PDA

View Full Version : AC II DX9

Edengoth
07-30-2009, 12:22 AM
Surprisingly, I haven't seen a thread along these lines anywhere. Does anyone know if AC II for PC will come with the choice of DX9 or DX10 like the first AC did?
Because my graphics card sucketh greatly at DX10, so I always play AC 1 in DX9, where I can turn up most of the settings.
Or is DX9 history for the AC franchise?

AetosEagle
07-30-2009, 08:28 AM
You should try looking at the pre-order from, see if it's compatible. If it doesn't say there, try emailing support team? (If there is one)

Grandmaster_Z
07-30-2009, 09:04 AM
are you stupid? of course it will run in dx9.

AetosEagle
07-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:

Calm down stressed***.

Edengoth
07-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:

For wondering whether there is no more support for two operating systems ago? Just call me smacky mc******pants! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

You never know these days, what with a lot of developers more concerned about keeping up with the technology than with what people are actually using.

MeAltairLol
07-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
You never know these days, what with a lot of developers more concerned about keeping up with the technology than with what people are actually using.

That's probably among the greatest quotes about gaming now, imo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
07-30-2009, 11:44 AM
actuay DX10 isnt just about the OS it's also about the hardware, so alot of PC's could upgrade to vista and they still couldnt get DX10. like the transision between DX8 and DX9 it will take a long time before DX10 becomes standard and that will be a time when they are classing the geforce 8 cards as the base line for gaming.

Edengoth
07-30-2009, 11:49 AM
That's a relief, let me tell ya. I'd hate to get ACII and then have to play it will all the settings turned down just to get a functional framerate. People can go on about graphics being no big deal all they want, but play Assassin's Creed with all the secondary characters looking like they have crippling swelling diseases of the skin and three giant fingers, and it hurls you out of the experience like a catapult that just took a huge dose of epicac.