PDA

View Full Version : New Pistol - Woo hoo!!

Guidon666
12-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Well,

In a different post, I stated I was looking at an XD40 and the Sig Mosquito.

Gonna hold off on them for a while as my father in law gave me his never fired... still in the box. Colt 1991A1 .45 (Not a 1911A1..)
Colt released a limited issue of these as their 80 yr anniversay of the 1911.

So I guess I will quit griping about .45s, shut up and simply start shooting it (I honestly hope he didnt want me to keep it as a collector wepon as I am not one inclined to do so)

As soon as I get back home (Sunday 1 Jan) I will post pics (My inlaws live in the stone age and do not yet own a digital camera.)

So. Woo hoo for me
(Sorry for the conceited post.. but I am excited about this.)

Demon_Mustang
12-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Sweet.

I hope you enjoy it. I don't like Colt much, but their guns are pretty good. I just hate the management of their company, always trying to claim that they own the rights to everything. Can you believe that Colt tried to trademark the use of the term "commando" and a bunch of other really commonly used terms such as ar15, m4, and m16??

They are out of their minds!!!

Anyway, that's a pretty **** good present, I hope someone would give me a firearm as a present, lol. Is it full size? Stainless or Parkerized?

Guidon666
12-30-2005, 08:28 AM
Was a pretty good suprise for me too.
Her Father is a Gun collector (Read that he has a HUGE collection in a wall concealed/walkin safe but no license to be a collector http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) Some of the other firearms he has.... Well i wouldnt give an leg for it.. but maybesomeone elses leg.

The gun is Full size & Stainless.

I never really got in the "political" aspect of the gun companies. Usually went with simply what I could get a good deal on. However trying to trademark a term like commando is prety rediculous.

Demon_Mustang
12-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Yah, and what about M4 and M16? They are military designations. And trying to trademark AR15 is ridiculous since AR stands for Armalite Rifle. So technically, shouldn't Armalite own the rights to it?? Lol, they also tried to trademark the design of the AR15, meaning every company that makes the AR15 needs to pay Colt to use the design. I find this hilarious since Colt didn't even invent the design, Armalite did, and Colt is still trying to claim rights to it...

The people over at Armalite are probably laughing their asses off. Oh, BTW, Colt lost this civil case, just in case you're wondering, the court denied all of their claims, lol.

But that's just bad management, it has nothing to do with the quality of their firearms. I think their 1911/1991's are of pretty good quality. My friend has a 3.5" barrel 1991 .45 by Colt, also stainless, and I've fired that a lot and has never had a misfeed/misfire/stovepipe, anything. So it works pretty good.

Tacamo
12-31-2005, 12:48 AM
Colt was just upset they squandered all their civilain market to competitors in order to appease military orders. Then they got upset when FN could produce more M-16's cheaper than them and lost their contract for that. I'm gald they lost that lawsuit against H&K and Bushmaster.

Guidon666
01-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Sweet...

Fly home... Get to baggage claim at Vegas and guess what?

No bag. Filled out about 300 billion papers, contacted several variations of law enforcement/GOVT agencies in ref to a missing pistol...

Got to love this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Bag was unmarked as far as carrying a pistol. gun was in a Locked/reinforced Pistol case and the pistol inside had both Trigger guard and chamber locks. Pistol case was placed in a normal hard case suitcase which was locked after screening

That is all I am up for saying at this point... Will let you know later if anything turns up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Demon_Mustang
01-04-2006, 02:11 AM
You'll probably get it mailed to you after like a year after it has made itself around the world a few times...

ScrubberManFSJ
01-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Or have someone knocking on your door after it is used in a crime...... (hopefully not)

GSG_9_Rage
01-05-2006, 04:16 PM
what airline? i bet it was the dummies working for southwest http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Guidon666
01-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Actually it was American Airlines.

I've had rather good luck with Southwest. (but good luck being the fact that nothing was lost previously)

IguanaKing
01-07-2006, 02:47 PM
That sucks, Guidon. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Hopefully your missing luggage will find its way back to you.

Demon_Mustang
01-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Yah, I would be so pissed...

Guidon666
01-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Well... Update.

NOTHING, Filled out a few more forms -Essentially 'relinquishing' ownership until bag is found in order not be held liable in the event that a crime is committed with the weapon. At his point... Reps from Airlines and other govt offices are saying I have a better chance of winning a powerball lotery than getting the bag back.

Demon_Mustang
01-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Man, that sucks. Ironic how I've always flown with the cheapest crappy airline out there, southwest, and I have never had a problem with them losing my baggage. Even when one of my flight had 4 stops/transfers. So many possible times for a mix up and surprisingly it never happened, lol.