PDA

View Full Version : Is it Pacific Fighter develop for AMD 64 or works with it?

Bucher1972
12-10-2004, 11:48 AM
I saw that in the pc game box thare is a symbol of AMD 64.
Is the game develop for amd 64, or just means that works with amd 64?
Do something to the game if you have amd 64?

Steven190
12-10-2004, 12:01 PM
I have a AMD 64 and it works great. I don't think that it makes much difference on the cpu type. It is just advertising more than likely.

Fliger747
12-10-2004, 12:23 PM
I recently built up an upgrade for my machine with the AMD64 chip and have had very good results with both this and other applications.

As always, video and memory are important ingredients.

NerdConnected
12-10-2004, 12:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bucher1972:
Do something to the game if you have amd 64? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'be have not been able to install it on XP64 build 1218. Il2 FB with AEP runs fine, but when I merge it with PF the game won't start. So I guess, it's optimized for sse (and maybe 3dnow), but not for XP64....

Mark.

LEXX_Luthor
12-10-2004, 01:41 PM
FB/AEP/FP merged install and runs smooth here, but then I have socket 754 Semperon 3100+ ... and fresh Windows install..

LOMAC loads but won't run though, and honestly I don't care enough to find out why. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VW-IceFire
12-10-2004, 02:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NerdConnected:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bucher1972:
Do something to the game if you have amd 64? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'be have not been able to install it on XP64 build 1218. Il2 FB with AEP runs fine, but when I merge it with PF the game won't start. So I guess, it's optimized for sse (and maybe 3dnow), but not for XP64....

Mark. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That doesn't make any sense. You may have a corrupt install of PF...but there's no specific reason why PF doesn't work and AEP does. The codebase is very similar. You may be having another problem...

tsisqua
12-10-2004, 03:17 PM
AMD64 3200+ here . . .

It works just fine, mate. You may want to get rid of any funny rts.dll's you may have, and pop the disk in the tray.

If I am off-track, post DxDiag, and the more cranial guys may be able to help you over in the Community Help forum.

Tsisqua

NerdConnected
12-11-2004, 02:38 AM
VW-IceFire,

Do you run the merged install on XP64 build 1218? If so, I would like to know how you manged to do that ;-) I've spent 2 or 3 hours sofar and still no luck.

My experience:

When I install IL2 FB and run the game all is okay. When I add the AEP patch, the games still runs fine. The moment I add PF (even without beta patches) the game refuses to start (I have the original rts.dll installed and the PF cd is in the tray)

The only thing I see is a message in XP64 event viewer that says that the security driver (secdrv.sys) succesfully started.

I've tried to install the old secdrv.sys driver in SysWow64/drivers but had no success. I've even tried to replace to 64 secdrv.sys with an XP32 one but got a message that XP blocked the driver.

System:

XP64 1218 (fresh install)
AMD 3400+
Nvidia 6800U with Nvidia 64 (66.96) drivers
1 Gb RAM DDR
Sblive with latest 64 bit preview drivers

Thanks in advance,

Mark

TheGozr
12-11-2004, 02:53 AM
Amd 3700 1 mb cache run like a champ.

NerdConnected
12-11-2004, 03:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tsisqua:
AMD64 3200+ here . . .

It works just fine, mate. You may want to get rid of any funny rts.dll's you _may_ have, and pop the disk in the tray.

If I am off-track, post DxDiag, and the more cranial guys may be able to help you over in the _Community Help_ forum.

Tsisqua <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I don't use the no-cd rts.dll and the PF cd is in the tray, so that can't be it. Furthermore, XP64 is a new and fresh install and I'm not using any cloning software whatsoever.

Anyway, it's good to hear you're running it on XP64. I've posted a message a week ago in the technical forum but got no response so I concluded there are'nt that many people that use XP64. But, now that the new Nivdia drivers (PS 3.0) are out, I wanted to try it one more time ;-)

I will give it another try and when it still does'nt work, I will post my dxdiag. Something must be wrong with my setup but I have no idea what it could be.

Mark

NerdConnected
12-11-2004, 01:26 PM
[/QUOTE]
That doesn't make any sense. You may have a corrupt install of PF...but there's no specific reason why PF doesn't work and AEP does. The codebase is very similar. You may be having another problem...[/QUOTE]

VW-IceFire,

It took me quite some time, but I just found out why PF did'nt run on XP64. It's the (....) rts.dll.

The one UBI posted (104 kb) works fine with the original pf executable on XP64. With the original rts.dll it does'nt work. The new beta exec's 301 and 302 don't work at all and don't even try to spin-up the cd rom.

However, on XP32 (SP2) I can use the new 301 and 302 executables without any problems.

So I guess it has something to do with the way cd-copy protection is handled (maybe drivers or certain services).

It looks like this stuff a bit different with XP64 because afterall, it's exactly the same brand cd/dvd-drive ;-)

Now I can relax.... problem solved. Zzzzzzzz.

Mark