PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm never bored here...

p-11.cAce
08-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Left the office yesterday a bit early and raced home - gives me an hour to walk the dogs and get in abit of flying before the "better half" gets home. Walked the dogs, grabbed a beer, and then - headset, check; TIR, tracking; hyperlobby, loading; 334th ded, mission loading----hopped into a D-5 Stuka and was soon climbing out to the NW of our rear base. I checked the map and took a heading for a quiet remote corner in which to climb to altitude. Glancing of to my left I could see the tracers of a far off fight - hopefully some of our boys would be around to pick me up on the way back out! Check the gages again - cr@p - been climbing to slow and the heats up...crank open the radiator and drop the nose abit...temps start to come down but still a way to go. Passing through 2800M I switch the supercharger to 2nd stage, close down the radiator, and take a heading to pass far enough to the North of the enemy bases to (hopefully) remain unseen. I level off at 3500M and pick up some speed, make a few clearing turns to check for any company, and review my plan - swing around to the west, behind the rear enemy base and with the sun at my back, dive on whatever is there, then tuck my tail and race off back to the North - hopefully leaving behind some smoldering wreckage and confused defenders. I double check my Stuvi - release at 800M and 750kph - and turn onto the run in to the target. Quick check of the gauges then toss the prop to 100% and start scanning for fighters. There are a few dots off to the East, some tracers to the South, but nothing close by. I know I'm not likely to be spotted from ahead but anyone above and behind me is lost to my eyes in the same glare I'm hiding in. The enemy base rolls into view through my floor window and I spot some juicy bombers sitting on the south apron. I pass over them...count a few seconds...then throttle back while rolling inverted. Looking up I spot the bombers and kick out the boards while pulling the nose through and feeding in some rudder so I'll pull out on a north heading. The krawatte slides right onto the bombers and I wince as tracers race up to greet my arrival. I make a few quick corrections and pickle off the bombs a moment after the horn blares. I tuck in the boards and let the speed build through a slow pullout - I want to be low and fast! I glance back both to confirm the Enemy Aircraft Destroyed message and get a visual on whatever my backseater is firing at. Unbelievably I spot one of my fellow airmen pouncing on a lone spit following me out of the target area. I stay low for a bit, watch the spit go down in flames and my new best friend take high cover station above me - then throttle back, crank open the radiator, and navigate back home - staying well clear of any action. Soon my home field comes into view and the usual routine begins - drop to pattern altitude, check for fighters, hit the lights, and soon my wheels are rumbling over the freshly mown grass. Pull off to the last apron and shut her down in time to put away the sticks before the gf rolls in the driveway - NEVER thought I'd survive in a Stuka in an icon server!! Stayed in the pit the whole time and thanks to 334th proxvimis for the coverage and timing - really how can you ever be bored????

Woof603
08-25-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm entertained just reading this. Thanks.

FoolTrottel
08-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Nice job on the approach! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
And the finish!

That's how I usually try http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif to behave on a DF server... Lone Wolf, trying to remain unnoticed... deliver the load... RTB ...

Good Job! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Divine-Wind
08-25-2006, 04:05 PM
In my case, delivering the load means bringing back my crate. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif I'm lucky if I can even get within sight of my airfield again (granted I remember which one it is...)

p-11.cAce
08-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Strange - I wrote this because I thought the server was great and now I'm getting insta-kicked from it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

general_kalle
08-26-2006, 02:19 AM
ur too good they dont want you.

nah im sorry to Ô┬┤hear that

Xiolablu3
08-26-2006, 04:30 AM
Great story!

Has 334th changed to have realistic misson scenarios now?!? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It was just fighter furballs when i used to play on it when I first started.

Definitely a good move IMO if so.

Monty_Thrud
08-26-2006, 05:05 AM
DOOOOD!...please stuff a paragraph in, every now and then...TA!

Xiolablu3
08-26-2006, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Monty_Thrud:
DOOOOD!...please stuff a paragraph in, every now and then...TA!

Sorry to say, but I agree with Monty.

How you have written it makes it a very tough and tiring read http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

When you start a topic about a new part of the fight, indent the first line a couple of places. Like this :-

Left the office yesterday a bit early and raced home - gives me an hour to walk the dogs and get in abit of flying before the "better half" gets home.

Walked the dogs, grabbed a beer, and then - headset, check; TIR, tracking; hyperlobby, loading; 334th ded, mission loading----hopped into a D-5 Stuka and was soon climbing out to the NW of our rear base.

I checked the map and took a heading for a quiet remote corner in which to climb to altitude. Glancing of to my left I could see the tracers of a far off fight - hopefully some of our boys would be around to pick me up on the way back out! Check the gages again - cr@p - been climbing to slow and the heats up...crank open the radiator and drop the nose abit...temps start to come down but still a way to go.

Passing through 2800M I switch the supercharger to 2nd stage, close down the radiator, and take a heading to pass far enough to the North of the enemy bases to (hopefully) remain unseen.

Hope this helps you a bit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif For some reason it wont let me intend each paragraph a couple of spaces, it puts it back to the far left when I submit the post, but oyu get the idea.

It makes it a much less tiring read.

I should have been an English teacher....hmmm naaa

JtD
08-26-2006, 06:24 AM
334th still is just big furballs. They inserted some targets around the airfields, which appear to attract quite a few people.

I think bomber pilots are better off with mission based scenarios on other servers.

Xiolablu3
08-26-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by JtD:
334th still is just big furballs. They inserted some targets around the airfields, which appear to attract quite a few people.

I think bomber pilots are better off with mission based scenarios on other servers.

Thx for the info. When P11 ace talked about flying a Stuka, I thought it had been changed.

Dont get me wrong, I used to love the server when I first started. And its great if you just want a Airquake blastathon.

However now I think it is only good for one type of plane. The late war close in dogfighters like the La7/Spitfire 25lbs/Yak3P/Bf109K4.

Take any other plane and you are going to be at a compromise.

More realistic miniwar servers show off the other planes qualities much better, pls you get to use planes from every year.

The P38/Tempest/FW190/IL2/P51/Me110 are amazing planes in the more realistic Mini-war servers for example, but if you try and use them for close in-dogfighting, then you are not going to see their qualities at all.

I also dont like the fact that people fight over kills, its not unusual to see 4 or 5 planes chasing one enemy. I hate that, it teaches very bad flying. Teamates should get used to covering the shooter from above, as its very likely another enemy is being called for help.

JtD
08-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Well, they got some mid war maps as well and given the fact you hardly ever see someone higher than 2000 meters, the FW used as B'n'Z aircraft is the king of the hill. You can also score decently in the P-51. Soviet rides are a rather poor choice, Spit is ok and so is the 109.

There are a few good things about 5 people chasing one plane. If the cahsed one is on your side, you can score 5 kills in half a minute by blasting the 5 off his 6. They usually suffer from target fixation and will only break off when their airplane falls apart. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BaronUnderpants
08-26-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JtD:

Thx for the info. When P11 ace talked about flying a Stuka, I thought it had been changed.

Dont get me wrong, I used to love the server when I first started. And its great if you just want a Airquake blastathon.

However now I think it is only good for one type of plane. The late war close in dogfighters like the La7/Spitfire 25lbs/Yak3P/Bf109K4.

More realistic miniwar servers show off the other planes qualities much better, pls you get to use planes from every year.

The P38/Tempest/FW190/IL2/P51/Me110 are amazing planes in the more realistic Mini-war servers for example, but if you try and use them for close in-dogfighting, then you are not going to see their qualities at all.

I also dont like the fact that people fight over kills, its not unusual to see 4 or 5 planes chasing one enemy. I hate that, it teaches very bad flying. Teamates should get used to covering the shooter from above, as its very likely another enemy is being called for help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as DF servers goes, 334:th is one of the better ones. Good rotation of maps, different planesets, not just late war, fair amount of both low level DF`s and more "experianced" high level DF`s ( 3000 m counts as high in a DF server ). Good amount of different squad members flying in packs or teaming up with loners a.i teamwork. Granted, mostly fighter vs fighter, but when i comes to lack of teamwork, killstealing and stale cenarios i can think of at least one other big public server thats a 100 times worse.

Oh, p-11cAce, are u sure u dont get instant connection related kicks? Highly doubt uv been banned just like that.

VW-IceFire
08-26-2006, 08:42 AM
3000m as high is hilarious in a dogfight server...but I know what everyone means. Its a great time dropping bombs on their base from up there and so forth.

I once took at Ta-152H and took it upto 7000m. I attracted some attention with my contrails so they started to climb...and thats when my booming and zooming began http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

p-11.cAce
08-26-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm sure the kicks are connection related...just was weird 'cause I've never had that issue with their server before. I really like flying there - just wish more people used TS. I'm downloading Pe-2 today so looking fwd to flying on the full real servers - think a bomber boy might have a better chance http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Xiolablu3
08-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by BaronUnderpants:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JtD:

I also dont like the fact that people fight over kills, its not unusual to see 4 or 5 planes chasing one enemy. I hate that, it teaches very bad flying. Teamates should get used to covering the shooter from above, as its very likely another enemy is being called for help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as DF servers goes, 334:th is one of the better ones. Good rotation of maps, different planesets, not just late war, fair amount of both low level DF`s and more "experianced" high level DF`s ( 3000 m counts as high in a DF server ). Good amount of different squad members flying in packs or teaming up with loners a.i teamwork. Granted, mostly fighter vs fighter, but when i comes to lack of teamwork, killstealing and stale cenarios i can think of at least one other big public server thats a 100 times worse.

Oh, p-11cAce, are u sure u dont get instant connection related kicks? Highly doubt uv been banned just like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SOrry, I just read back my post and it sounds like a slating of the 334ths server, when actually I was talking about ALL dogfight server. (I also know the one you mean which is 100 times worse)

I didnt mean it t sound like that, I was talking about dogfight servers in general, not just 334th.

The regulars there were very friendly and accomadationg when i used to fly there, and I used to have great fun.

BaronUnderpants
08-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BaronUnderpants:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:

Oh, p-11cAce, are u sure u dont get instant connection related kicks? Highly doubt uv been banned just like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SOrry, I just read back my post and it sounds like a slating of the 334ths server, when actually I was talking about ALL dogfight server. (I also know the one you mean which is 100 times worse)

I didnt mean it t sound like that, I was talking about dogfight servers in general, not just 334th.

The regulars there were very friendly and accomadationg when i used to fly there, and I used to have great fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Np, i understood that u meant Df servers in general. Unfortunatly your points are more or less true, and if there where more focus on teamwork, fair play, following the very few rules there is ( wich does happen from time to time ) and so on a lot more people would play thoose "noob" WW servers just for the fun of it.

On the other hand, when u do come a cross one of thoose good sessions u appreciate it all the more.