PDA

View Full Version : Locations for ACIII

IlCarnefico
04-29-2011, 03:29 PM
In my opinion the most feasibly locations for the next major game (planned for release late 2011/ early 2012) is either the American or French revolution.

Between ACI and II there's about 300 years in total, and it's always been that the game takes place in a time of great national unrest. The American and French revolutions are basically 300 years after the events of ACB.

I personally would like to see the game in the American Revolution. It would be good to see the series leave Eurasia and show how International the Order is. And it could go back to an AC1 format, of killing enemies on both sides of the war.

Any opinions?

gohanks10
04-29-2011, 03:36 PM
constantinople in the fourth crusade

IlCarnefico
04-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by gohanks10:

Assassin's Creed is a chronological series though? They're not going to go back in time

reini03
04-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by IlCarnefico:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gohanks10:

Assassin's Creed is a chronological series though? They're not going to go back in time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody confirmed that.

rileypoole1234
04-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Please god let it be London

CanterburyTales
04-29-2011, 07:42 PM
If AC 3 takes place during the American Civil War, then Gettysburg would be a good location for a major event, as Subject 16 has been established as having an ancestor (who may or may not have been an ancestor of Desmond) at the Battle of Gettysburg. Washington, D.C. and New York City would also be good locations.

the_atm
04-29-2011, 08:27 PM
i'm highly doubting it will be in the french/american revolution. why? here are my reasons.

guns not thinking so. the Mascot of Assassins creed is the hidden blade, i'm highly doubting that any one will run towards a guy with a gun.

2. the creed. Stay your "Blade" from the flesh of the inocent, Hide in plane sight (ya good luck doing that on a battle field) and do not compromise the brotherhood.

3. they allways wear white and hoods. enough said. so i'm not thinking it's going to be during the french or American revolution.

Killer-Me99
04-30-2011, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by livfreorletmedi:
i'm highly doubting it will be in the french/american revolution. why? here are my reasons.

guns not thinking so. the Mascot of Assassins creed is the hidden blade, i'm highly doubting that any one will run towards a guy with a gun.

2. the creed. Stay your "Blade" from the flesh of the inocent, Hide in plane sight (ya good luck doing that on a battle field) and do not compromise the brotherhood.

3. they allways wear white and hoods. enough said. so i'm not thinking it's going to be during the french or American revolution.

4. IF they're just gonna add a bunch of guns, the game is going to fail epicly. Change the entire gameplay and engine? no, it's not Assassin's Creed anymore that way.

5. American or French revolution just doesn't really fit with the whole message in the story, especially the creed.

shobhit7777777
04-30-2011, 03:08 AM
Let's see what we KNOW:

1.The video flashes Altair's name. We also know from the codex that Altair (after the events of AC1) led a long and illustrious life. That is a huge unexplored chunk of history right there. This could be a hint that we will play as Altair yet again.

2.The Art Director (URL=http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712282/assassins-creed-revelations-leaked-on-facebook/]Check Link[/URL])
has shown interest in South America and Asia. If Asia (Central Asia) would fit right in with Altair.

3. Wherever the series is located there are a couple of requirements from that location:

*Large, sprawling and vertically dynamic urban areas to enable Freerunning and wall climbing...core mechanics of the series.

*A situation of turmoil....to establish the 'evil' Templar regime and the more plausible reason for having guards around every corner.

*Recognisable Landmarks and buildings....Digital Tourism in Assassin'd Creed..since the first game.

*Historical figures and accuracy (to some degree) and their deaths to tie in with Assassinations and the aforementioned turmoil.

Keeping the above in mind I guess we can not only narrow down the location but also the TIME PERIOD.
Don't worry about Hoodies and Wearing white http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif..I'm sure the devs will find a way to include the iconic assassin garb in the game

Guns: Guns could be a part of the arsenal..just make them like their real life counterparts (In those times)

-large, cumbersome
-Innacurate over 20 feet
-Loud....fire one of these off and they come looking to your last spot
-Looooooooong reload time
-If you're seen with a flintlock pistol/rifle...the guards get more suspicious
There balanced gun gameplay.

BTW: I vote Asia....Russia or India.

IIwangcarsII
04-30-2011, 03:26 AM
It has got to be 18th century London! It would be immense! But I would also love Egypt but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the next game will have Altair with his various travels! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Killer-Me99
04-30-2011, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by shobhit7777777:

Guns: Guns could be a part of the arsenal..just make them like their real life counterparts (In those times)

-large, cumbersome
-Innacurate over 20 feet
-Loud....fire one of these off and they come looking to your last spot
-Looooooooong reload time
-If you're seen with a flintlock pistol/rifle...the guards get more suspicious
There balanced gun gameplay.

"Guns are for sissies" - Shaun Hastings

Killer-Me99
04-30-2011, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
It has got to be 18th century London! It would be immense! But I would also love Egypt but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the next game will have Altair with his various travels! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

That would be great!

IIwangcarsII
04-30-2011, 03:41 AM
I know it would be fantatic! combining my favourite game with my favourite historical country! (Egypt) And of course if AC3 is in London then it will be my country! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm so excited! to see what they have in mind! Hopefully something similar to this!

shobhit7777777
04-30-2011, 04:13 AM
"Guns are for sissies" - Shaun Hastings

Shaun Hastings is a massive Sissy

IIwangcarsII
04-30-2011, 04:16 AM
All guns did for the world was bring more destruction. :|

DeSabellis
04-30-2011, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:

And save lives.

shobhit7777777
04-30-2011, 06:19 AM
No offense but you can't possibly be THAT Naive

UBOSOFT-Gamer
04-30-2011, 07:27 AM
what about baybloninan empire? would be cool!

Mr_Shade
04-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Can I please ask you use the ongoing threads for AC3 and beyond?

Or hop on the ongoing thread about the new AC game reveal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif