PDA

View Full Version : Additional revenue for 1C €" Suggestion

effte
11-12-2004, 03:18 AM
In real life, I don€t even go off on a local flight without a map. The in-game map is a very poor substitute for actual paper maps, especially for the pacific where navigation is much more of an issue than over land.

1C, why not make a map package to go with the simulator? Colour maps with enough quality to be useful, distribute through UBI. You have the graphics available. Just outsource the printing and rely on UBI for distribution through selling online and mailing them.

Maps could be sold as singles, theatre packages or something like that.

Investigate what it would cost, all included, and poll the community about if we would buy them at the price suggested.

Or franchise the entire operation to someone willing to make a buck and pay a license fee for using the graphics.

Regards,
Fred

Heater1962
11-12-2004, 04:07 AM
Good Idea!
the maps would be very handy

Cheers

lindyman
11-12-2004, 05:15 AM
Good idea indeed. I'm even prepared to add a few bucks to get the map in a plastic coating, so that I can safely make in-flight notes on it with a grease pen.
_
/Bjorn.

jimmie_T
11-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Yeah, also, after the last patch released, why not make a "IL-2 Premire DVD pack" which needs no patch and contains everything, possibly bonus missions and skins and tracks (I think 1C made tracks are so great) and printed 300 page special detailed manual with aircraft comparison (in game!) and maps and so on, price it like US $200 or something or more for maps. I'm sure there will be buyer!

Consider seriously, like movie business is doing "extended edition" things, you can expect additional potential revenue from stuff like that. Have done the job for 3rd party for conserving 1C development resources. Like LOMAC manual (I don't have it so I don't know how good it is tho).