PDA

View Full Version : x52

Chevy350
01-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Hey i just got a new x52 setup, and im trying to use the little thumb knob on the throttle to look around, is there any way to speed this up? like it works great but it just moves to slow to be usefull and i cant figure out how to speed up the movement speed. any ideas? thanks

Chevy350
01-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Hey i just got a new x52 setup, and im trying to use the little thumb knob on the throttle to look around, is there any way to speed this up? like it works great but it just moves to slow to be usefull and i cant figure out how to speed up the movement speed. any ideas? thanks

Tully__
01-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Go in to Windows Control Panel and find your mouse setup options. On the pointer tab, move the pointer speed slider further to the right. The thumb thingy emulates mouse so the mouse pointer speed will control the view panning speed in game.

PanzerAce
01-14-2009, 04:01 AM
Chevy, what I do with my X52 is use the hat switch to get looking close to where I want, and then use the thumb mouse for the fine stuff. Or I just let go of the throttle (HOTAS, yah yah, I know) to move the view quickly.

Bearcat99
01-14-2009, 05:12 AM
If you set that up s a mouse can t you adjust the pan speed within the Saitek SW? I know you can on an X-45..... even ifg you use a hat switch as a mouse. I also believe it is independent of the windows mouse settings.l.

crucislancer
01-14-2009, 10:23 AM
I use the mouse knob on the X52 throttle to look around as well. I adjusted mouse speed in game, just a couple of notches or it gets way too fast. I have a seperate button to center my view. It works quite well for me.

Tully__
01-16-2009, 03:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
If you set that up s a mouse can t you adjust the pan speed within the Saitek SW? I know you can on an X-45..... even ifg you use a hat switch as a mouse. I also believe it is independent of the windows mouse settings.l. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
BC, the X-45 mouse hat is just a hat switch but the X-52 one is an analog ministick. It emulates mouse in a slightly different fashion to the X-45 one.

If you re-assign the X-52 analog mouse to one of the other hats on the X-52 it will behave the same as the X-45 mini-stick.

grndragon57
01-16-2009, 11:05 AM
In the "Profile Editor" it can be adjusted with the "Ministick X Axis" and "Ministick Y Axis" sensitivity. On the older software its at the bottom, not sure about the newer version.

crucislancer
01-16-2009, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grndragon57:
In the "Profile Editor" it can be adjusted with the "Ministick X Axis" and "Ministick Y Axis" sensitivity. On the older software its at the bottom, not sure about the newer version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's at the bottom as well. The sensitivity adjustment in the software isn't enough (for me), so I have to adjust mouse sensitivity in IL-2 as well.