PDA

View Full Version : new stick

daswift12005
06-29-2007, 10:13 AM
hi all , i just bought a new stick , the logitech 3d pro force. only , the spring is pretty weak , when i fly a plane , it is to weak to center itself . !!!!! i was thinking of open it up and put a washer under the spring to tighten it up a bit .
my q is , will this work ?? couse i just spend 60 euro and at the moment i prefer my old stick !!!thanks in advance man

neural_dream
06-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Ouch. Never buy logitechs. For reasonable-priced joysticks go for Saitek. The Aviator is just fine and costs less than $40 I think. I would suggest you go ahead with what you want to do with the logitech. May work and it can't get worse.

Urufu_Shinjiro
06-29-2007, 02:54 PM
check saiteks refurbished section (I think thats available int.), you can get a Evo Force for about $30us.

Divine-Wind
06-29-2007, 02:56 PM
The only thing I kinda don't like about Saitek's stuff is that they looked ripped out of a Naboo Starfighter. But aside from that, their sticks are good, and their throttles are great. (Or the X-52's is, at least) Good bang for your buck.

papotex
06-29-2007, 03:02 PM
yeah but... wouldnt you like to have a naboo star fighter even if it has an F-16 style joy?

Divine-Wind
06-29-2007, 03:05 PM
We already have a Naboo Starfighter. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Around here it goes by the nickname of "Spitfire."

Stuntie
06-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
We already have a Naboo Starfighter. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Around here it goes by the nickname of "Spitfire."

And has an annoying whiny kid in the cockpit too...

Stuntie
06-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
The only thing I kinda don't like about Saitek's stuff is that they looked ripped out of a Naboo Starfighter. But aside from that, their sticks are good, and their throttles are great. (Or the X-52's is, at least) Good bang for your buck.

The 2007 X52 pro is back in black.
Looks much nicer. I hated the naboo one.

Need a new stick myself and am tempted by that or to splash out on the Coguar.
Either that or to finally get off my backside and rewire the twin throttle Suncom F-15 HOTAS I keep meaning to do.

Bearcat99
06-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by daswift12005:
hi all , i just bought a new stick , the logitech 3d pro force. only , the spring is pretty weak , when i fly a plane , it is to weak to center itself . !!!!! i was thinking of open it up and put a washer under the spring to tighten it up a bit .
my q is , will this work ?? couse i just spend 60 euro and at the moment i prefer my old stick !!!thanks in advance man

Pffft!! I would think that with 30 posts and the search (find)function you would have known better. NOW you post about it? Dont fret.... whatever happens in a few months of constant use the stick will die anyway and you will be buying a new one.

Rake72
06-29-2007, 04:03 PM
I've been using a Logitech Wingman Extreme for a few years now. Does the job just fine although sometimes I wonder what I might be missing with a higher end stick.

Krt_Bong
06-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Don't try to take your Logitech apart! You'll never get it all apart and what you disassemble will never go back together again! Use it for however long it lasts and save your money for the Logitech Pro and Pedals http://www.saitekusa.com/USA/prod/x52pro.htm
Ive had several Logitechs and now own a X-45 which has lasted me 4 years now and without too much in the way of problems. Not too hard to program and many here on these forums will probably help you with a decent profile set-up.

Divine-Wind
06-29-2007, 06:10 PM
If I may, I would suggest trying to find a Microsoft Forcefeed Back 2, should be at least one floating around on E-Bay. Sturdy, reliable, I've had my current one for about 7-8 years now and it's never failed me once. The only one that's crapped out on me is the one I accidentally got water on.

Taylortony
06-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by daswift12005:

As you have bought it and do not want to buy another, Yes the washer is a good idea, you may have problems fitting it though, can you not use a plastic washer, something like used in say plumbing, you could then cut through it on one side, bend it around the shaft and pop that under the spring http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

you would not need to pull it apart either if the spring is exposed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

fabianfred
06-29-2007, 09:14 PM
I've got three Logitechs... they were all great...for a year or so... now bottom-up

I tried opening mine up to see if I could see what was wrong...(it is always the main stick control which goes haywire... the rudder and throttle gave no problems)... a pain to strip but no visible damage to see

there is a German guy on ebay with about 5 Microsoft FF 2 sticks... all in good nick ...he says... wants about 50 quid each though

I just got a Trust GM-2500 stick from an ebay dealer... OK but I prefer a weaker spring.... my Logitech FF had no spring.... I'm sure the rudder control on the Trust is the opposite to the Logitech
Are Logitechs the other way around to other makes... read a review on the net and a guy said his new stick (logitech)was backwards
I've had trouble getting used to the new Trust because I thought they'd got it wrong??