PDA

View Full Version : Any info on time skip/Fast foward/Warp feature?

Da11en47
10-23-2004, 12:48 AM
I heard that some type of feature such as "warp" in CFC3 was implemented in to PF. Anyone...Anyone...?

Da11en47
10-23-2004, 12:48 AM
I heard that some type of feature such as "warp" in CFC3 was implemented in to PF. Anyone...Anyone...?

Tully__
10-23-2004, 01:12 AM
From another post:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Time Skip: This feature allows players to quickly transfer between mission waypoints in cases when flying normally would take too long. When using this feature the 3D render is completely turned off, and only the in-game clock is shown in the bottom left corner of your screen. During time skip the game does fully model all normal AI aspects, such as fuel consumption, pathfinding, etc. In other words, all game processes run as usual, only in accelerated time.
Please note that this feature heavily relies on your machine's processing power, and its general speed will depend on your hardware specs and the number of AI aircraft and other objects in the mission.
No key is assigned to this feature by default. You will need to bind one in the Controls section of the game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haele
10-23-2004, 04:14 AM
It isn't really analagous to a "warp" like in CFS3 (which is much needed), it is simply a timeksip method that disables 3d render, and shows you a black screen until the next waypoint. I believe it is *slightly* faster than 8x time skip.

Tully__
10-23-2004, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haele:
...I believe it is *slightly* faster than 8x time skip... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much faster will depend on you CPU speed and number of AI objects (ground and air) in the mission. Slow CPU will give slow acceration, fast CPU will give maybe as much as 20x acceration.... I don't have PF yet so I can't test.

BuzzU
10-23-2004, 12:02 PM
I'd rather use 8x than look at a black screen.