PDA

View Full Version : No contacts???

Sgt_Serge
04-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Big Problem... I'm on my first career engagement.

There are no contacts. During one night an enemy warship drove by at about 10m distance and I still had no contact on my F5 or F6 sceens. The sonar guy tells me that there is a contact somewhere but I don't get anything to show up on my maps.

I got one distant contact in my periscope, locked on to it... no contact on my map.

What am I doing wrong? Did I miss to assign an officer somewhere?

Serge

Stalingrad1943
04-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Well, I may have an answer. On the world map if your zoomed out and submerged without a periscope up, enemy ships, near you will come up as a black line running from your ship to theres. It is rather hard to to see unless zoomed all they way in. As for the other stuff im not to sure..

Sgt_Serge
04-08-2005, 09:09 AM
there's nothing, no black line, nothing when I'm on periscope depth, not even when I locked onto a target 3km away with the periscope...

reumatiib
04-08-2005, 09:13 AM
it is odd, I left Kiel on my first career mission and kept running into ships all over. I finally ran into a GIANT CONVOY (likely too early for such things in the first week of the war) at AM 18 - like about 20+ ships.

NaturalBornGoth
04-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Could you possibly have deactivated the map contact updates in the realism menu? That's when you check the topmost item on the right column in the realism settings. Contacts only show up on the map when you uncheck that item.

Once you have unchecked that item the sonar guy also will start to report contacts to you again. That's some sort of bug that seems to disable the sonar guy along with the map updates which keeps me from playing on full realism.

alanschu
04-08-2005, 07:45 PM
I have it checked and my sonar guy still reports contacts.

Sgt_Serge
04-08-2005, 11:50 PM
NaturalBornGoth.... you're right I think. After completing the last exam (without markings) I re-started my pc, sh3, a new career, changed the realism in a way that leaves god's eye on and suddenly the contacts appear again.

I assumed that god's eye means that you'd get each and every contact... nope, god's eye seems to behave just like I expect 'normal' submarine reconnaissance, contacts appear if the periscope is up, they're indicated if sonar hears something...

I love this game