PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe no one noticed this bug....

EFileTahi-A
08-04-2005, 09:05 AM
This bug is present since the game was released...

When we press ESCAPE the engine sound stops and don't resume when we exist the menu. I always have to press F3, F4 etc. to activate the engine sound again. I noticed this the very first time I played the game in my very first training mission few months ago...

There are also many times when the playing engine sound does not match the current subs speed. I am' still not sure what cause this but might be due (and again) the ESCAPE menu or loading saved games. This happened yesterday when I was at 70 meters deep at "ahead slow" with the engine sound of "ahead flank"...

Is this only happening to me or what?

HimmelJaeger
08-04-2005, 11:36 AM
I noticed it the first day I played the game. It also happens when you are at the map, and go to 1024X time compression for longer than 5 seconds or so, and your engine sound dissappears except for the propellor sound. I have to order ahead 1/3rd and then back to ahead full for the engine sound to come back. It's just oen of those bugs noone bothers with, because while annoying, it's minimal.

WilhelmSchulz.-
08-04-2005, 05:05 PM
only to u

BobV_07
08-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by EFileTahi-A:
This bug is present since the game was released...

When we press ESCAPE the engine sound stops and don't resume when we exist the menu. I always have to press F3, F4 etc. to activate the engine sound again. I noticed this the very first time I played the game in my very first training mission few months ago...

There are also many times when the playing engine sound does not match the current subs speed. I am' still not sure what cause this but might be due (and again) the ESCAPE menu or loading saved games. This happened yesterday when I was at 70 meters deep at "ahead slow" with the engine sound of "ahead flank"...

Is this only happening to me or what?

Nope, I aint noticed that.

http://img242.echo.cx/img242/9361/mesub6qj.jpg

HimmelJaeger
08-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by WilhelmSchulz.-:
only to u

Why are you such a jerk to me? What have I done to make you hate me? Please grow up and stop acting like a 3 year old, there is NO PLACE for it on these forums. Your acting like a little kid.

madsarmy
08-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by HimmelJaeger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WilhelmSchulz.-:
only to u

Why are you such a jerk to me? What have I done to make you hate me? Please grow up and stop acting like a 3 year old, there is NO PLACE for it on these forums. Your acting like a little kid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he works for X1! if not he must have a crush on you & is trying to get your attention.

VikingGrandad
08-05-2005, 04:00 AM
only to u
This kind of attitude does not belong on the SH3 forums.

This is not the first time you have annoyed people with your discourteous comments and insults. If you disagree with what someone says, at least try to explain your point of view rationally (like HimmelJaeger did), rather than use childish antagonism (like you did).

I have not experienced the bug EFileTahi-A describes and I agree with what HimmelJaeger says, so your "only to u" generalisation is wrong.

EFileTahi-A
08-05-2005, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by HimmelJaeger:
I noticed it the first day I played the game. It also happens when you are at the map, and go to 1024X time compression for longer than 5 seconds or so, and your engine sound dissappears except for the propellor sound. I have to order ahead 1/3rd and then back to ahead full for the engine sound to come back. It's just oen of those bugs noone bothers with, because while annoying, it's minimal.

A'm glad to know I'm not the only one...

EFileTahi-A
08-05-2005, 06:10 AM
only to u

Don't bother posting useless comments like this in future. The forum's server bandwidth will appreciate that...

Alternatively, browse the web for "sex" related pictures, because, in your case, it's better to have your hands "entertained" in someplace else then messing around with the keyboard...

viciii3
08-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Haven't "noticed" that one yet. Probably due to all the other, major bugs I'm experiencing with this sim http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

GT182
08-05-2005, 09:45 AM
by EFileTahi-
Don't bother posting useless comments like this in future. The forum's server bandwidth will appreciate that...

Alternatively, browse the web for "sex" related pictures, because, in your case, it's better to have your hands "entertained" in someplace else then messing around with the keyboard...

Another comment to ANYONE here like that again will get you permanently BANNED. You now owe WilhelmSchulz an appology and have 24 hours to do so or I will take steps to have you banned. Do you understand? It's now 11:4am EST, my time, and the clock is ticking.

And to WilhelmSchulz.-, knock off the snide comments or the same will happen to you. DO you understand?

EFileTahi-A
08-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by GT182:

Another comment to ANYONE here like that again will get you permanently BANNED. You now owe WilhelmSchulz an appology and have 24 hours to do so or I will take steps to have you banned. Do you understand? It's now 11:4am EST, my time, and the clock is ticking.

And to WilhelmSchulz.-, knock off the snide comments or the same will happen to you. DO you understand?

Well GT182, are you a moderator of this forum? If you are, you should inform ppl of it by adding it to your signture, that would be much more apreciated and usefull then having the current info you have at your signature. Imagine some disguised police officer demanding you answers to his questions without showing his bagde first.

You see, being moderator is not all about banning ppl and say what ever you want in the way you want... You cannot also force ppl to say things...

Banning a person (permenently) is some sort of great responsability you know. To ban a person you have to know it first, know his past to see if that person is actually problematic or if just had only one unfortunate inconsequence or the forum risks to loose a good member. It is not like making decisons at first looks.

You can ban me if you want. But I can tell that SH3 will simply loose a good member as I devoted many time to this forum in the pass.

I once was a admin too for a few years and also act "non-apropriate" too due my low experience

Anyway, If you want me to apologize I do:
I apologize WilhelmSchulz for being rude and harsh.

Am not the hipocrate type but you just forced me to act like one. Because genuine apologies are made with free will not because they need to be made... I only apologize WilhelmSchulz because I apologize you for not being an experienced moderator and to be honest I just want to forget all this and move along...

PS: Fake apologies never work out the feelings inside us...

GT182
08-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Then clean up your act and act like a human being, with respect that they deserve and you expect in return. Being a former adminitrator, or whatever, you should know this right from the start. This isn't Kindergarten 101 here, tho it sure seems it at times.

As for me being and moderator and showing it, that's my choice, as it is with other moderators. And until I and any other moderator, is told otherwise by the UBI Administrators, my sig will stay the way I want it. No one is told how to do their sig, unless it's obscene.

And if it isn't, I'll close this discussion and any other with the goings on in it as this one has. Case Closed. And there are a couple other discussions being looked into by other moderators that might just be closed and/or deleted. This site wasn't intened to be used as a way to slam others or be a pity party. It's here for help with SHIII. UBI giveth and UBI can taketh away, just as fast.

aaronblood
08-05-2005, 02:58 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I should just stay away from game forums.

3.JG51_Molders
08-05-2005, 03:02 PM
I noticed it when I was on hte map going 512x, no biggy though, as the sound comes back when time compression is normal and/or you are in the Command room or Bridge.

EFileTahi-A
08-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Then clean up your act and act like a human being, with respect that they deserve and you expect in return.

I always act like a human being (I happen to be one just like you). And, just like you, I can go mad. Specially when I get... er... how can I put it, "pathetic" posts (WilhelmSchulz.-: "only to you") regarding serious issues like this thread of mine. Even Jesus got mad with ppl some times...

Also, I must say that it is not your person who will teach me how to act as a human nor I will teach you how to act like one, because we are no example of no one.

"Being a former adminitrator, or whatever, you should know this right from the start.(...)"

I Don't understand what you wrote.

As for me being and moderator and showing it, that's my choice, as it is with other (...) moderators.

Yes, I know it is your choice, but you should aware ppl of this, because ppl can think that you are just a regular user that is simply trying to mock them, and this were my thoughts by the time I started to read your post having in count that my post did not contain direct insultive words, or bad words at all, it was cautiously constructed...

This site wasn't intened to be used as a way to slam others or be a pity party.

No public site related to an entertainment product is intened to be used as a way to slam others or be a pity party.

EFileTahi-A
08-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by 3.JG51_Molders:
I noticed it when I was on hte map going 512x, no biggy though, as the sound comes back when time compression is normal and/or you are in the Command room or Bridge.

Yes, I have experienced that too

EFileTahi-A
08-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by aaronblood:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I should just stay away from game forums.

why?

GT182
08-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Ir you're trying to Escape for the sake of getting out of the game, then there's no reason to hear engine sounds. I don't and don't really care to as I'm getting "out of the game". I do hear the background music and that's all I expect to hear.

I do believe time compression screws up the sounds when your running at 512. I do know that the game will skip and jerk if it has a lot to load. Like comming back to port or encountering a big convoy. To me it's no bug but the game working overtime along with you processor. Even my Intel 3.2E does that. There's a lot going on in this game. Plus, a defrag doesn't hurt once in a "regular" while. And your case's internal heat, and processor heat, can and will cause problems.

EFileTahi-A
08-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Ir you're trying to Escape for the sake of getting out of the game, then there's no reason to hear engine sounds.

When I press the ESCAPE key is mainly by mistake (When trying to press F1 at night with no light) or to save the game. The engine sound stops when I press it. Nothing wrong with that, the problem is when I press escape again and exit the menu, the engine sound will not resume, thus I see the U-Boat travelling with no engine sound at all and I have to press any F key in order to resume it... At least this happens to me...

MikeJW
08-05-2005, 03:41 PM
EFileTahi, go into dxdiag and see what your sound acceleration is set at. I had to lower mine to basic to get another game to work right but that caused problems with the sound in SH3. Setting it back to maximum cleared those sound problems.

EFileTahi-A
08-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by MikeJW:
EFileTahi, go into dxdiag and see what your sound acceleration is set at. I had to lower mine to basic to get another game to work right but that caused problems with the sound in SH3. Setting it back to maximum cleared those sound problems.

My sound card acceleration is set to maximum like it always was...

But you had/have this issue?

MikeJW
08-05-2005, 04:12 PM
I never had sound problems until I had to lower the sound acceleration to play GTA:SA. After that when I played SH3 the sound would go screwy. I really cant remember if it did that after hitting ESC, I think it would, but I remember the engine noise dropping out when I looked at the crew management screen. I'd have to go to the bridge or free-view to get it back. Sorry my idea wasnt right but thats the only time I had sound probs and returning the accel. settings back solved them.

3.JG51_Molders
08-05-2005, 06:01 PM
So far I have not experienced sound problems to the level that you are experiencing them at. I might have a solution for you. Go into your "Sound and Audio Devices" menu. Under speaker settings, click Advanced. Setting the number of speakers in the advanced tab makes a difference on whether you hear certain sounds. For example, I havea 5.1 system so I have a 5.1 selected on that tab.

razor_mad_dog
08-06-2005, 05:06 AM
Mate thanks for your advice! Does this new SH3 have ships that you can use? or do you have to get another game for that too?

Braunbecker
08-06-2005, 10:49 AM
this thread is hilarious http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

EFileTahi-A
08-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Thank you, thank you...

You were an amazing audiance!