PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Dreams...where's my Mosquito??

bigbossmalone
06-19-2005, 01:59 AM
So , 4.01 has arrived and with it....well, I haven't d/l'd it yet, as that might take about a day on my modem with a hefty phone bill for the month...but maybe I won't d/l it at all, considering....all that TALK about a new flyable Mosquito!! What happened?! We get a flyable Betty, (The back of my PF box told me the Betty was flyable, when I opened it---it wasn't!) So suffice to say I'm disappointed!
I'm sure to get flak for this, but I need to get this off my shoulders.....a 140mb d/l for a few new ground objects, maps??!! I'd really hoped that something that's been discussed ad nauseum on the forums would have some basis behind it, but NO! No Mosquito anywhere in sight, not even AI! How about an Avro Lancaster bomber? No? But we get a freaky Betty with Flying bomb attachment??! How many times could one use that? I'm a bit upset, we're expected to be thankful for a few free addons? Free? Not with my modem, and besides, these are things which were meant to come with the original game!
Am I wrong to be upset?! Oleg and the lads are doing great work, and hats off to them, but I've seen so many interesting things happening over on the development page and being talked about!! Are any of those planes going to see the light of day? Ju88, Do 17, can Oleg and Co let the community take over with new projects, there are a lot of good people out here who will do a great job, I'm sure.....
Ok, enough whingeing from me, I'm going to go and sulk for a while....
Point flak guns if you want, but my laser shields are going to be up all day!!
Good day all..

bigbossmalone
06-19-2005, 01:59 AM
So , 4.01 has arrived and with it....well, I haven't d/l'd it yet, as that might take about a day on my modem with a hefty phone bill for the month...but maybe I won't d/l it at all, considering....all that TALK about a new flyable Mosquito!! What happened?! We get a flyable Betty, (The back of my PF box told me the Betty was flyable, when I opened it---it wasn't!) So suffice to say I'm disappointed!
I'm sure to get flak for this, but I need to get this off my shoulders.....a 140mb d/l for a few new ground objects, maps??!! I'd really hoped that something that's been discussed ad nauseum on the forums would have some basis behind it, but NO! No Mosquito anywhere in sight, not even AI! How about an Avro Lancaster bomber? No? But we get a freaky Betty with Flying bomb attachment??! How many times could one use that? I'm a bit upset, we're expected to be thankful for a few free addons? Free? Not with my modem, and besides, these are things which were meant to come with the original game!
Am I wrong to be upset?! Oleg and the lads are doing great work, and hats off to them, but I've seen so many interesting things happening over on the development page and being talked about!! Are any of those planes going to see the light of day? Ju88, Do 17, can Oleg and Co let the community take over with new projects, there are a lot of good people out here who will do a great job, I'm sure.....
Ok, enough whingeing from me, I'm going to go and sulk for a while....
Good day all..

Deedsundone
06-19-2005, 02:44 AM
The new FM and the clouds alone is worthwhile the download,but hey,that´s me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Achilles_NZ
06-19-2005, 04:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ok, enough whingeing from me, I'm going to go and sulk for a while....
Good day all.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

LOL! At least download and TRY it before you start moaning about what it does/doesnt or should contain.
At least then you can make an informed whinge... and you never know you just might like it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

bigbossmalone
06-19-2005, 04:43 AM
Yep, you are right, I will probably get the patch just for the clouds, FM, etc . AND because I am a dedicated FB fan, - it IS still the best flight sim available today, and I've been playing constantly since the original il2 release around, what is it now , 4 years ago?
So, I'm here in Cape Town, South Africa...with my 56k modem...anyone prepared to send me a CD with the 3.03 and 4.01 patches? I've tried to work out the costs and the (free) download will cost me 3 times what the original game cost me!!
I'd appreciate any help I can get at the moment, what details would I need to give to the person sending me a disc? I'm prepared to pay for costs, of course, or maybe a swop...I currently have over 2Gb of d/l's (missions,skins,utilities,etc) with which I could fill a CD in return for one with the patch. Any fellow SA fliers out there? With ADSL connection? Let me know
LOL
Bigbossmalone

johnbn
06-19-2005, 08:41 AM
Okay doky Bigbossmalone

P.M. me with your address and I'll send you a CD with 3.04 and 4.01 on it for ya. No fee involved. Have you thought about email, can you receive emails of up to 140mb size?

tplynn
06-19-2005, 09:11 AM
The only plane I was looking forward to in this "patch" was the mosquito. I even remember of the poll question of the PF website. Which plane are you most looking forward to flying. Check Mosquito, alas it didn't appear which tossed my motivation right out the window. They can keep the pretty clouds I'll take the Skeeter instead. Maybe it'll be patched in the future!! Semper Fi, MudMarine

LStarosta
06-19-2005, 10:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnbn:
Have you thought about email, can you receive emails of up to 140mb size? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm... That still doesn't get around the fact that he would have to download 140 megs which takes a lot of phone time on a 56k.