PDA

View Full Version : Track IR

iceman2374
02-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Hello I was thinking about getting a Track IR but dont know which one to get. Is it worth the extra $30 for the pro version Thanks

jbt308
02-03-2005, 02:00 PM
I can't really speak for the non-pro version, but I have the Pro 3, and it works really well. You can always look out for a coupon from Naturalpoint, if you don't have one, I was just emailed one from NP for $30 off.

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-04-2005, 06:03 AM
I figured that if I was going to spend over $100 on a head-tracking IR controller...what's another $30. I went ahead and got the Pro.

TB

marcocomparato
02-04-2005, 07:20 AM
my Father's advice: (an Italian immigrant who worked as a tailor from the age of 6)

-- "save longer and always buy the best...you will always be happy with it."

Tallyho1961
02-04-2005, 07:51 AM
I started with the TIR3 Pro, so can't speak from personal experience about earlier versions.

I have read numerous posts, however, suggesting that version 3 is a vast improvement over the others. Plus as far as I know it is the first version to support the 6DOF feature.

Bottom line: after a short, relatively painless learning curve, you'll wonder how you ever flew without TIR. If you can possibly manage it, order one ASAP. You won't regret it.

S!

Marine7011
02-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Ive got a track ir 3 pro and it is the best thing ive bought for flight simming..like poster above me stated i wonder how i flew without it!!

Semper Fi

jbt308
02-04-2005, 08:36 AM
One thing I haven't gotten used to yet though is the fighter combat. I fly a lot of bombers, and it's great! I also fly FS2004 and the TrackIR works great there as well. Honestly, it's a great product.

The problem I'm having is that when I create the dead-spot in the middle to allieviate to smooth out the minor head shaking, there's a lot of acceleration when you do turn your head. To stop this, I've just made flat speed tracking line. But that means that any head inputs move your view. Makes keeping the crosshairs steady difficult, and toggling switches in FS2004 a touch difficult.

That's probably just me, but all in all, a great investment! Come, join the club. You know you want to.

Scen
02-04-2005, 10:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jbt308:
One thing I haven't gotten used to yet though is the fighter combat. I fly a lot of bombers, and it's great! I also fly FS2004 and the TrackIR works great there as well. Honestly, it's a great product.

The problem I'm having is that when I create the dead-spot in the middle to allieviate to smooth out the minor head shaking, there's a lot of acceleration when you do turn your head. To stop this, I've just made flat speed tracking line. But that means that any head inputs move your view. Makes keeping the crosshairs steady difficult, and toggling switches in FS2004 a touch difficult.

That's probably just me, but all in all, a great investment! Come, join the club. You know you want to. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well by the sounds of it you haven't setup your dead zone properly. I have zero issues with being able to shoot without disturbing view through head movement.

Also make sure you're running the lastest rev of software. It seems to make things a lot smoother in general.

And last but not least I went ahead and bought the vector software and it gets rid of the leaning issues. Since you fly MSFS2004 you might want to look into it. It supports 6DOF.

Scendore

GT182
02-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Go with the IR3 Pro and vector software, you'll be glad you did. Those of us with the IR2 are upgrading as soon as we can.

Klarkash
02-04-2005, 05:36 PM
I upgraded from the TIR 1 to the 3pro, and it was a major improvement. Of course, when I was a lad we didn't even have enhanced mode...