PDA

View Full Version : Will the NEXT GAME AFTER BROTHERHOOD still be ITALY AND EZIO?

StarGlitter
06-30-2010, 04:28 AM
Ubisoft Montreal and other Ubisoft teams put in a lot of effort and research into building the open environment of Italy, They had to carefully design the story, the cities, the buildings and ground and grass and the characters.

The reason Assassin Brotherhood is still set in Italy was because Ubisoft had put so much effort building Italy that it would be such a waste if they started the next game with a different assassin and a different country.

I would not be surprised if Ubisoft's THIRD Assassin's Creed installment would still be in Italy but if it is, i want to see more different scenarios like how the game Red Dead Redemption had many so many various different scenarios. I also would like a longer game playing time. Red Dead Redemption takes about 30 hours to complete whereas Assassins Creed 2 takes about more than 20 hours or around 22-24 hours. I would also like more weapons and more features and a better reward system. I also would like to play as another assassin other than Ezio in one scenario.

Where do you think the next installment after Assassin Creed: Brotherhood would be set? Where do you WANT it to be set?

Italy or elsewhere?

Personally, i don't mind seeing Ezio again. Maybe Ezio can journey to another country in the third instalment.

martinimarts11
06-30-2010, 04:42 AM
im pretty sure it wont be in italy
im pretty sure it will be basede in 2012 because thats what the 2 first games were abouot a lot.
REALLY dont like the idea of ezio traveling http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif :P

Ru1986
06-30-2010, 04:50 AM
I would love it to be Italy again. It wont be but i would love it to be.

turbotibo
06-30-2010, 05:04 AM
I hope it will be in The Netherlands, during the 'Golden Age'. The period between 1588 and 1672 has a lot to offer and has never been in a game before. It would be a very interesting theme, because a lot happened during that period in Holland. It was the age of the Dutch Masters, the VOC, the independence war against the Spanish empire, Political clashes, colonization, the flourishing economy, culture, science and military power. And many more. I bet there could be a great story possible. It even sounds logical, we came from Italy, the hegemonic country of the Renaissance, followed by a Dutch hegemonical time. Please Ubisoft, think about it! Hopefully, this information can be used in the process. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ru1986
06-30-2010, 05:23 AM
turbotibo - you paint a very interesting picture it sounds like a very interesting period. Seeing as i love the dutch and everything about Holland (everytime i have been there its been great) i agree i think it would be brilliant period to cover.

El_Sjietah
06-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Only issue is that nothing world changing took place in Holland. Colonisation of the Americas, Africa and South-East Asia all happened abroad.

Ru1986
06-30-2010, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Only issue is that nothing world changing took place in Holland. Colonisation of the Americas, Africa and South-East Asia all happened abroad.

We would still have the art Element wouldnt we? Rembrant, Van gough and the like aroound that time correct me if i am wrong here Itallian History is my strong suit not Dutch lol

El_Sjietah
06-30-2010, 05:51 AM
Heh, in perfect Dutch tradition I'm not an expert on our history either, but I think you're right about that.

Ru1986
06-30-2010, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Heh, in perfect Dutch tradition I'm not an expert on our history either, but I think you're right about that.

LOL bit like me with ours mate. as i hae said before our history i find sooo dull in comparriosn to others im sure yours wwill be more entertaining.

josh121
06-30-2010, 06:11 AM
it will not be set in italy unless it will be another exoansion on ezio, Ubisoft clearly stated that when assassins creed3 came out it would be in a different time ere/place and a new assassins. Thats why Assassins creed Brotherhood is not called AC3

EzioAssassin51
06-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by StarGlitter:
Ubisoft Montreal and other Ubisoft teams put in a lot of effort and research into building the open environment of Italy, They had to carefully design the story, the cities, the buildings and ground and grass and the characters.

The reason Assassin Brotherhood is still set in Italy was because Ubisoft had put so much effort building Italy that it would be such a waste if they started the next game with a different assassin and a different country.

I would not be surprised if Ubisoft's THIRD Assassin's Creed installment would still be in Italy but if it is, i want to see more different scenarios like how the game Red Dead Redemption had many so many various different scenarios. I also would like a longer game playing time. Red Dead Redemption takes about 30 hours to complete whereas Assassins Creed 2 takes about more than 20 hours or around 22-24 hours. I would also like more weapons and more features and a better reward system. I also would like to play as another assassin other than Ezio in one scenario.

Where do you think the next installment after Assassin Creed: Brotherhood would be set? Where do you WANT it to be set?

Italy or elsewhere?

Personally, i don't mind seeing Ezio again. Maybe Ezio can journey to another country in the third instalment.

The actual reason they set it in Italy again is because they had Ezio and because they felt Rome would be big enough to have an entire game in it!

But i doubt it will be in Italy. And if the third is then i pray they do something new like the southern cities or Northern cities othey than the ones used!

And apparantly RDR takes only about 20 hours and AC2 has many different sceneries throughout italy!

rob.davies2014
06-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Victorian London ftw!

Fairus60
06-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Enough of Ezio for me, I want Altair back!! but I expect AC3 to be in Victorian London, circa Jack the Ripper, or at least I hope it to be that way

EzioAssassin51
06-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Fairus60:
Enough of Ezio for me, I want Altair back!! but I expect AC3 to be in Victorian London, circa Jack the Ripper, or at least I hope it to be that way

Then go play AC1!

I feel that playing as Altair again wouldn't give us much more seeing as it's not like Ezio, with another city big enough to fuel another 15 - 20 hour game!

Fairus60
06-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:

Then go play AC1!

I feel that playing as Altair again wouldn't give us much more seeing as it's not like Ezio, with another city big enough to fuel another 15 - 20 hour game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe you misunderstood me. I want another Altair game featuring all the cool stuff from AC2 and ACB, but not as AC3, but as a spin off. For Ac3 Id like to seen Victorian era London. And as of Ezio, I believe the character is being overexploited. I mean, he is in AC2, he will be in Brotherhood and he is in 2 DS games ( the second one being Lost Legacy) I think its time to leave him in peace for a while. His story is pretty much cleared up an seemingly up to an end in Brotherhood. Altair deserves at least one more game in Ps3/360, since he is only in AC1 and got only 2 crappy portable games. Maybe ubi can do this after AC3, if they dont overexploit the 3rd assassins of course, but Id really like to see this happen. They should be more equilibrated with their ancestors instead of overexploiting one to overexploit the next one. Hope you got my point

SchwiftyCrooze
06-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Im not completely sure what I want, I just hope that it is not in the Americas because I enjoy the whole European experience and I believe there is soooo much more they could cover in Europe. I don't really care for a Japanese setting either, the whole idea of a ninja isnt very appealing to me. Actually I think a game in maybe Russia or England would be nice. And I hope they don't start to include guns and weapons of that sort I believe that would totally ruin the series.

Ru1986
07-01-2010, 02:07 AM
Why do people onhere want to see Victorian England that is the worst period of history ever (bar the tudors maybe) i would fall asleep for sure. If the game has anything to do with English History i wont buy it Ubi dont fall into the trap British history maybe extensive and long but its dull the Victorians just made nice clothes not allot happend in the UK during that time. Abroad we were taking over the world but at home twas a boring time. O wait its England its always boring.

EzioAssassin51
07-01-2010, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Fairus60:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:

Then go play AC1!

I feel that playing as Altair again wouldn't give us much more seeing as it's not like Ezio, with another city big enough to fuel another 15 - 20 hour game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe you misunderstood me. I want another Altair game featuring all the cool stuff from AC2 and ACB, but not as AC3, but as a spin off. For Ac3 Id like to seen Victorian era London. And as of Ezio, I believe the character is being overexploited. I mean, he is in AC2, he will be in Brotherhood and he is in 2 DS games ( the second one being Lost Legacy) I think its time to leave him in peace for a while. His story is pretty much cleared up an seemingly up to an end in Brotherhood. Altair deserves at least one more game in Ps3/360, since he is only in AC1 and got only 2 crappy portable games. Maybe ubi can do this after AC3, if they dont overexploit the 3rd assassins of course, but Id really like to see this happen. They should be more equilibrated with their ancestors instead of overexploiting one to overexploit the next one. Hope you got my point </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alatir has about 3 or 4 games you know! I hope they don't have him again! i wouldn't mind if they had little sections (like in AC2) or if we played as many ancestors i wouldn't mind if he was one!

Ru1986
07-01-2010, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by nickster21:
Im not completely sure what I want, I just hope that it is not in the Americas because I enjoy the whole European experience and I believe there is soooo much more they could cover in Europe. I don't really care for a Japanese setting either, the whole idea of a ninja isnt very appealing to me. Actually I think a game in maybe Russia or England would be nice. And I hope they don't start to include guns and weapons of that sort I believe that would totally ruin the series.

I think Europe is good and i agree with oyu about the Americas theres very littlehistory there anyway tbh. Anywere in Europe bar UK would be good im sick of UK history the characters involved are just not as exciting as the rest of Europ Ancient Egypt FTW.

Fairus60
07-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

Then go play AC1!

I believe you misunderstood me. I want another Altair game featuring all the cool stuff from AC2 and ACB, but not as AC3, but as a spin off. For Ac3 Id like to seen Victorian era London. And as of Ezio, I believe the character is being overexploited. I mean, he is in AC2, he will be in Brotherhood and he is in 2 DS games ( the second one being Lost Legacy) I think its time to leave him in peace for a while. His story is pretty much cleared up an seemingly up to an end in Brotherhood. Altair deserves at least one more game in Ps3/360, since he is only in AC1 and got only 2 crappy portable games. Maybe ubi can do this after AC3, if they dont overexploit the 3rd assassins of course, but Id really like to see this happen. They should be more equilibrated with their ancestors instead of overexploiting one to overexploit the next one. Hope you got my point </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alatir has about 3 or 4 games you know! I hope they don't have him again! i wouldn't mind if they had little sections (like in AC2) or if we played as many ancestors i wouldn't mind if he was one! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Heck I believe you didnt get it. Well he only has AC1 (which, should I remind you, MADE MOST OF US ALL HERE LOVE THE ASSASSINS CREED FRANCHISE), Altair`s Chronicles (which sucked) and Bloodlines (which sucked too). I mean just one spin off on ps3 featuring Altair with all cool stuff from AC2 and Im done with the guy...but in the end, thats just what I want, ok?
Getting back on topic Id hate REALLY if we go to Japan. It feels quite overused by other games and the ninja theme is no longer original.

ILLusioNaire
07-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Here's what I want:

New Era(s)

New Setting(s)

New Ancestor and/or Desmond

Altair is done [although I like him more than Ezio and would like to play with him again in a spin-off, he is basically done as we know it]. Ezio is done [hopefully he is done after Brotherhood]. If they make another game with Ezio after Brotherhood I'm gonna pull my hair out. I think after this it's time to move on to another ancestor. This will keep things fresh and interesting.

greekassassin1
07-01-2010, 12:23 PM
i think Egypt would be a really cool place!or even Greece http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TroublesomeRap
07-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I would love it to be in Italy, but I know it's not going to be. I have a feeling that Ubisoft has a surprise up their sleeve for it.

Fairus60
07-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:
Here's what I want:

New Era(s)

New Setting(s)

New Ancestor and/or Desmond

Altair is done [although I like him more than Ezio and would like to play with him again in a spin-off, he is basically done as we know it]. Ezio is done [hopefully he is done after Brotherhood]. If they make another game with Ezio after Brotherhood I'm gonna pull my hair out. I think after this it's time to move on to another ancestor. This will keep things fresh and interesting.
Agreed, but imagine a sequence in AC3 where we get to see some sort of flashback to both Ezio and Altair. Something like, Desmond is fighting the ultimate bad guy and then the screen flashes to return to the scene of Altair vs Al Mualim. Then we go back to Desmondą fight and the another flash, switching to Ezio vs Rodrigo Borgia or Cesare, depending on which fight is more epic XD. then back to Desmond and then another flash to the final battle of the 3rd assassin (even though this last flash woul probably **** off some, as I believe it would have been right before desmonds battle). I like the idea, but what do you think?

ILLusioNaire
07-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I like the idea of flashing back to Altair and Ezio, but we already played through their "boss battles". It would also be cool if Desmond flashed back to his other ancestors, and you would have to pull a quick mini-mission, kinda like with his flashback in AC2 with Altair except that there'd actually be fighting.

montagemik
07-02-2010, 04:03 AM
next game Ezio & Italy = NO not for me.What i would like next...
As a different approach , How about England & somehow have Des meet 'Mr Newton' the Genius scientist with a thing for Apples & connections with free masons.(it's the right time period)

Personally with the new weapons,characters & techniques introduced in AC2 & upcoming AC Brotherhood, I really do see a far east influence coming in the 'real' 3rd game.
The historical westernisation of Imperial Japan maybe ?,AC now has medicines guns,grenades, fans,bows/crossbows, poisons,poison darts,claws,spears,gliders, body search& hide,smoke bombs,causing distractions,armour & disguises.
If we had a grappling hook we'd have every feature from TENCHU series already.

The templar brotherhood will likely begin to infiltrate the Assassins guild & hunt them down.
(Many believe the templars historically infiltrated the masons )
I still say the mountain in 'the Truth' video is Mt FUJI & adam & eve look oriental to me.

Far east /Japan must play some role in the whole AC story.
A game involving a history of Assassin's but no ninja influence seems wrong.
Japan would also have lots of myth,legends & factions to work around & again in fitting with current game timelines, phasing out of samurai & ninja in japan could = Templars hunt the assassin's guild .
Desmonds Ancestor has to go to japan & collect vital info/P.O.E as Templars close in Ending in modern day Tokyo with Desmond .
(popular or not Japan is a possibility & missed opportunity if not used.)

As for more Ezio - i wouldn't mind but please just as DLC for AC Brotherhood not another disc & they could allow for this now while coding AC Brotherhood.
Loads more for Ezio Using the cities already made as a base Rockstar did it with GTA IV, the next Main game should be AC 3.
(Then the Movies please)

AC3: Assassin's Free - AC4: Assassin's Force

Black_Widow9
07-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Please post this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868/p/1)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>