PDA

View Full Version : Giving 100% A whirl

SpectreFC
09-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Ive been playing on %63 realism, but I find myself really relying on the map view and the external camera. I *know* it will be a different experience on 100%, and im gonna give it a whirl.

So after I finish this message, ill start a new campaign and stick to DID and 100%, and ill see how it goes!

Any tips? Im trying to figure out a good base rule for visibility distances, and ROE.

Wish me luck!

SpectreFC
09-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Ive been playing on %63 realism, but I find myself really relying on the map view and the external camera. I *know* it will be a different experience on 100%, and im gonna give it a whirl.

So after I finish this message, ill start a new campaign and stick to DID and 100%, and ill see how it goes!

Any tips? Im trying to figure out a good base rule for visibility distances, and ROE.

Wish me luck!

L.Sword
09-11-2005, 03:05 PM
The most important tip I can give you is "don't panic". I played my first career with gods-eye and without manual targeting, but after that I switched to 100%. It was totally and mind-numbingly overwhelming during my first attack (two ships), but I got the hang of it during my second patrol and haven't looked back since.

By visibility distance, do you mean how likely they are to spot you from a certain distance? My rule of thumb is that if I can spot them with just a passing glance (without the binoculars) it is (well past) time to dive.

EDIT: Oh, and good luck, and happy hunting! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

1.JaVA_Hornet
09-12-2005, 02:46 AM
Hi,
Since this weekend i have begun
a 100% realistic torpedoo tutorial.
I shot 3 torpedoes and all three were
big bangs. So i think that i will also start
a 100% realistic campaing from now.

I played 52% realistic but i find it boring
now.