PDA

View Full Version : Got UP!

rfxcasey
06-15-2010, 06:56 AM
I finally got UP 2.01 installed and working properly. I must say it really puts a nice polish on IL-2 without going overboard or turning into something worst or unrecognizable. I have to hand it to whoever selected the enhancements as they really do seem to enhance the experience rather then detract from it. My hats off.

Ba5tard5word
06-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Yep...anyone who took one look at the AAA UI mods and thought the mods were just some goofy sound mods and frankenplanes without their own pits ain't seen nothing yet...I don't know what the UP guys did but they made all the ground textures and plane textures a lot sharper, which is a major bonus for me. Really makes the game look more modern and makes the colors more realistic without giving you a big hit on your framerates.

ROXunreal
06-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Only issues I have with UP is the ridiculously silent sound of the 190 Anotn engines and the fact that I can't see the minimap letter coordinates clearly (probably some bug or a bad install).

Otherwise everything's great

rfxcasey
06-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeah I noticed that on the Marianas islands in the dynamic campaign I was playing the ground went from being all brown to looking lush and green. I also really like the new planes like the Panther, Sabre and the Mig 17. The 50 cal sound effects are just perfect too.