PDA

View Full Version : How to determine version number?

Ice Alex
10-14-2005, 03:34 AM
How do I check what version of the game I am running?

Also, since I play on the game center and the guy on the counter does not know what "version" it is from (US or EMEA? DVD or not?), I have tried all 4 patches, only to have them tell me that there is something wrong with the game and cannot be patched (usually some sort of .dll). Perhaps this copy has been no-CD'ed?

Any help appreciated.

Ice Alex
10-14-2005, 03:34 AM
How do I check what version of the game I am running?

Also, since I play on the game center and the guy on the counter does not know what "version" it is from (US or EMEA? DVD or not?), I have tried all 4 patches, only to have them tell me that there is something wrong with the game and cannot be patched (usually some sort of .dll). Perhaps this copy has been no-CD'ed?

Any help appreciated.

Jose.MaC
10-14-2005, 06:01 AM
First, for DVD or not: if you installed the game from a DVD, is DVD version. If you downloaded the game from the net, is not DVD. So you can ask him if they do have the DVD of the game. If in doubt, download the DVD version -is the most common one.
Second, for US - EMEA: if you can see swasticas on german ships, is US version. If not, is EMEA.

The version of the game that you get from the DVD/donwload should be 1.0. So you need to download the 1.4 version. But I think that for verions higher that 1.0, you have the version in the right inferior corner of the first selection screen of the game -the one that ask you for single mission, multiplayer, saved mission, museum, etc.

Be aware that maybe they're using a cracked version with a No CD patch that only works for version 1.0. So you can make the game unplayable, if they've done piracy.