PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist Hunt - very unsatisfying gameplay?

TonyJZX
02-07-2007, 06:44 AM
The past R6s were usually 15 missions or so.

So you normally finish the missions and then run up some scenarios in the quick missions...

ie. 50 tangos with a bolt action sniper rifle and pistol - this was a source of unlimited entertainment

Is it just me or is the "Terrorist Hunt" in Vegas very poor?

You are surviving by the skin of your teeth in a corridor shooter type environment.

Almost like pacman.

Therefore to me Vegas has:

1. short unsatisfying SP campaign with a very un-Clancy-like ending

2. useless SP random mission generation

3. useless MP component

This makes me look forward to GRAW2 given Vegas is poorer than GRAW in many respects.

TonyJZX
02-07-2007, 06:44 AM
The past R6s were usually 15 missions or so.

So you normally finish the missions and then run up some scenarios in the quick missions...

ie. 50 tangos with a bolt action sniper rifle and pistol - this was a source of unlimited entertainment

Is it just me or is the "Terrorist Hunt" in Vegas very poor?

You are surviving by the skin of your teeth in a corridor shooter type environment.

Almost like pacman.

Therefore to me Vegas has:

1. short unsatisfying SP campaign with a very un-Clancy-like ending

2. useless SP random mission generation

3. useless MP component

This makes me look forward to GRAW2 given Vegas is poorer than GRAW in many respects.

DreamMarine
02-07-2007, 07:34 AM
No, it's not just you... i felt the same! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

randolfphe
02-07-2007, 02:52 PM
the spawn system is a failure, obviously ubi wanted to make the game unpredictable thus contribute to replayability, but we're still able to remember certain triggers and enemy spawn locations. for example in library, almost every round the guys go to the ropes to the roof, then reverse rappel down the balcony where 4 and sometimes 5 tangos rush out. easy take downs.

TonyJZX
02-07-2007, 05:51 PM
It's hard to quantify in exact words why the Vegas Terrorist Hunt is poor.

But put it like this - it was possible to finish the previous Terrorist Hunts in Raven Shield and the classic R6 but using just your pistol.

There was a certain 'fairness' about how it played.

Saying that I did finish a few of the terrorist hunts.

Vegas plays more like a classic FPS like any of the rubbish out there.

You load up a 100 rnd LMG and a p90 and spray as much lead in the general direction of the spawning enemies.

I know Ubi said that spawning was necessary given they couldn't actually place 50 tangoes on the map at the start but yeah, this doesn't play right.

Boomeravo
02-07-2007, 06:09 PM
It was fun for a while, but then it just gets kinda repetative when you learn where they spawn and where they flank you.
Guess im just starved for maps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Realistic mode is still kinda fun, need everyone to work together, move slow and tactical..especially on killhouse http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif