PDA

View Full Version : Kill the Captain

BobSchadewald
03-21-2010, 05:58 PM
The first person interface as the U-Boat Captain is unrealistic. Sub Captains do not have to walk all over the boat and do everything themselves. Please go back to the SH3 version and just give it the SH5 graphics. You'll have a hit if you do that - OR - how about allowing the player to turn off first person play and give us the controls back.

SquonkSC
03-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by BobSchadewald:
The first person interface as the U-Boat Captain is unrealistic. Sub Captains do not have to walk all over the boat and do everything themselves. Please go back to the SH3 version and just give it the SH5 graphics. You'll have a hit if you do that - OR - how about allowing the player to turn off first person play and give us the controls back.

I guess they never saw "Das Boot".
The only times the captain leaves his post is to eat, sleep and cr*p.

He doesn't even leaves his post to check on the men fixing the leaks and dead batteries while on the bottom of the Mediterranean, let alone walking around the boat giving out orders.

I feel sorry for the devs. They must have been feeling like traitors when they compiled this piece of junk under pressure of the sales department.

I sure wish we could have that water in SHIII though.

Eoweth
03-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Nor do you have to walk throughout the sub to do things in SH5.

Learn key shortcuts, download and use new UI mods. There's very little actual running around you need to do that you won't want to do.

horribleron
03-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Yea, I surfaced the boat but the lookouts stay below. I guess its cold up there huh? Who in the hell to I need to go talk to get the lookouts out of bed and up topside looking out? Arrrrgh!

All of this would be a lot easier if they had included a decent manual. The PDF that came with this game is garbage! Simply next to useless!