover real life books size (like, say A4) would be pretty nice to receive.

Altho, I know that will never happen, and we'll probably receive some crap noone cares about.

Gekkibi
03-20-2010, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by LCGuardian:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gekkibi:

Since we didn't get compensation for the PC version of AC2 being delayed for months (since the DLC seemed to be factored into the price and the email is about server outages) ... SCC is probably not going to get anything either. After all, look at who got the demo for SCC to see how much Ubi loves the PC gamer.

Of course, compensation could be on the cards for PC gamers if the server problems are still happening when SCC comes out. Presumably, there will be a fresh wave of attacks on Ubi's servers when it gets released. In that case, fingers crossed the AC2 compensation is something meaningful to provide a precedent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I meant was that the compensation we should have when we have been unable to play Assassin's Creed II is that Ubisoft publishes Splinter Cell: Conviction demo on PC.

LCGuardian
03-20-2010, 01:24 PM

What I meant was that the compensation we should have when we have been unable to play Assassin's Creed II is that Ubisoft publishes Splinter Cell: Conviction demo on PC.

Ah, I see. Sorry. Yeah, the SCC demo would be pretty good as compensation. But people who couldn't get it would raise hell.

Cornik22
03-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Dude, she's nowhere near that hot man
Nah, I was obviously joking. That's the assasin's model for Playstation Home (female version).

Anyway, I would like to see a big fat art book as compensation, you know, that book you get when you buy black edition is nice and all, but bit too tiny.
Man, I totally agree with you there. I have fallen in love with the concept art of this game. I have dozens of pictures, but watching the whole thing in a hardcover absolute style format would be nirvana for me. They did it with the first AC game, I wonder what happened to this one.

P.S: Cool picture. If you love McGee's Alice, you have a great taste for videogames http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

drfathertime
03-20-2010, 11:30 PM
@Cornik22

Cool pic never the less anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah I just LOVE artbooks, especially from fav games and such.
Perfect "coffee table" book imo, without that "how to plant a beautiful garden" nonsense you know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif it's not like I have a huge land to grow a garden or infinite amount money you know.

Yeah, I just love everything about McGee's Alice you know, even tho, some weapons are... well... anything but balanced.

Also, if you like those weird stuffs, you really should check out an artist named Beksinski, really weird, but beautiful. (if you ask me anyway, most ppl will go "WTF is this monstrosity?!" tho)

Cornik22
03-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Awesome! There is a HR Giger feel in his style.

Gekkibi
03-21-2010, 10:27 AM
I bet the compensation is something free (Except the salaries, of course). So don't expect that an artbook will drop to your mail box...

I would like to quote Maverick_U2007:

Originally posted by Maverick_U2007:
2000 Uplay points......with which you can buy....

1. Upgraded Captain who can figure out the Manual TDC. ...... 500 points.

2. Ballistic Torpedo...Guaranteed to end the war by 1943!!!!.....1000 points.

3. Warp Speed Drive for the Engine room...1500 points.

4. And the final superduper once in a life time, never to be missed offer....for 2000 points.........you can receive............
.Another free copy of Silent Hunter 5 so that you and a friend can share the misery that is both Silent Hunter 5 and the fated OSP system...Don't pass this one up, two sad people can console each other!!!!

drfathertime
03-21-2010, 10:30 AM
@Cornik22
Yeah, but you know what?
It's more than that, he predates Giger http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

@Gekkibi
Well, we kinda knew that already, but you know, wishful thinking and all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Eoweth
03-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Seems a Silent Hunter customer finally got the compensation email (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166135):

Following the recent temporary game server outages which may have caused disruption to some Silent Hunter 5 players on PC only, we would like to reward your patience if you have experienced any problems by offerring you a full downloadable game from the list provided below, completely free of charge:

Shaun White Snowboarding or
Prince of Persia

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Dizlol
03-25-2010, 11:45 AM
That's good news, let's see if something happens with the AC2 customers!

Rekalty
03-25-2010, 11:59 AM
"Following the recent temporary game server outages which may have caused disruption to some Assassin's Creed 2 players on PC only, we would like to reward your patience if you have experienced any problems by offerring you some additional content – previously only available with special editions."

Great... So the people that got the special editions get screwed over, and everyone is happy?

Dizlol
03-25-2010, 12:21 PM
I own the White Edition, so i gained 2 maps, but i'm REALLY happy with them, gonna hit 100% sync.

thales.100
03-25-2010, 12:49 PM
I own the White Edition, so i gained 2 maps, but i'm REALLY happy with them, gonna hit 100% sync.

Nice.

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 01:10 PM
So I just received mail about additional contents...

BLOODY USELESS!

I already had those additional maps!
WTF man.

Screwing over customers who bought the bloody Black Edition are we?!

Chidder
03-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Rekalty:
"Following the recent temporary game server outages which may have caused disruption to some Assassin's Creed 2 players on PC only, we would like to reward your patience if you have experienced any problems by offerring you some additional content – previously only available with special editions."

Great... So the people that got the special editions get screwed over, and everyone is happy?

That's pretty much the question I just sent when I got this email. I mean seriously, you spend tons of cash to have all the special things and now they're giving those away for free?

At least there's still the figurine to cling to... *clings*

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Srsly, this is it.

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY CRAPTACULER GAMES FROM UBI AGAIN!

El_Sjietah
03-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by drfathertime:
Srsly, this is it.

First, breath.

Second, just contact Ubi customer support as I'm sure they made some mistake. I already got the maps as well, so instead they gave me the choice out of 4 free games.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drfathertime:
Srsly, this is it.

First, breath.

Second, just contact Ubi customer support as I'm sure they made some mistake. I already got the maps as well, so instead they gave me the choice out of 4 free games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

first ..what games ?

second..how did they know you owned the game to offer you anything ?

El_Sjietah
03-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Prince of Persia, Tom Clancy's Haw-X, Heroes over Europe and Tom Clancy's End War.

I'm still doubting whether it's authentic or not though, but since people are talking about Silent Hunter players getting free games, it gets more likely.

MidirCuRoi
03-25-2010, 01:56 PM
As stated earlier by another user, it seems those who own the Black Edition are being compensated by receiving the Black Edition DLC. I personally only had one problem with not being able to play (couldn't for the best part of 6 hours shortly after launch), but if everyone is getting freebies, it surely wouldn't hurt to give your more loyal customers (BE owners) something a bit more useful than content we already paid extra for at launch.

Hope to hear back about this soon!

LCGuardian
03-25-2010, 01:59 PM
I feel a little cheated after having bought a Black Edition to get those maps. I'm happy for those who didn't have these maps and are now able to finish the game completely. But for those who shelled out a significant amount extra for a Black Edition, something we didn't already have would have been nice.

Gekkibi
03-25-2010, 01:59 PM
The only reason I bought White Edition was the extra map, and I only bought White Edition because it was not possible to buy Black Edition. So, how about I get some of my money back, because now I only received 75% of the compensation... And those with Black Edition they only received 0%!

Dizlol
03-25-2010, 02:03 PM
The only reason I bought White Edition was the extra map, and I only bought White Edition because it was not possible to buy Black Edition. So, how about I get some of my money back, because now I only received 75% of the compensation... And those with Black Edition they only received 0%!

Would be nice, but i'm satisfied already, at least there is an developer who apologises for the mistakes they've made.

For BE owners, contact someone from Ubi, they might let u choose from the 4 games, as stated above.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-25-2010, 02:07 PM
would have thought it would be a universaly useful "thanks for patience"

avoid the problems appearing here.

i dont need the games,i have a load of coasters from years ago already.

and maps can be gotten as soon as someone scans them.

for a second,just for a split second i thought there was some secret DLC that nobody had or has seen going to be given out.

besides,what "patience" are they talking about http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Gekkibi
03-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Would be nice, but i'm satisfied already, at least there is an developer who apologises for the mistakes they've made.

Ya, apologing saying "Sorry for everyone, we are going to publish the exclusive content so those who bought White or Black Edition are going to feel really stupid for buying exactly the same game for higher price...".

I am not completely nagging. It is good we received those extra content, but I feel the pain some Black Edition owners are having at the moment... Just... Outrageous. So what if they will receive additional Ubisoft games? If they would like those games they can always buy them. So they don't actually receive anything really good.

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 02:37 PM
So what's this talk about free games?

Someone yanking my chain?

Because right now, it feels like UBI is waving the middle fingers high as they can and shouting top of their lungs
"FSCK OFF SUCKER! WE ARE FRENCH, WE DO AS WE PLEASE!"

OK Screed 2 is made mainly by team from Quebec if I understood it correctly, but they bloody speak french still, so my reasoning is still some what valid.

Murcuseo
03-25-2010, 02:47 PM
The talk of free games was just hear say on the forum created by a poster... the "reward" for those of you who haven't got the black edition is the 3 extra locations. for those of us with the BE we get SFA.

Gutted....

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 02:54 PM
I see, I feel like a fish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Bit of update.

Sent a query about this mess.
Look what I got

Response (UK Technical Support) - 03/25/2010 05:00 PM
Hello,

For this kind of query you would need to get in-touch with our head-office:

The Ubisoft address is: Ubisoft, 1st Floor, Chertsey Gate, London Street, Chertsey, Surrey, KY16 8AP
Telephone Number : 01932 578000

Regards,
Ubisoft Technical Support.

Are they expecting me to place a bloody international call for this?!

UBI you really should be ashamed of yourselves.

Neon-NFO
03-25-2010, 03:00 PM
I just got my compensation e-mail, got Black Edition of AC2 from Steam and I can download my games... In fact, I'm DLing HAWX right now.

http://i43.tinypic.com/vh5kwo.jpg

Murcuseo
03-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by neonidasxxv:
I just got my compensation e-mail, got Black Edition of AC2 from Steam and I can download my games... In fact, I'm DLing HAWX right now.

I've already posted in the tech section about this, I thought the free game thing was a **** take...not unless you've photoshopped that... in which case thats very cruel lol

Engioc
03-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by neonidasxxv:

Well I got an email saying I could not unlock all the bonus content, content which I already have. I'm a bit disappointed because effectively I've received nothing.

Neon-NFO
03-25-2010, 03:16 PM
It's not a photoshop job, not sure how can I prove it to you.

Here's a screen of my Steam window:

http://i40.tinypic.com/4kxmpg.jpg

Rekalty
03-25-2010, 03:28 PM
So, Black Editon + Steam = Some compensation, but Black Editon - Retail = DLC you already got?... meh, but yeah, lets give them a buisness day (1 week, wtf?) to reply to my support question... thank god its a holiday soon, which gives me nothing better to do.

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 03:32 PM
So, Black Editon + Steam = Some compensation, but Black Editon - Retail = DLC you already got?...

Your assumption is correct.

Well, I sent mail to UBI customer support, they want to me to contact their head-office in UK by snail mail or call them.

Are they out of their minds?
I'm afraid they are indeed out of their minds.

Engioc
03-25-2010, 03:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rekalty:
So, Black Editon + Steam = Some compensation, but Black Editon - Retail = DLC you already got?...

Well, I sent mail to UBI customer support, they want to me to contact their head-office in UK by snail mail or call them.

I'm afraid they are indeed out of their minds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess the time Ubi management spent thinking about this compensation was well used, very well thought out.

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Engioc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drfathertime:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rekalty:

I'm afraid they are indeed out of their minds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess the time Ubi management spent thinking about this compensation was well used, very well thought out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I guess they already spent OUR money on champaign, ******s, and drugs. So for their part, I guess they had their blast no doubt.

But "goodwill" toward most loyal customers, well, nothing there but "badwill" as for now.

Rekalty
03-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Quickest Ubi-reply. Ever.

Hello,
At the moment, I cannot answer your question as I do not know what people in your situation are to be offered. However, I will pass the case on to a different department to see if I can get more info.

Please bear with us.

Regards,

So, give them a Bear, and... erm...
gotta love the "people in your situation" part though, really makes me feel like a "speciel" person... and not in a good way :P

Oumysoft
03-25-2010, 03:53 PM
I see, I feel like a fish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Bit of update.

Look what I got

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Response (UK Technical Support) - 03/25/2010 05:00 PM
Hello,

The Ubisoft address is: Ubisoft, 1st Floor, Chertsey Gate, London Street, Chertsey, Surrey, KY16 8AP

Regards,

UBI you really should be ashamed of yourselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems like an automated response as I've just got the same thing after sending them a query regarding this situation

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Quickest Ubi-reply. Ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Hello,
At the moment, I cannot answer your question as I do not know what people in your situation are to be offered. However, I will pass the case on to a different department to see if I can get more info.

Please bear with us.

Regards,

So, give them a Bear, and... erm...
gotta love the "people in your situation" part though, really makes me feel like a "speciel" person... and not in a good way :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lemme translate that for you.

"Hello fool

Who cares man? I sure fsck don't, Maybe I can flip you off? No?
Stop whining, maybe I'll mention about you suckers in a month, IF I'm in good mood that is.

Now let me get back to my nose picking"

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Oumysoft:

Bit of update.

Look what I got

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Response (UK Technical Support) - 03/25/2010 05:00 PM
Hello,

Regards,

UBI you really should be ashamed of yourselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems like an automated response as I've just got the same thing after sending them a query regarding this situation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or same guy who copy pasted it again.
Since there is someone else who received different message, I've hard to believe it's an auto response.

Heelflip
03-25-2010, 04:00 PM
I didn't get any email. Would those with black edition be kind enough to give these codes to the rest of us?

Rekalty
03-25-2010, 04:04 PM
the rest of us?

Well, if you didnt get compensation, it would mean you didnt buy the game in the first place?... Or how else would that work out.

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 04:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the rest of us?

Well, if you didnt get compensation, it would mean you didnt buy the game in the first place?... Or how else would that work out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or didn't buy the game when the crapstorm was on all high winds.

Heelflip
03-25-2010, 04:11 PM
I did buy the game...

Besides, what the F*** would I do with the bonus code if I couldn't play the game in the first place and why the F*** would I then go asking for bonus code here if I'd have no use from it?

Rekalty
03-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah, crapstorm theory sounds solid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif anyhow, Just Cause 2 ready tomorrow, should make this arsedragging wait go a little faster, but Ubi's lack of thinking makes me regret more and more, buying the game. Great Game (need patching here and there) but the support and their choices are soooo bad, its almost illegal (but im sure its written into the 50 page long you-arnt-going-to-read-this-anyways license agreement thingie.

Page 47, paragraph 4.7 - Ubisoft has the right to be complete arses about everything. Period.

Dizlol
03-25-2010, 04:16 PM
U only get the compensation when u got the first mail also (Customers who were in the crapstorm)

Pey27
03-25-2010, 04:18 PM
I also bought and finished the game 100%

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9332/assassinscreediigame201.th.jpg (http://img339.imageshack.us/i/assassinscreediigame201.jpg/)

Please give us the codes lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

All I can offer is either a cod4 key or a Games for windows live serial.

In case you want to contact me, [edit - personal info removed for your own protection] or just pm me lol.

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
@Heelflip
Who knows, maybe you like to print out the code and put it on the wall? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

@Rekalty
Yeah, the thinking of (or lack there of) UBI is just baffling.
They HAD to reasoned in this way

"Screw over retail BE, they won't notice anything or will STFU"

I think they just like to practice on Murphy's Law a tad too much

just read here

http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-laws.html

Heelflip
03-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Pey27:

Please give us the codes lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Check stats in options folder - does it say 97.88%? Mine does and I did everything I could.

xingjian
03-25-2010, 04:24 PM
I bought game on the day it was released and couldn't play for days. And i didn't get email???
Can I ask why??? I'm not worthy? I bought it and i couldn't play it on the hall weekend. Please send me the apology mail, this must be som coincidence that i haven't received it yet.

Thanks

Pey27
Come on guys, dont be mean http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Rekalty

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9332/assassinscreediigame201.th.jpg (http://img339.imageshack.us/i/assassinscreediigame201.jpg/)

In case you want to contact me,[edit] or just pm me lol.

Here's the thing though.
Im SURE IBurpSoft, if they choose to give us some REAL compensation, will see if the key they send us has been used or not, and if its been used (given away, or whatever) can claim that we have already invoked the compensation offer given, meaning which ever (if any) real compensation would have been given, is void and null.
So, just for now, I cant recommend Physical-Black-Ed people giving away their Useless Compensation.

Eoweth
03-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Be happy you were offered FOUR games or at least something dealing with the game you play.

Silent Hunter players were offered a stupid snowboarding game. This is just ridiculous. At least AC2 shipped mostly playable unlike SH5...

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pey27:

In case you want to contact me, my msn is "pey (at) 3dgames.com.ar" and my email address is "sebastian (at) gmail.com" or just pm me lol.

Here's the thing though.
Im SURE IBurpSoft, if they choose to give us some REAL compensation, will see if the key they send us has been used or not, and if its been used (given away, or whatever) can claim that we have already invoked the compensation offer given, meaning which ever (if any) real compensation would have been given, is void and null.
So, just for now, I cant recommend Physical-Black-Ed people giving away their Useless Compensation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that's the thing I'm concerned about as well.

Besides, those PPL begging for code, stop bothering us, bother UBI.

Or you'll be dispatched by someone Altair style http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Pey27
03-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I´m not bothering, I´m just asking you to be nice, you´re not gonna use it, plus i´m offering some serials in return :/ -and I did 100%, means I´m a true fan http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Yes you are.
I'm not a nice person.
Maybe I will just toss it for the sake of it.
Not interested in any way, form or idea.
You did 100% congratulation! So?

100 posts FSCK YEAH!

Rekalty
03-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Nu-ah he didnt!
Crapstorm (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Crapstorm)

drfathertime
03-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Oh noes!

"A girl who is supremely hawter, sexier, and more awesome than others. Truly the best girl out of all others and "the pick of the litter."

LULWUT?

OK OK coined the term of this ordeal as crapstorm then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Operation Crapstorm : Retrieve Compensation!

Pey27
03-25-2010, 04:57 PM
I could give u 10 bucks via paypal if they makes u happy. You get 10 bucks and you stop being mad at ubi.

Cornik22
03-25-2010, 08:26 PM
what...the...heck?!? I bought the black edition. What do I do with the new code? Sell it? I feel sooooo stupid right now. My Ezio figure still looks awesome, though.

Pey27
03-25-2010, 08:28 PM
GIMME http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Chidder
03-26-2010, 12:47 AM
Oh, come on, guys. Most of this Ubisoft trashing is ridiculous. Do you really think they only exist to screw you over?

It's like you expect them to be this demon organisation sitting underground somewhere going "we already have this DRM thing, but that's not ****ing people off enough. We need something else...okay, let the servers crash for a bit and see what happens...hehehe..."

And now that they're admitting there were problems and offering stuff people are going ballistic as if this was some sort of screw-over as well. Come on, Ubisoft only wants to make a majority of their customers happy - this much should be understandable.

Let's bug them some more about a decent gift for us BE owners (I sure as hell want a free game if I can get one), but this paranoid **** is kinda over the top, don't you think? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

drfathertime
03-26-2010, 02:32 AM
@Cornik22
My Ezio looks awesome too! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

@Chidder
You are missing the very point mate.
They promised the compensation, which most of customers received. That's fine and dandy.

But select group of people (read: Retail BE) didn't receive anything at all. How's that for fair and just?

Ubi.Vigil
03-26-2010, 05:01 AM
Hi guys, currently looking into this. My understanding was that Black Edition owners should have been offered a similar thing to Silent Hunter 5 guys so this may have been a database error.

Cornik22
03-26-2010, 05:34 AM
It's like you expect them to be this demon organisation sitting underground somewhere going "we already have this DRM thing, but that's not ****ing people off enough. We need something else...okay, let the servers crash for a bit and see what happens...hehehe..."
Just like johnson & johnson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1X2JsAqB2o)

xecollons
03-26-2010, 05:58 AM
I didn't receive that email :S

Gekkibi
03-26-2010, 06:44 AM
My thoughts about the compensation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mLsAMsjg98)

Omri499
03-26-2010, 07:07 AM
I didn't seem to get an apology email with my code free DLC or games or whatever they are. I suffered just like anyone else, where is my code?

persian0077
03-26-2010, 09:14 AM
I haven't received any emails!!! I ask: WHY?

SvartOmk
03-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Strange policy of apology. Some people is "deserving", some not.
Waiting for lettre http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by SvartOmk:
Strange policy of apology. Some people is "deserving", some not.
Waiting for lettre http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

never fear,the apology and its promises are indeed good,all they didnt think of was making sure every single customer didnt get a personalised response email,stating exactly what they would get and when.

i missed the server outages,so i dont get any pwesents.
high end buyers get games
low end buyers get content

gifts are > coasters and maps.

i dont play with dolls
i dont use the maps
the contents free to pc users anyway...

so no loss for me,but no gains either http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

gega33
03-26-2010, 09:58 AM
I didn't got any email. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif
whyyy?

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by gega33:
I didn't got any email. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif
whyyy?

i did,but it was just someone called black widow asking me out on a date ?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

jpinks
03-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Well I havent gotten a letter either. I still have connection issues with this abomination

Doctor_Hades
03-26-2010, 10:19 AM
I filed a ticket due to problems with the DRM almost three weeks ago when I first got the game but I never received any response to that never mind a compensation email. I'm definitely very unimpressed with Ubisoft's technical support.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Doctor_Hades:
I filed a ticket due to problems with the DRM almost three weeks ago when I first got the game but I never received any response to that never mind a compensation email. I'm definitely very unimpressed with Ubisoft's technical support.

could it be your problem is at your end ?

took some doing but i did manage to get the drm to finally disconnect,but had to limit its bandwidth to practically nothing.

maybe filing a ticket with your ISP might have better results.

MidirCuRoi
03-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Ubi.Vigil:
Hi guys, currently looking into this. My understanding was that Black Edition owners should have been offered a similar thing to Silent Hunter 5 guys so this may have been a database error.

Thanks Vigil, please let us retail Black Edition owners know ASAP when something is resolved. Hopefully a database error that can be simply fixed, rather than a 'no idea if you bought the BE or not due to how retail keys were allocated, please send a photo' situation.

Mr_Shade
03-26-2010, 11:46 AM
For those people who have not received any emails - you need to check your account details are correct.

There needs to be a valid email address, so that you can be contacted.

Also if you use a web based email - such as gmail or hotmail - check your online spam folders, just in case.

If your details are correct, your spam folder is clear and you have not received any emails - contact support via the link in my signature.

Chidder
03-26-2010, 02:24 PM
@Chidder
You are missing the very point mate.
They promised the compensation, which most of customers received. That's fine and dandy.

But select group of people (read: Retail BE) didn't receive anything at all. How's that for fair and just?

It's absolutely not and I'm not saying it is. Incidently I also belong to the select group of people who bought the Retail BE. Just contacted support about it, in fact, since there was no response to my reply to their earlier email.

However, at least they're trying to do the decent thing and compensate people, even though there is no law forcing them to.
It just seems to me as if some people don't want to see that, and wouldn't, no matter what else the company tried to make this right.

Then again, what do I know? As a "single player game" player I never had THIS much contact with Ubisoft before. Maybe they do suck. So far, however, I can see them trying, so I simply choose to give them some more time to figure this out...company hierachies are *****es, **** like this usually takes time.

uneek2005
03-26-2010, 02:57 PM
I didnt get an email either. Where they sent out to everyone?

Heelflip
03-26-2010, 03:43 PM
No. Apparently if you wanted to be sure NOT to get screwed and bought the game after their server issues, you don't deserve bonuses... The point is that we, who bought the game later, don't get bonuses because we didn't have to go true all that frustration with their servers. And I can understand this point of view, kind of.
But they should release these bonuses for purchase for the rest of us that are not worthy. I don't care if I have to pay to get those tombs, I'm dying for option to buy the bonuses since the day I got the game. And it's fair to those with black editions. I'd buy them right away if they were offering them.

SvartOmk
03-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
For those people who have not received any emails - you need to check your account details are correct.

There needs to be a valid email address, so that you can be contacted.

Also if you use a web based email - such as gmail or hotmail - check your online spam folders, just in case.

If your details are correct, your spam folder is clear and you have not received any emails - contact support via the link in my signature.
I'm sorry, i missed lettre in e-mail address http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I take back my words http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Harold18
03-26-2010, 11:53 PM
I purchased the Black edition too and I recieved an e-mail for the maps I already had access too, I hope ubisoft fixes this up cause I want my free game! lol

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Harold18:
I purchased the Black edition too and I recieved an e-mail for the maps I already had access too, I hope ubisoft fixes this up cause I want my free game! lol

check the bottom of a box of cereal,or on the table at the dentist office,it`ll be free in the cornflafes or used as coaster at the office.

ye olde games,really olde games,they cleared out the cupboard under the stairs for these "gifts"
you get better stuff from grandma bloggs for washing the dish`s
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

well..its 6am and im bored.

Mr_Shade
03-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by AJ_Rimmer_Bsc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harold18:

check the bottom of a box of cereal,or on the table at the dentist office,it`ll be free in the cornflafes or used as coaster at the office.

ye olde games,really olde games,they cleared out the cupboard under the stairs for these "gifts"

well..its 6am and im bored. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I can tell..

The correct emails should go out soon - the offer of unlock codes for items you already have, appears to be wrong..

Gekkibi
03-27-2010, 10:29 AM
I do hope I (And all other White Edition owners) get some extra compensation because I bought White Edition because of the extra quest, not because of the china-made doll with no real value (The price difference between normal and White Edition was 30 USD. Now isn't that pretty steep price for a crappy toy..? Who can honestly say that he bought the White Edition because of the figure..?).

Mr_Shade
03-27-2010, 10:55 AM
I do hope I (And all other White Edition owners) get some extra compensation because I bought White Edition because of the extra quest, not because of the china-made doll with no real value (The price difference between normal and White Edition was 30 USD. Now isn't that pretty steep price for a crappy toy..? Who can honestly say that he bought the White Edition because of the figure..?). I have no say in the way compensation is offered.

I personally thought the main reason to buy that edition was the limited edition figure though?

Gekkibi
03-27-2010, 11:13 AM
I personally thought the main reason to buy that edition was the limited edition figure though?

Not for me at least. Usually I don't pay 30 USD to get a peace of plastic. And the paint job is poorly made in my figure, so only thing what was "limited" was the talent of the painter ( http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ). No, the one and only reason was that I wanted to have at least one "exclusive" quest. And the one and only reason I didn't bought the Black Edition was that it was sold out during the pre-order stage (3 "exclusive" quests > 1 "exclusive" quest). I don't need any fanart pictures (The Internet is full of pictures), or the soundtrack (Not my cup of tea. I bet none of the songs are Hardcore Techno...), or the numbered box (Usually I throw the boxes to the recycle bin), and certainly not a doll, no matter how limited it is.

So I feel "little bit" betrayed at the moment. Of course I accepted the 2 quests I didn't had, but due to the fact Black Edition owners received a game because they had all the quests, then what about White Edition owners because they already had one quest?

If the reason for purchasing the White Edition is the doll then why did Black Edition owners received a game, because then by using the same logic they bought it because of the doll, cd and some random fanart...

Just my thought...

Pey27
03-27-2010, 11:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AJ_Rimmer_Bsc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harold18:

well..its 6am and im bored. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I can tell..

The correct emails should go out soon - the offer of unlock codes for items you already have, appears to be wrong..

Hi guys, currently looking into this. My understanding was that Black Edition owners should have been offered a similar thing to Silent Hunter 5 guys so this may have been a database error. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought SG5 Gold Edition and AC2 Retail and got no code whatsoever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I sent you a pm and an email to support two days ago but got no answer yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mr_Shade
03-27-2010, 12:08 PM

I sent you a pm and an email to support two days ago but got no answer yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I'm sorry but I don't have a PM from you?

Have you checked that you entered your email correctly when you signed up and also checked your spam folder / web folders?

Also the compensation is only for peole who quailify.

If you have checked your details are correct, and you do quailify, then I would sugggest you contact support again about the issue.

Mr_Shade
03-27-2010, 12:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

Not for me at least. Usually I don't pay 30 USD to get a peace of plastic. And the paint job is poorly made in my figure, so only thing what was "limited" was the talent of the painter ( http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ). No, the one and only reason was that I wanted to have at least one "exclusive" quest. And the one and only reason I didn't bought the Black Edition was that it was sold out during the pre-order stage (3 "exclusive" quests > 1 "exclusive" quest). I don't need any fanart pictures (The Internet is full of pictures), or the soundtrack (Not my cup of tea. I bet none of the songs are Hardcore Techno...), or the numbered box (Usually I throw the boxes to the recycle bin), and certainly not a doll, no matter how limited it is.

So I feel "little bit" betrayed at the moment. Of course I accepted the 2 quests I didn't had, but due to the fact Black Edition owners received a game because they had all the quests, then what about White Edition owners because they already had one quest?

If the reason for purchasing the White Edition is the doll then why did Black Edition owners received a game, because then by using the same logic they bought it because of the doll, cd and some random fanart...

Just my thought... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Like I said, I have no say in what is offered.. If you not happy I suggest you complain, which is your right?

As to the sound track - I can't recall any of the music being techno? - might be wrong.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Pey27
03-27-2010, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pey27:

I sent you a pm and an email to support two days ago but got no answer yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I'm sorry but I don't have a PM from you?

Have you checked that you entered your email correctly when you signed up and also checked your spam folder / web folders?

Also the compensation is only for peole who quailify.

If you have checked your details are correct, and you do quailify, then I would sugggest you contact support again about the issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PM in this forums is equal to Invite xxx to a Private Topic ?

Gekkibi
03-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Like I said, I have no say in what is offered.. If you not happy I suggest you complain, which is your right?
And I am not blaming you in any way. This isn't in your job description, and to be honest I feel sorry for the moderators because they'll have to be in the middle of this poopstorm.

Do you know what is the official way to complain? Directly contacting the Ubisoft HQ or via a support ticket?

As to the sound track - I can't recall any of the music being techno? - might be wrong.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Heh, I am not surprised. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

drfathertime
03-27-2010, 12:59 PM
I've sent complaint to customer support @ 25th

Still on hold http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mr_Shade
03-29-2010, 06:29 AM

PM in this forums is equal to Invite xxx to a Private Topic ? Yes it is..

I have double checked - looking back to the 1st of March, and no messages from you?

I will say sometimes the forum software does play up - so please if you do not receive a reply - send again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But I will just add, I can only forward on your concerns / comments about the compensation issues, I can't personally alter anything.

balee4
03-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Dear Ubisoft!

I've purchased Assassins creed 2 (boxed version) the day it was released, and I was unable to play it due to server issues. I've heard that You give special gifts as a compensation for the problem. From those gifts I would like to recieve the Assassins Creed 2 Downloadable Content if possible (since i already bought Prince Of Persia and Tom Clancy's HAWX). Thank You for reading my post!

Rekalty
03-30-2010, 04:17 AM
They STILL havent worked this out? oh for the... Im just waiting for them to get back to me, regarding my compensation, guess they are just waiting us to death?... or at least silence.

Staniszyn69
03-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Hey guys help me
I have recive apologise email some time ago and still waiting for email with special locations codes... why so long??
help please!

drfathertime
03-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Any of you heard anything from UBI at all?
Because I sure haven't.

And yeah, your sig kicked arse Rekal, pity that UBI had to be anal about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Chidder
03-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Okay, so support wanted me to post the bonus code I got in the Retail package, which I did. Then they wanted me to post the code from the apology email. Sent that to them as well. Then they wanted everything all over again, to which I replied "huh? You got everything from me already, what else can you possibly want?" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Now there's a canned reply (not starting with "Dear Chidder", but "Dear customer") saying they transfered the data to the Developer team who "are working at full speed to find a solution to this problem". They ask for patience because of the upcoming Easter holidays which may lead to the delay of said solution (paraphrasing here as the text is in German). They're closing with the sentence:
"The Developer team will contact you via email [and] present a solution to this problem."

*shrugs*

Okay, I'm not in a hurry. (Especially since I should sit on my backside and study instead of playing...) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Any replies on your end, guys?

Black_Widow9
03-30-2010, 03:24 PM
The emails are going out in batches so if some of you haven't received it and you meet the requirements, I'm sure you will. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif If not please continue to contact Support. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

drfathertime
03-30-2010, 05:46 PM
@Chidder
I guess as next step, they want you to jump thru burning hoops with monocycle,,, or why not go to the main deal, offer them your soul http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

@Blackwidow
Argh poisonous spider! Shoo shoo!
Joke aside, the UBI support gotta be one of the worst customer support I've ever had unpleasant encounter with, reason you may ask?

I've been on hold since 03/25/2010 05:17 PM

Besides, WTF is holding anyways?
Does it mean "We don't know (nor care), so we gonna ignore this query until customer forget about it" or what?

MelodicRock
03-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Black_Widow, can you please let us know when the last of those batches has been sent out? As of now, I still haven't received the new email (though I did get the old one for the stuff I already have), and I don't know if that is because I'm in a 'batch-to-come', or if they just forgot to send me a new key at all?

Staniszyn69
03-31-2010, 11:00 AM
same as MelodicRock

adamiedens
03-31-2010, 12:53 PM
So, someone please help me out, because I was away for some days and I do not really know what is going on.
I bought the pc game the day it came out, but due to my exams I haven't played it yet, and I am planning o do so this Friday. So, as everyone seems to get an e-mail with a compensation, does that mean the game won't work? I read on wikipedia that the compensation is some new tombs. So, even if it works, will I still get the e-mail with the tombs or not? or was that a limited time offer?

I heard there were some problems with the new DRM, but I figured they would have been solved by now.

Mr_Shade
03-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by adamiedens:
So, someone please help me out, because I was away for some days and I do not really know what is going on.
I bought the pc game the day it came out, but due to my exams I haven't played it yet, and I am planning o do so this Friday. So, as everyone seems to get an e-mail with a compensation, does that mean the game won't work? I read on wikipedia that the compensation is some new tombs. So, even if it works, will I still get the e-mail with the tombs or not? or was that a limited time offer?

I heard there were some problems with the new DRM, but I figured they would have been solved by now.

The compensation was offered to people affected by the OSP server downtime, which happened the first two weekends at launch.

Since you didnt register the game then, you won't have been offered it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I am playing AC2 now, without issues - I live in the UK, if that helps - so currently the game should work fine, if it does not, you should contact support, since it may be a local issue.

Somepeople in this thread have said about certain firewalls being a problem.

BrainDedd
03-31-2010, 01:27 PM
No updates on new content for Black Edition owners? Must I also try tech support?

adamiedens
03-31-2010, 02:46 PM
The compensation was offered to people affected by the OSP server downtime, which happened the first two weekends at launch.

Since you didnt register the game then, you won't have been offered it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I am playing AC2 now, without issues - I live in the UK, if that helps - so currently the game should work fine, if it does not, you should contact support, since it may be a local issue.

Some people in this thread have said about certain firewalls being a problem.
So, I know this is a bit of topic, but any chance it will become available for me. I don't care if I have to buy it. Or should I have ordered the black edition for that? normally I would not care, but I hate missing out on stuff, and I think almost every pc user registered when the game came out, and this way I feel like really missing out on stuff. I just feel it's a bit unfair that people get these extra stuff for not being able to play the game one or two days, while I wasn't able to play it for weeks because of my exams. I understand Ubisoft's decision,and I know it's ridiculous and wrong of me, but this is how I feel. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

TristanVonZorn
03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi, Mr_Shade.
I bought the game on 09. March. I couldn't play with it the second time, when the server get down. I didn't get any apology e-mail, or compensation from the Ubi. Can you tell me, why? I will get it? I write to the Ubisoft support on the last week, but they didn't answer to me, yet. And the last night, when I'm playing, tne connection gone about three times. Not my net, just the Ubisoft server connection.

Black_Widow9
03-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by BrainDedd:
No updates on new content for Black Edition owners? Must I also try tech support?

For all Black Edition holders who meet the requirements, you will be receiving another email. Sorry about the Technical mistake. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

@ Tristan-
You need to contact Support. They can let you know if you are eligible or not. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TristanVonZorn
03-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
@ Tristan-
You need to contact Support. They can let you know if you are eligible or not. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Thanks, Black_Widow9!
Than I'm waiting.

Cornik22
03-31-2010, 05:57 PM
I hope so. I'm still waiting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

firenze2010
03-31-2010, 07:47 PM
i guess us North Americans get stiffed as usual no? no free DLCs for us i bet

drfathertime
04-01-2010, 03:52 AM
@Cornik22
You and me both bro, You and me both http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Besides, that customer support query is STILL on hold.

Mr_Shade
04-01-2010, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by firenze2010:
You might loose that bet if you registered at launchhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you qualify for the compensation, as in you registered the game at launch and suffered due to the initial downtime also at launch, you will get some form of compensation.

What you receive depends on the title you bought.

The downtime affected everyone, so everyone affected gets something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you have not heard anything at all, you should already have had an email a couple of weeks ago telling you of the intention to give out compensation, then I suggest you re-check both the account settings used in the game are correct [double check the email address used is spelt correctly etc] and also check your spam folders - both locally and online if you use a web based email.

If you still have no email, and you are 100% sure you qualify, then alert Support.

People not affected, will not receive compensation.

Murcuseo
04-01-2010, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by firenze2010:
You might loose that bet if you registered at launchhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you qualify for the compensation, as in you registered the game at launch and suffered due to the initial downtime also at launch, you will get some form of compensation.

What you receive depends on the title you bought.

The downtime affected everyone, so everyone affected gets something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you have not heard anything at all, you should already have had an email a couple of weeks ago telling you of the intention to give out compensation, then I suggest you re-check both the account settings used in the game are correct [double check the email address used is spelt correctly etc] and also check your spam folders - both locally and online if you use a web based email.

If you still have no email, and you are 100% sure you qualify, then alert Support.

People not affected, will not receive compensation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I alerted support almost as soon as it happened but haven't heard anything back, so Mr_Shade saying do exactly that doesn't guarantee you'll get noticed.

I guess it's just a matter of persistence, if you're persistent enough you will get what you're after... those that don't have the time or energy will be left without anything I guess

Mr_Shade
04-01-2010, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:

I alerted support almost as soon as it happened but haven't heard anything back, so Mr_Shade saying do exactly that doesn't guarantee you'll get noticed.

I guess it's just a matter of persistence, if you're persistent enough you will get what you're after... those that don't have the time or energy will be left without anything I guess

People affected by the server downtime [as covered by the compensation] - should all already have had at least one email, stating some form of compensation is coming.

If you registered the game at launch, and where affected, you should have automatically received an emnail, you didnt need to contact support at this time- so please double check your account settings [the account used to play the title concerned] and your spam folders [if you use hotmail / Gmail remember there's also an spam folder on the web based email - which also traps spam]

If you have done all of the above, and do indeed qualify for the compensation, and still don't have any emails, I can only suggest what you have already done, and let support know, since something somewhere is amiss.

Final compensation emails, at present, have not gone out to certain games, users as already posted - they go out in batches, but you should have the first email, if you qualify.

[Sorry to have to go on about qualifying - but I don't want people thinking everyone who buys the games, gets something, it's only people affected by the launch downtime who do, as stated in the official announcements]

Murcuseo
04-01-2010, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

People affected by the server downtime [as covered by the compensation] - should all already have had at least one email, stating some form of compensation is coming.

If you registered the game at launch, and where affected, you should have automatically received an emnail, you didnt need to contact support at this time- so please double check your account settings [the account used to play the title concerned] and your spam folders [if you use hotmail / Gmail remember there's also an spam folder on the web based email - which also traps spam]

If you have done all of the above, and do indeed qualify for the compensation, and still don't have any emails, I can only suggest what you have already done, and let support know, since something somewhere is amiss.

Final compensation emails, at present, have not gone out to certain games, users as already posted - they go out in batches, but you should have the first email, if you qualify. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do indeed qualify for the compensation and have 2 "Online Service Notification" emails... one telling me I was getting compensated and another with said compensation. Which was the DLC I already purchased with the Black Edition.

I contacted support the day after I received the latter of those 2 emails and haven't heard anything since.

That was on the 26th of March.

As I said contacting support doesn't guarantee you'll be noticed....

XX55XX
04-01-2010, 01:52 PM
What, ho? An apology from Ubisoft? Best apology they can give is to release an off-line solution to all players.

lamgf
04-02-2010, 08:32 AM
i pre-ordered the steam version and tried to register it for 10+hrs at lauch day( so im sure i qualify for compensation) and received no e-mail til this day.

i have contacted the support and this is is what i got:
"Ubisoft has already begun sending out emails to those affected by the downtime so we are asking affected players to keep an eye on your email account, checking your spam folders etc. We also suggest double checking your profile settings on Ubi.com to ensure your listed email address is up to date and correct. These emails will be sent out automatically based on our server records, and any cd keys that attempted to authenticate the game and failed during specific outage periods will receive an email detailing the compensation offer."

they set my question to SOLVED wich is bs, since i still got no message with the compensation or some explanation of why im not eligible.

Mr_Shade
04-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by lamgf:
i pre-ordered the steam version and tried to register it for 10+hrs at lauch day( so im sure i qualify for compensation) and received no e-mail til this day.

i have contacted the support and this is is what i got:
"Ubisoft has already begun sending out emails to those affected by the downtime so we are asking affected players to keep an eye on your email account, checking your spam folders etc. We also suggest double checking your profile settings on Ubi.com to ensure your listed email address is up to date and correct. These emails will be sent out automatically based on our server records, and any cd keys that attempted to authenticate the game and failed during specific outage periods will receive an email detailing the compensation offer."

they set my question to SOLVED wich is bs, since i still got no message with the compensation or some explanation of why im not eligible. As they said, the emails are going out.. so you may still receive one..

That is maybe why it was closed, since they answered your question? by telling you to check your account settings, and spam folders and to wait for the emails to be sent.

If you still don't receive an email, when they have been sent out, then you can contact them again.

Chidder
04-02-2010, 08:55 AM
lamgf, they closed my request too, but it said in their last note that this may happen because requests are automatically closed after 48 hours and that we should just open them again.

Just add a note reading "still unsolved" or whatever.

MidirCuRoi
04-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Just a quick update on my own personal attempts at communication, for those still hanging on for an answer...

I recieved the compensation e-mail on the 25/3 for the extra content included in the Black Edition. Having already purchased the Black Edition through retail, I e-mailed Ubi technical support on the 26/3, asking why the BE retail purchasers were not getting the same deal as the Steam purchasers, as of now, my question is on hold, roughly a full working week from me asking it.

Hopefully I'll be able to report back better news soon, but retail BE owners like myself don't seem to be faring well thusfar.

Mr_Shade
04-02-2010, 10:08 AM
As posted on page 5 of this thread, in case people have missed it.

So there appears to have been a mix up in some of the emails, the new emails with the new offer of compensation, have not gone out yet [as far as I know]

So they are aware of the issue.

drfathertime
04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

Final compensation emails, at present, have not gone out to certain games, users as already posted - they go out in batches, but you should have the first email, if you qualify. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do indeed qualify for the compensation and have 2 "Online Service Notification" emails... one telling me I was getting compensated and another with said compensation. Which was the DLC I already purchased with the Black Edition.

I contacted support the day after I received the latter of those 2 emails and haven't heard anything since.

That was on the 26th of March.

As I said contacting support doesn't guarantee you'll be noticed.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm on the exactly same boat.
I hope they'll solve this issue soon...
BTW my query is STILL on hold... yay http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Staniszyn69
04-06-2010, 03:59 AM
I still heavent recive email with codes!!

Heelflip
04-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Me neither. They replied to my first support question in a day, I think that was 2 weeks ago. I sent them another question few days ago and still no reply.

Cornik22
04-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Same thing here. Still waiting...

drfathertime
04-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Are they stupid or are they stupid I wonder.

"Dear User

For this kind of query you would need to get in-touch with our head-office (in the UK - there is no such office in -my country-) :

Regards,
Ubisoft Technical Support."

I asked them to give me an email address, to contact which they promptly IGNORED.

They had nerve to copy paste redundant info tho.

Are they getting paid for copy pasting info I never asked, and without giving customers no support what so ever?

What is this?!

SvartOmk
04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I wrote to support one week ago - still no answer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Oumysoft
04-08-2010, 10:27 AM
does anyone know what happened to the black edition compensation, I was told that emails were not sent out before easter but it seems to have gone quite

Murcuseo
04-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Oumysoft:
does anyone know what happened to the black edition compensation, I was told that emails were not sent out before easter but it seems to have gone quite

Nope, apparently the emails are being sent out in batches but I haven't recieved mine.

Ubi certainly seem to be taking their sweet time about it, hopefully they'll come through soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chidder
04-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Yep, same here, still waiting.

Support (the German one at least) seems to be overrun by requests. I put in a different one regarding the profile a while ago and after a canned reply telling me they would like me to be patient with them because they wanted to keep the quality of their replies high the reply I eventually received said something general about one word of my request and other than that didn't have anything to do with my question at all... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Getting restless...

drfathertime
04-08-2010, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oumysoft:

Nope, apparently the emails are being sent out in batches but I haven't recieved mine.

Ubi certainly seem to be taking their sweet time about it, hopefully they'll come through soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something interesting with all this is, noone have yet to say "Hey I got the mail!"

I mean there should be some people who received it...

Chidder
04-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Why? I doubt anything has been decided yet... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Mr_Shade
04-08-2010, 11:50 AM
As far as I am aware, none have gone out yet..

I will see if the UK office have any news, may be tomorrow morning by the time I hear back though.

Murcuseo
04-09-2010, 04:07 AM
I'd be checking your emails guys, I just got mine through about a half hour ago.

Cheers Shade and the rest of the Ubi crew for finally getting the finger out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chidder
04-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Yay, I take everything back. Seems they did make the decision after all. I got my email 40 minutes ago.

Thank you, Mr_Shade and everyone involved! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Mr_Shade
04-09-2010, 04:30 AM
I can't take any credit - http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hope your all happy with the offer?

Murcuseo
04-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Oh aye, I'm Scottish so even if you gave me a dose of the clap I'd be happy.. aslong as its free.

That was a joke by the way...

On a side note, I got my system back from testing and the technician forgot to take his HD 4650 out before sending it back.

I'll be keeping that i think... tis' a good day lol

Mr_Shade
04-09-2010, 04:54 AM
LOL result http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

what was your old card?

[sorry for going offtopic..]

Chidder
04-09-2010, 04:59 AM
I can't take any credit - http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It really comes at a bad time. I should be studying, not playing, dammit! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

But yeah, I'm very happy with it. Will probably end up downloading Prince of Persia. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Mr_Shade
04-09-2010, 05:07 AM
I rather liked the 08 POP game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Murcuseo
04-09-2010, 05:09 AM
LOL result http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

what was your old card?

[sorry for going offtopic..]

I already have a 5870 but my bros b'day is next week and I was planning on upgrading his crappy system so it looks like I won't have to buy him a GFX card lol

But you're right, back on topic http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Xanatos2007
04-09-2010, 05:16 AM
Dear Xanatos2007

You should have recently received an email offering you the additional content of Assassin's Creed 2. This follows some initial issues with playing Assassin's Creed 2 that have now been resolved. We have since determined that you were sent the wrong reward since you have already purchased the Black Edition of the game. To rectify this, we would like to offer you a full downloadable game from the list provided below, completely free of charge.

HERE'S HOW TO GET YOUR FREE GAME:

1- Make your choice by clicking on one of the icons below
<TC's HAWX, Heroes, TC's Endwar or Prince of Persia>

2- You will be automatically directed to a new web page where you can download your game

3- Click the “download” button & enter your promotional code : <random code> when prompted

4- When your game has downloaded you just need to install it

5- Enjoy!

We hope you continue to enjoy Assassin's Creed 2 and can use our free download offer.

If you have any issues with this code, please contact Ubisoft customer service.

Best Regards,
The Ubisoft Team
Well, it's a start I suppose. Thanks Ubisoft.

MelodicRock
04-09-2010, 08:50 AM

To be perfectly honest... not really. Though value wise I'm sure the offers are all nice, the lack of variety in the options results in no real choices for me. Out of the 4 games offered, 3 are war games, a type of games I absolutely do not care about.
So this only leaves 1 option for me: Prince of Persia. This would have been a nice offer, were it not that I already own the physical version of that game.

In short: to compensate for the problems I had with this game I bought, I can either get a free second copy of a game I already own, or a free copy of a game (one out of 3) in a genre I dislike.

I hope you can understand my dilemma...

Melissa

Murcuseo
04-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by MelodicRock:

To be perfectly honest... not really. Though value wise I'm sure the offers are all nice, the lack of variety in the options results in no real choices for me. Out of the 4 games offered, 3 are war games, a type of games I absolutely do not care about.
So this only leaves 1 option for me: Prince of Persia. This would have been a nice offer, were it not that I already own the physical version of that game.

In short: to compensate for the problems I had with this game I bought, I can either get a free second copy of a game I already own, or a free copy of a game (one out of 3) in a genre I dislike.

I hope you can understand my dilemma...

Melissa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they can work something out so you get a discount from a future release.

You're right in saying the selection is fairly limited but thankfully I didn't have POP so I'm sorted.

dannycanuck
04-10-2010, 11:40 AM
I bought the retail version on the release date, have provided my correct e-mail, sent off something to customer support...but nothing. Is there anything else I can do?

Mr_Shade
04-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by dannycanuck:
I bought the retail version on the release date, have provided my correct e-mail, sent off something to customer support...but nothing. Is there anything else I can do? Contact support and explain that you didnt get the compensation email, they will look into it.

uneek2005
04-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm from the UK and got the game on release date. I didn't get compensation emails. Just got the below:

Hello there,

Unfortunately we have been having server problems, for which we apologise.

We would like to suggest that you try again as the problems should now be resolved.

Kind regards,
Alessandro
Ubisoft Technical Support

Login again? Is that it?!

dannycanuck
04-10-2010, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dannycanuck:
I bought the retail version on the release date, have provided my correct e-mail, sent off something to customer support...but nothing. Is there anything else I can do? Contact support and explain that you didnt get the compensation email, they will look into it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will they? If you read my original post, you'll see that I already contacted them and got no response. I have sent a few things to them since ACII came out and they NEVER respond. The last time I got something back from them was when ACI had just come out for PC and I had problems with sound. They got back to me right away and it got fixed. Now...I have sent 3 tickets going back to the release date, on various issues, including the e-mail, and have yet to even hear back on the first (which I had to figure out for myself after a day of tinkering). What and who exactly are they "supporting"?

AcanthaDante
04-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I got a compensation email, but I can't even get on the game, so I can't use it -_-

mickel-mik
04-10-2010, 04:39 PM
???????????, ??????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ?????????????? ???????,? ?? ??????? ? ??????? ??? ???, ???????? ???? :
mickel-mik@mail.ru

lamgf
04-11-2010, 02:58 PM
still no e-mail for me...

Murcuseo
04-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by uneek2005:
I'm from the UK and got the game on release date. I didn't get compensation emails. Just got the below:

Hello there,

We would like to suggest that you try again as the problems should now be resolved.

Kind regards,
Alessandro

I was under the impression the game had to be registered during the server downtime for you to qualify for compensation.

If it was you'll just need to be patient...

Also, there was an earlier post saying the emails were going out in batches, which might lead you think its being done manually... and its the weekend lol

Hopefully whoever is still left out and does indeed qualify will get theirs this coming week http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

uneek2005
04-12-2010, 01:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by uneek2005:

Hello there,

Kind regards,
Alessandro

I was under the impression the game had to be registered during the server downtime for you to qualify for compensation.

Also, there was an earlier post saying the emails were going out in batches, which might lead you think its being done manually... and its the weekend lol

Hopefully whoever is still left out and does indeed qualify will get theirs this coming week http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it was as I got the game on the release date but have to recieve the compensation email as yet.

I did ask about it and I got the below this morning:

Hello there,

If you are talking about the compensation e mail, than, you will have to wait for your yours to arrive.
Ubisoft is sending them to the Customers that have register the game during the Server's black out, and they are now sending more out for the ones that have found wrong codes, empty codes, empty emails.

Kind regards,
Alessandro

Murcuseo
04-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by uneek2005:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by uneek2005:

Hello there,

Kind regards,
Alessandro

Hopefully whoever is still left out and does indeed qualify will get theirs this coming week http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it was as I got the game on the release date but have to recieve the compensation email as yet.

Hello there,

If you are talking about the compensation e mail, than, you will have to wait for your yours to arrive.
Ubisoft is sending them to the Customers that have register the game during the Server's black out, and they are now sending more out for the ones that have found wrong codes, empty codes, empty emails.

Kind regards,
Alessandro
Ubisoft Technical Support </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, at least you're getting some feedback... a lot of people seem to be left in the dark.

I downloaded PoP as my compensation and I have to say the game is incredible, I don't know what I was expecting but it really is visually outstanding.

I'd recommend that once you get your email through http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

MelodicRock
04-12-2010, 11:18 PM
I contacted tech support about the fact that the compensation email contains no real choices for me, and this is what I got back:

Hello,

Regretfully we are only technical support we are not able to deal with this query.

Please reply back to the email you received.

Kind regards,

So that's I did. Given what I've read here about Ubisoft support, I expect to be in for a long wait now...

Cornik22
04-13-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm gonna try Prince of Persia. Looks good! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

uneek2005
04-13-2010, 01:46 PM

Hello there,

Kind regards,
Alessandro

Hello there,

Kind regards,
Alessandro
Ubisoft Technical Support </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, at least you're getting some feedback... a lot of people seem to be left in the dark.

I downloaded PoP as my compensation and I have to say the game is incredible, I don't know what I was expecting but it really is visually outstanding.

I'd recommend that once you get your email through http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope I get the bonus maps as I already have PoP on the PC, I have Hawx too.

EXILE_550
04-13-2010, 02:09 PM
I just got an email with the 3 bonus maps!! yea!!

soccer06
04-13-2010, 02:45 PM
I can confirm this as well!

I just got an email at 3:36 EST giving me the Palazzo Medici, the Santa Maria dei Frari, and the Arsenal Shipyard.

Tyrs_Hand
04-13-2010, 04:55 PM
I got the e-mail, but when I try to input my code, it says that it's invalid. I've tried it with literally all states of capitalization, even reverse title.

I got to thinking, and I realized that the code is supposed to be unique and only usable once, right? Is it possible that someone else without the content guessed my code and is using it?

soccer06
04-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Did you try typing it with the hyphens?

I am going to try it in about an hour, so I will post back here with my results.

soccer06
04-13-2010, 05:47 PM
I just tried it and it works!

When you type it, make sure to use hyphens. ie. the " -"

I also typed it all in capitals, which is how it was given to me. So it probably is case sensitive (just in case you may have lowercase letters).

Tyrs_Hand
04-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by soccer06:
I just tried it and it works!

When you type it, make sure to use hyphens. ie. the " -"

I also typed it all in capitals, which is how it was given to me. So it probably is case sensitive (just in case you may have lowercase letters).

Okay, then I'm either CLEARLY mixed up, or my email was totally ****ed up. I'm posting my exact email into the forum:

Dear Tyrs_Hand,

We know the recent game server outages may have caused a disruption to some Assassin's Creed® 2 PC players, and we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding while we’ve dealt with these issues. To that end, we’re giving away free additional in-game content – previously only available with special editions – to all players. See below for details!

HOW TO UNLOCK THE NEW CONTENT:

Redeem these extras using game code: XXXX in-game by following these steps:

Go to the main game menu
Select Extras
Select Exclusive Content
Input the code above
Play!

WHAT YOU GET:
Palazzo Medici
Santa Maria dei Frari
Arsenal Shipyard

We hope you continue to enjoy Assassin's Creed 2 and your new free content.

Best Regards,
The Ubisoft Team

I bolded and X'd what I -think- is my code. Except for the fact that what I removed was my first name. No hyphens. Only the first letter capitalized. That's it. I have a pretty common name. Someone could have guessed it and used it, right?

soccer06
04-13-2010, 09:38 PM
So there were no hyphens in the code?

My code was made up of all capital letters and numbers in five sections separated by hyphens.

Maybe you should contact them and verify the code. See where that gets you.

LASture
04-13-2010, 10:07 PM
I've still not received a letter. I made a tech support query and they closed it said I could ask again in a month. >_>

My steam username is LASture and I pre-ordered the game, installed it the day of release, cluster**** of connection and all. It was easier to just leave the damn game on rather than having to connect every time i wanted to play x_x.

But no, I'm aware you're all busy and hard at work, just giving a heads up. That Prince game looks pretty spiffy.

SvartOmk
04-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Still no mail.
Received support answer 5 days ago with question had i registred game. I answer - but no answer again.
What it mean - registred? I registred game at my account for internet access. It's not registration?

Kentakka
04-14-2010, 04:30 PM
I recieved the email on the 13th. It was a promotional code to use to download 1 of 4 games. It tells me the code is invalid or entered incorrectly on the site. I simply copied and pasted the code so I know it's not entered incorrectly. I made sure there were no spaces before or after the first letter so I dunno what's up.

MelodicRock
04-16-2010, 03:09 AM
As feared, the tech support answer (to just reply to the email I received, which I then did) doesn't appear to lead to anything. I haven't heard anything back on that reply yet.

Meanwhile, tech support *did* inform me that they closed my issue.

Maybe I should just give up on trying to get Ubi support to do anything useful with my complaints, and just sell the codes to someone who is interested in them?

Black_Widow9
04-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Please recontact Ubisoft Support to find the solution. The link is in my signature.

lamgf
04-19-2010, 07:07 PM
no email for me yet...

uneek2005
04-20-2010, 03:44 PM
I still haven't got my the email either, been waiting for over a month! Contacted support twice and still nothing.

mattg1963
04-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Gee, what a nice gift for all the downtime. THey unlocked content that was already on the disc I purchased. Wow.

Meanwhile, Skidrow just released the crack for AC2.

niteshadexlr8
04-21-2010, 07:42 PM
I haven't got an email either, this is getting annoying.

ukman8912
04-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Swearing will also get your post deleted or edited, continue and you may face a suspension.

Please remember, that posting any information that may help others find or use cracks or other illegal downloads may result in your suspension.

Mr_Shade
04-22-2010, 05:00 AM
Lets not start posting information about cracks and such like..

I'm sure people do not want pirates etc using any information they find to their benefit?

If you have Information that you think Ubisoft should be aware of, please PT a Manager or a Moderator..

This is for peoples own protection - since once people start talking about cracks and warez - the threads go down hill fast, with trolls etc jumping in, and people end up suspended..

And as a reminder to new users: posting links to cracks and information that may help others bypass the OSP [DRM] on Ubisoft titles is against the rules and as such, people doing so may face a suspension.

SteMot_UK2010
04-22-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm sure people do not want pirates etc using any information they find to their benefit?

Except when the use of said cracks is actually a hassle free way to play the game I paid for.

Grifid
04-23-2010, 12:59 PM
No apology email...no real support (2 weeks no real answer)...all wrz chicken play free...no problem...pls say some new lies.
One positive thing: .........oh no, no positive thing!

ukman8912
04-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Right Mr Shade,

I didn't need to pm YOU or a Manager or a Moderator because I already linked to the information that showed that Ubisoft's pathetic DRM has been cracked, nowhere in that link was any information where to obtain the crack as you well know! And I'm freely entitled to talk about cracks if I want to, ever heard of free speech? Educate yourself........

And you waffling on about posting links to information that MIGHT (read as WILL/WOULD) help others (QUITE RIGHTFULLY) bypass the DRM on Ubisoft titles being against the rules is pathetic, now it's been cracked (UNDENIABLY CRACKED) I suggest you get Ubisoft to 'crack' on and release a patch for the paying customers to enable them to play offline if they want to! It's not hard, it isn't rocket science.

And you can ban me for all I care because I really don't give a [edit]as I WILL be back with a different nickname at any time I so wished and you wouldn't know when or where or who.

Simple.

niteshadexlr8
04-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Mate, we're all frustrated about it, and I guess maybe Mr Shade misinterpreted your link, but chill out. If there's a crack out, and the DRMs still bothering you, no-one's forcing you to play by the rules (I guess).

On a sort-of related note, I still haven't received an apology email from Ubisoft, I sent them an email to ask why about a week ago, still haven't gotten a reply. Out of order, Ubisoft, you're not doing yourself favours here.

lamgf
04-24-2010, 11:38 PM
two weeks and no mail
just opened 3rd ticket

3rd time... same deal the other two questions...
this is getting out of hand, two weeks in and no mail...
losing patience...
this time i hope that, jason(from ubi support)to give me some REAL answers and not copying/pasting the same respose AGAIN.

Cryeise
04-25-2010, 12:26 AM
if i just bought the game 3 days ago do i still get compensation? i havent even been able to play the game at all :[

RST101
04-25-2010, 02:05 AM
Although there has been a work around for several weeks it still wasn't a proper one because from what I can gather you had to manually edit the d.b values.

Just recently a group has now released an official game/crack which enables you to play the game 100%.

At the very start of this you must have known you will never prevent piracy, ever! The only people who you manage to impose your restrictions on are the very people who pay good money for this crap. I for one will never buy another ubi game until this drm crap is gone!

This is the nfo from skidrow -

"Special Notes:

Thank you Ubisoft, this was quiete a challenge for us, but nothing stops the leading force from doing what we do. Next time focus on the game and not on the DRM. It was probably horrible for all legit users. We just make their lifes easier."

Ubisoft please take note.

Fighting piracy is a massive waste of money and time. If you were to focus on the quality of the game instead of the best way to censor and restrict your paying consumers you will have a lot more success in the money chasing world in which you reside.

N.B You will never stop piracy!

Murcuseo
04-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Cryeise:
if i just bought the game 3 days ago do i still get compensation? i havent even been able to play the game at all :[

Unfortunately, the compensation was only for the customers who had the game registered during the server down time just after release.

If you're having connection issues I suggest you look through some of the topics in AC Community Technical Help and Advice Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/4721051016) to see if you can resolve the issue

niteshadexlr8
04-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I guess those people's compenssation was well-deserved, being early buyers. Still not an excuse for fixing their crappy servers OR not getting rid of a DRM which has now proven to be ineffective and a nuisance.

Mr_Shade
04-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by ukman8912:
And I'm freely entitled to talk about cracks if I want to, ever heard of free speech? Educate yourself........

I will just point out that you are on a private forum, you did agree to abide by the rules set.

Freedom of speech laws do not apply here.

So as such we do ask that you don't post such things, along with many other subjects not suitable for these forums.

Thank you

Grifid
04-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Buying 2010.03.05
Registered
2010.03.06 08:45 AM

Waiting.

"Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,
Alessandro
Ubisoft Technical Support."

Yet how long?

lamgf
04-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Response (Jason) 04/28/2010 20:45

Unfortunately, compensation offers were made to North American customers based on server records. If you have not yet received an email regaring this, you will not be receiving one. Thank you for your understanding in this matter
now, this is just wrong. I was affected like everybody else and NOW he comes with this bull****?
EDIT: just updated my ticket with the following:

no, i do not understand, there is no mention ANYWHERE that this is only for North America, and how coud i register my game if i only received my key AFTER the server outtage?(and of course not showing on server recods.)

Grifid
05-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Mr Shade!

I am a very patient man.
It AC3 he will not be buyed, I wait for his crack patiently.
Have a nice day!

rutix
05-06-2010, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by lamgf:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Response (Jason) 04/28/2010 20:45

Unfortunately, compensation offers were made to North American customers based on server records. If you have not yet received an email regaring this, you will not be receiving one. Thank you for your understanding in this matter
now, this is just wrong. I was affected like everybody else and NOW he comes with this bull****?

no, i do not understand, there is no mention ANYWHERE that this is only for North America, and how coud i register my game if i only received my key AFTER the server outtage?(and of course not showing on server recods.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you received your key after the server outtage then you didn't suffer from it? Only people who suffered from the server outtage get compensation.

Ofcourse its a different story if you bought the game and you suffered from the outtage the first time you tried to play the game.

S.H.O.D.A.N
05-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by rutix:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lamgf:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Response (Jason) 04/28/2010 20:45

no, i do not understand, there is no mention ANYWHERE that this is only for North America, and how coud i register my game if i only received my key AFTER the server outtage?(and of course not showing on server recods.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you received your key after the server outtage then you didn't suffer from it? Only people who suffered from the server outtage get compensation.

Ofcourse its a different story if you bought the game and you suffered from the outtage the first time you tried to play the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought & registered my game during the server outage and so got the 'Apology' Email, I'm still having problems even now so really nothing much has changed.

I wonder if we'll get an apology for their apology about server problems?

TristanVonZorn
05-14-2010, 01:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dannycanuck:
I bought the retail version on the release date, have provided my correct e-mail, sent off something to customer support...but nothing. Is there anything else I can do? Contact support and explain that you didnt get the compensation email, they will look into it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have contacted with the Ubi support. They answered to me THIS:

Hello,
Can you please try fully uninstalling the game, making sure you delete any files it leaves behind on the C:\ drive. Then, apply the troubleshooting steps below:
1. Disabling your background applications:
To do this, go to the Start menu on your desktop (or, if using Windows Vista press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time)
Type in MSCONFIG and press Enter.
Go to the tab which says Start Up.
Click the option to Disable All.
Press Apply, then Close then pick the option to Restart.
2. Clearing your temporary files:
To do this, go to the Start menu on your desktop (or, if using Windows Vista press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time)
Type in %TEMP% and press enter.
Go to Edit and Select All.
Go to File and Delete.

Once these steps have been applied, re-install the game. Then, before launching it please manually install the patch for the game - http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/***..._creed_2_1.01_eu.exe (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/assassins_creed_2/assassins_creed_2_1.01_eu.exe).
Before you launch the game, untick the box on the Game Launcher which says 'Remember Me' and manually enter your login details.

Kind Regards,

THEY ARE FUNNY GUYS. REALLY FUNNY.

Stormpen
06-01-2010, 11:08 AM
I registered my game after the 'ruckus' with the servers.

I guess I won't be getting the codes for the Palazo Medici and the Shipyard? (I've got the White Ed., thus, the Santa Maria del Fiore Lair.)

melbourne47
06-02-2010, 04:46 AM
Still on hold/waiting on support until now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

was able to register the game just exactly right before the blackout... then was able to play after the first blackout... then experienced another blackout again on march 9th as said in their twitter... argh...