PDA

View Full Version : S:C Multiplayer+Hand2hand

CheeseDestroyer
07-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Two things I'd like to get a clearer view on. One is, what source says that splinter cell will have crowd multiplayer because I very much enjoy the l+d double agent multiplayer/CT mp and play it a lot and what info has been released.

Secondly, what sort of capabilities will the spies have in terms of close quarters combat; such as a knife? Will some of the SP melee moves make an appearance in Multiplayer? And who are they fighting? Is it like, Spies vs. Law enforcement? And what's stopping the "mercs" of SC:C from shooting down every single npc in order to get to the real spies?

Sorry I'm just torn on the whole way Conviction is going meaning I'm having doubts. I do think that the Light and Dark thing was getting stale, but I sort of feel that only a tiny bit of it's potential was touched on and they moved into a completely new thing which is also never done before so I'm excited. It might be worth mentioning I do like the Bourne films (don't flame me!) and I do like action games to like Halo.

Action and Stealth have been pulled off before in a great game called "The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay" but now that light and dark gameplay was completely scrapped, that's that. I think they should put a little bit of Light and dark stealth available for those hardcore splinter cell fans, but make Sam grittier and more straight forward.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long, first post.

MKCC14
07-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Click here (http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=5706)

Nethrezim
07-29-2007, 05:30 AM
I think i know how its gonna look like and im preety sure that its not gonna work...no chance.

psyichic
07-29-2007, 06:11 AM
Cheese: Say what you want and know that the forums is quite polarized. If you please one side you will get flamed by the other. Feel free to state your opinion and stick to it whichever side you choose there will be another side going for your jugular.

SPROGGY
07-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Nethrezim:
I think i know how its gonna look like and im preety sure that its not gonna work...no chance.

Yeah... Montreal is probably going to give is a multiplayer that doesnt "work". No chance they could know what theyre doing! After all, theyre only a world class development studio. They certainly wouldnt have the foresight or expertise of your average forum poster..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

.....By the way, hows your jugular?

CheeseDestroyer
07-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't have to pick a side. I can be a double agent... lol yes I said it.

Anyways, when are we going to get some more specifics on the multiplayer besides "omg ther wil be l1ke crowds nd stuff!"

SPROGGY
07-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Who knows man. I wouldnt expect anything definitive until October or November. The only info weve gotten so far has been in a couple of magazine articles.

CheeseDestroyer
07-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Ah well.

Off topic: Uhh this is embarrassing but how do I edit my signature and profile?

SPROGGY
07-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Scroll to the top, click on go, click on personal zone.

CheeseDestroyer
07-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Thank you.

SPROGGY
07-29-2007, 01:58 PM
My pleasure

theSpyGuy150
07-31-2007, 12:52 AM
It probably will be crowd multiplayer. Oh, and they will probably just give the cops a handgun, so they won't be able to shoot everyone since it won't have that much ammo and will only be single-fire. And shooting everyone would make the crowd go crazy, so the spies could just use the chaos to run straight towards the objectives.

ArrowDynamicsX
07-31-2007, 03:07 AM
If it did work like that, then the guys with guns probably would have a maximum amount of innocents they can kill, like hostage rescue in Vegas, if a team kills the hostage, game's over, that team loses. But, we have no idea how it will work.