PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever see this happen?

Cworth
04-13-2005, 07:21 PM
I went started my first career campaign and I ran across a small cargo ship.

I fired a torpedo at it and the torpedo hit right in the rear on the rudder/prop area.The ship started to sink at the rear but stayed afloat.I used the freee cam view to get a close up of it and I saw that I had blown the props off the ship and the rudder was stuck turned to port.Yet the ships engines were chugging away and it was not slowing down any and still going in a straight line.And continued to do so for some time before I finally sank it.

Anyone else ever experience this.

Cworth
04-13-2005, 07:21 PM
I went started my first career campaign and I ran across a small cargo ship.

I fired a torpedo at it and the torpedo hit right in the rear on the rudder/prop area.The ship started to sink at the rear but stayed afloat.I used the freee cam view to get a close up of it and I saw that I had blown the props off the ship and the rudder was stuck turned to port.Yet the ships engines were chugging away and it was not slowing down any and still going in a straight line.And continued to do so for some time before I finally sank it.

Anyone else ever experience this.

Tyke909
04-13-2005, 07:28 PM
I put 2 tops into a T3 tanker it was chugging along at 2 knotts with a 45 degree list to starboard and on fire fore and aft, since they were my last 2 torps I followed it for almost 2 game days.
Never showed any sign of sinking despite the heavy seas breaking over the control deck.
Sometimes they just won't sink and others drop like a rock with a shot I expect to bounce off or just remove the barnacles from the hull with the bang.

BaneSixEcho
04-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Every time I've checked on a ship I've sunk their engines have been running strong even though it was completely submerged/sitting on the bottom.

The few times I've blasted the prop off a ship they've eventually coasted to a complete stop. I've got a screenshot of me hiding from a destroyer under one that was dead in the water.

Based on what I've experienced in the game your situation is quite odd.

Cworth
04-13-2005, 10:32 PM
I thought it was rather oddd.

What made it even funnier is that the water was still churning behind the ship like the props were still there.

headhunterz1983
04-13-2005, 11:57 PM
R U Sure u need 3 torps to sink a t3 tanker? i thought tankers are relatively easy to sink... just one torp is enough...aim fro the middle slightly more to the bridge. are ur torps duds?