PDA

View Full Version : dead is dead

av8rjim
03-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Just wondering if you all play your campaigns as dead is dead. Translation, if you die in your campaign, you start another instead of reloading the one you have. I prefer to play this way for the simple fact that it increases the realism, makes me think twice about attacking that DD, and makes me work harder. I suppose every u-boat captain would take on a destroyer head to head if they could just reload if they happened to lose that battle.

av8rjim
03-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Just wondering if you all play your campaigns as dead is dead. Translation, if you die in your campaign, you start another instead of reloading the one you have. I prefer to play this way for the simple fact that it increases the realism, makes me think twice about attacking that DD, and makes me work harder. I suppose every u-boat captain would take on a destroyer head to head if they could just reload if they happened to lose that battle.

Mittelwaechter
03-29-2007, 02:13 AM
I used to do so, but finally six months ago I simply wanted to know what war looked like past 1943.
I wasn't ever in command of a XXI and I never finished one single patrol in a IX.
So I have some fun left with SH3.

pmh273
03-29-2007, 03:18 AM
Hello,

I generally reload after death, but when attacking convoys etc., a miss is a miss i.e. even if I have a poor attack run, I won't reload the game and have another go for a better result

logman01
03-29-2007, 07:07 AM
Like Mittelwaechter, I reloaded during my "first war". I wanted to see how it all worked and get used to everything. Now I play Dead is Dead. It is more difficult, but it does lend more realism to the game.

Stingray-65
03-29-2007, 09:06 AM
I like DiD for the same reasons you mentioned. It makes me think about the situation before I commit to any action... usually. Sometimes I press my luck, but I try not to.

If I ever make it that far & can, I'd like to attempt sailing to South America when I'm told the war is over. I've yet to make it past 1941.

Foehammer-1
03-29-2007, 09:07 AM
I only re-load the saved game after a bad attack approach when I have a tonnage goal in mind, like 100K or 200K. The rest of the times, a miss is a miss. That's why I don't get many 100K's http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif