PDA

View Full Version : New flyable planes?

tom4sim2005
02-12-2006, 03:52 AM
Thank you for all help regarding my "sound problems" - IT HELPED.
Anyone working with flyable; He-177, Arado-234, Arado-196, flyingboats etc ?
Or perhabs a fully working photorec-plane.
It would be nice with resque- and subattack operations (missions / campaignes)!
I love this game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Hoatee
02-12-2006, 01:11 PM
You have a zero flyingboat.

Nimits
02-12-2006, 07:49 PM
The game is sorely lacking in seaplanes, at least for the PTO. The IJN was probably the most seaplane-dependent aviation force in the world, and some recon floatplanes such as the F1M Pete, E8N Dave, and E13A Jake were almost as ubiquitous as the A6M2 in the first 18 months of the war. But unfortunately all we get in that line is an A6M2-N; it's nice, but it's on of the less common float planes in the IJN.

The ETO is a little better off. The Germans have the AR-196 and Ju-52/3m, and the Russians have the MBR-2 and PBN-1. Not comprehensive by any means, but then seaplane ops were alot less common in the ETO and Eastern Front (for obvious reasons), confined mostly to the Crimea, Gulf of Finland, and the Norwegian coast.

Hoatee
02-13-2006, 04:20 AM
My preference would be for flyable boats in SHIII.

Nimits
02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Now methinks you're just being ridiculous.

Hoatee
02-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Why? It would be really nice to be able to fly a Sunderland and/or Catalina against a U-Boat. It's only ridiculous in the sense that it won't be done.

lairdperkins
02-14-2006, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Recon varients of existing fighters.

I think it would be a lot of fun to be able to fly recon missions as part of a campaign. For instance, mission one has you flying a camera p-38 over an airfield and factory complex... then in mission two, you get to fly top cover for a B-17 raid on the same complex...

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how pictures were taken? I've seen photos of the wide angle cameras and the loooong rolls of film... but I've never actually seen the site, etc, the pilot used to determine what his camera was pointed at.

Nimits
02-14-2006, 04:57 PM
You said "flyable boats," not "flyable flying boats," Hoatee I though you meant you wanted flyable submarines . . .