PDA

View Full Version : Rocksmith update!

briphi
10-29-2011, 10:28 AM
I just got a 4MB game update patch when I launched Rocksmith this morning... wonder what they changed / fixed? Anyone know?!

koakawe
10-29-2011, 10:34 AM
I already posted this in the DLC thread.
I haven't heard what it is or noticed any differences. I presume it is preparation for DLC.

DanboCheese
10-29-2011, 01:25 PM
I did notice one thing -- the "hit start button to restart" trick to get around the 5 lives limitation in the riff repeater doesn't seem to work anymore...

koakawe
10-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by DanboCheese:
I did notice one thing -- the "hit start button to restart" trick to get around the 5 lives limitation in the riff repeater doesn't seem to work anymore...
Great!

So much for updates improving the game...

briphi
10-29-2011, 01:50 PM
They nerf the riff repeater even more with this update?! What are they smokin!

GimbalLock
10-29-2011, 03:00 PM
the Update removed the "Tone Designer Pack" from the DLC window so i'm sure the patch was for the DLC thats coming.

IndienStrummer
10-29-2011, 03:16 PM
I just updated and the riff repeater works the same as it did before. Maybe you're confusing the leveler with free speed. In the leveler you've always had to pause and restart before you lose a life. Restarting in the leveler will never restore all 5 lives, it will only prevent you from losing a life. Free Speed is the only place you can restart and restore all 5 of your lives.

Rocksmith-God
10-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Has any one with a PS3 gotten the update yet?

Kitlerc
10-29-2011, 05:17 PM
From what I hear it fixes issues with "Harmonics" and gets the playback for songs back on sync.

DavidLochhead
10-29-2011, 07:54 PM
If they are going to remove the five lives from the Riff repeater of course they will have to remove the reset object from the code first. Coding does take cleanup people.

Reavon36
10-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Rocksmith-God:
Has any one with a PS3 gotten the update yet?

No, No PS3 update was done when I started playing about 20 mins ago.

DanboCheese
10-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Well, maybe I was confused; I'll have to check it out again. I actually found after a while today that I don't mind the 5 lives thing all *that* much. A system where you do leveler until you fail, then do slowdown, and then if that fails, free notes, then back to leveler again, works very well to move you quickly to 100% level, 100% speed. What I would really want to change is that when you *do* get to 100%/100% it should let you repeat indefinitely to burn it in, and also if you fail on one of the riff repeaters, you should be able to immediately switch to another one with no retuning or load screens/navigating through three levels of menus, etc. Of course, removing the 5 lives would be great, too, but the above annoys me even more.

Pancho X1
10-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Kitlerc:
From what I hear it fixes issues with "Harmonics" and gets the playback for songs back on sync.

Where did you hear this from?

I would think that it would have more to do with a fix of the freezing issues.

Kitlerc
10-30-2011, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by PanchoX1:

Where did you hear this from?

I would think that it would have more to do with a fix of the freezing issues. On twitter from The Hero Feed. Also, I think I remember Ubisoft saying there would be a day one patch to fix harmonics (kinda late eh?)

SledHeadJed
10-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Have an Xbox 360. Launched Rocksmith for the first time last night and it says I have an error, but gives no error code. Graphics have changed, all other games still play, but not Rocksmith. It says I need an update, but I did that (MANY times!) and restart (MANY times!) Removed hard drive and other games load fine. It's like it's not compatible. Anyone else have an issue with it?

koakawe
10-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by GimbalLock:
the Update removed the "Tone Designer Pack" from the DLC window so i'm sure the patch was for the DLC thats coming.
I still have the TD pack option after updating yesterday morning.

smoke31647
10-30-2011, 11:56 PM
i notice u have to be logged in to play Freebird anyone else notice this
This is for the Ps3 i got the song from pre-ordering the game
after u turn the ps3 off than go back on without logging in u dont have the song, but u get it back after logging in again

DanboCheese
10-31-2011, 01:02 AM
I've noticed that when you click on the online store icon that leads to the "Tone Designer Pack", sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't. I think it's a network timeout or something. Anyway, the update doesn't seem to have affected that, nor did it affect the riff repeater like I had originally thought.

slacker_spoo
10-31-2011, 09:37 AM
We are having the same problem as SledHeadJed. It will not recognize the disk. Did an update and then it didnt work.

slacker_spoo
10-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Called xbox to get it all sorted out, go into system settings, high light memory and press Y, clear cache. We have to do the download again, but it worked and loaded the game fine.

Ginsu48
11-29-2011, 07:30 AM
yea im not seeing any changes, i was hoping so hard that they got rid of the lives, but its just the same, oh well, its still a great game

JKSonic
11-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Maybe it's just my imagination but it seemed like my lag got a little bit better today, not fixed by any means but better...

kittendaddy2
11-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Is there any kind of ETA a Rocksmith community manager type can give on the lives thing?

There's a backlog of songs that I've just stopped trying to proceed on until this is fixed because I find it more frustrating than fun, and I really do want to learn them, but I refuse to under the current mechanics, so instead I'm half-assing a lot of the easier parts of songs and getting a lot of things to 80-90% when what I want to do is learn the whole song/solo.

Really love this game, and really want to dive into the DLC, but a Megadeth song would be totally pointless for me to get when there's no way the game would aid my learning it beyond the basic chords/rhythm structure.

Ravncat
02-06-2012, 02:33 AM
There have been two changes that I have seen so far - If you go into a song and go to riff repeater and leveler , im getting 30 lives now. However I only see five lives in the "rocksmith recommends" section

Also - I see a timing/counter with a flash to sound in the setup for display lag correction now, where there was nothing before.

Steel_Nirvana
02-06-2012, 04:17 AM
Live! Live! Liiiiive!

RonMax
02-06-2012, 02:25 PM
There have been two changes that I have seen so far - If you go into a song and go to riff repeater and leveler , im getting 30 lives now. However I only see five lives in the "rocksmith recommends" section

Man, I would have laughed to see Rocksmith "recommending" 100 lives just for Don't Fear The Reaper verse after trying to burn that in all weekend! I finally found a use for Free Speed...

Black_Widow9
02-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Is there any kind of ETA a Rocksmith community manager type can give on the lives thing?

If you check here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/658394-Official-Rocksmith-Patch-Notes-2-1-2012), you know have 30 lives. If you are having problems with the Update please check the Note at the bottom of the OP.
Thanks ;)