PDA

View Full Version : Is a new DGEN planned?? Can't fly career in new planes!!

mortoma
02-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Well actually you can fly a career in them but it's a pain in the rump!! Not complaining or whining at all though. Just want to know if anyone knows if Vadim ( Starshoy ) plans to update Dgen.exe so we can fly a campaign in the new birds "easily/normally"?? I have already flown 7 missions in the Do-335 on the 1945 Berlin map but the only way I could do it was to start a career in another German aircraft and then before every single frikken mission, I go into FMB and change the whole flight of that aircraft to the Pheil!! Painstaking and takes time but it works. The briefing/debreifing still show the wrong aircraft but that's ok. Other than that I love this patch!!!

Philipscdrw
02-10-2006, 03:55 AM
If there's a straightforward way (by editing the various text-based DGEN configuration files) to add the new aircraft, I'd like to learn it...

SeaFireLIV
02-10-2006, 04:48 AM
Pity. the focus on new aircraft is fine for online players but often means that offline gets forgotten. I fly online but also offline and it`s nice to start a new offline Campaign with and against the new aircraft in a new patch. Offline always suffers for online.

Guess, I have to rely on good old Lowengrin`s DCg again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Akira_sama
02-10-2006, 05:26 AM
I always fly offline so i wanna a DGEN makes me can fly these aircraft in career.

Capt._Tenneal
02-10-2006, 08:19 AM
If any of you hear anything from Starshoy, either here or another forum, please let us know. I'm a (mostly) offliner too waiting to hear about a 4.03 DGEN update.

Enthor1
02-10-2006, 09:13 AM
http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb....topic;f=144;t=003092 (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=003092)

Capt._Tenneal
02-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the link. Some news at least. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mortoma
02-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Philipscdrw:
If there's a straightforward way (by editing the various text-based DGEN configuration files) to add the new aircraft, I'd like to learn it... In this case there's no editing you can do other than what I explained. This is because the new aircraft are not in the instruction of the Dgen.exe program. Once they are put in it by Starshoy, they will be campaignable but you would still need to add them to the proper planes***.dat files, because Starshoy no longer does that. But right now even editing those dat files won't work. Sorry.
If you know how to edit missions in FMB then you can change another plane to the one you want like I do. Alternately you can exit out of PF and go into Explorer or My Computer and edit the miision file, which will do the same thing effectively. You'd have to browse to the Missions\Campaigns folders and find your nationality and then the proper pilot folder and edit the latest .mis file, which would be something like "40560.mis" or whatever. Even then you'd have to have some knowledge and experience doing that. But this is the only way to fly them in campaigns for a few days. The new Dgen is coming soon.

JastaV
02-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Cannot say more about DGen !!!!

But a new Il2DCG by Paul Lowengrin including Patch4.30 planes is already available

JastaV

mortoma
02-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by JastaV:

But a new Il2DCG by Paul Lowengrin including Patch4.30 planes is already available

JastaV Couldn't care less about DCG!! I'm not a fan of that product. Tried it several times through the years and find it difficult and very confusing to use, to say the least. Also I clicked on one button once and it deleted all my careers. I will not try it again!!! I only felt comfortable flying one career at a time in it since switching back and forth between multiple careers is dangerous in that program. Unlike DCG, Dgen allows you to fly hundreds of careers at the same time without hitches, problems or uncertainty. Much safer and stable.

Akwar
02-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by JastaV:

JastaV

He took his update down since last night.guess theres some problems.I know I couldnt get a JU88 campaign going in DCG.It kept using 109's.Others seemed to work though.

Im a offliner to.Just not into one mission mindless MP battles.I like a career aspect and continuing war.

Nimits
02-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Starshoy says he is working on an update over the weekend, so hang tight.

Hrannar
02-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by mortoma:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JastaV:

JastaV Couldn't care less about DCG!! I'm not a fan of that product. Tried it several times through the years and find it difficult and very confusing to use, to say the least. Also I clicked on one button once and it deleted all my careers. I will not try it again!!! I only felt comfortable flying one career at a time in it since switching back and forth between multiple careers is dangerous in that program. Unlike DCG, Dgen allows you to fly hundreds of careers at the same time without hitches, problems or uncertainty. Much safer and stable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, for me its the opposite, Dgen in the past has been nothing but trouble, and is just wasting precious kilobytes on my HD since I got DCG.

mortoma
02-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Why do you DCG guys come in here to a thread about Dgen if you don't use it or like it?? If you wish to discuss DCG or encourage others to get it, then start your own thread for crying out loud!! This is obviously a thread for those of us who use it and even like it. You won't sway many of us in this thread. We are able to wait for the updates for it. Thank you.....

Nimits
02-12-2006, 01:52 AM
DCG has some merit, but it has its disadvantages too. Besides the never ending debate over exactly how dynamic a historical dynamic campaign should be, most relevent to Pacific Fighters, I don't think it handles the "mini-campaigns" and carrier battles inherent that well. For large scale air ground battles, it would work all right, and is arguably better in some ways, but for 1 or 2 day engagements, it's not ideal. It also doesn't seem to do so well with tankless battles so common in the first half of the Pacific war, depending mostly on vehical and armor columns to move the front.

Plus, I'm not conviced it's as intuitive or user friendly (for the player, not the editor) as DGen.

Feathered_IV
02-12-2006, 05:41 AM
Just tried the new DCG patch. Raiden not recognised as a flyable, Mc200 is labelled as 202 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
Bit scared to use it.

Dengue.ZA
02-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Why do you DCG guys come in here to a thread about Dgen if you don't use it or like it?? If you wish to discuss DCG or encourage others to get it, then start your own thread for crying out loud!!

Agreed. The DCG spamming is incredibly obnoxious http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

major_setback
02-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by mortoma:
Why do you DCG guys come in here to a thread about Dgen if you don't use it or like it?? If you wish to discuss DCG or encourage others to get it, then start your own thread for crying out loud!! This is obviously a thread for those of us who use it and even like it. You won't sway many of us in this thread. We are able to wait for the updates for it. Thank you.....

That's a fair point, you did start a discussion on Dgen. By the way what about those cannons on the new Macchi! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Just joking. I also find it very frustrating that there isn't a simple way to incorporate the newer planes into campaigns/missions. It's the only way to really get to know the plane.
It would also be good to get the Mossies for example as AI in campaigns created after the patch install (or does that already work?? I don't think so).

Nimits
02-12-2006, 11:46 PM
I new DGen is reportedly in beta testing and schedualed for release this week.

gbollin
02-13-2006, 08:14 PM
I checked the SimHQ dayly news section
there is a new DGEN beta being tested.
They say everything works except the DO-335
as of now.

Dengue.ZA
02-14-2006, 06:33 AM
I checked the SimHQ dayly news section
there is a new DGEN beta being tested.
They say everything works except the DO-335
as of now.

It's all working. Now we're waiting for the Italian DGEN junk to be added.

ianboys
02-15-2006, 03:27 AM
All the DGen now works from the technical point of view. Now just adding the Italians as a new career option. Should still be ready this week.

It will also come with a free upgrade to Ostfront (Ju-88 added to Murmansk, Russian elite fighter unit added to Kurland).

It will also come with a full improved NWE campaigtn with better MIS files and all the new planes for that campaign (Spit new, 109 new, Tempest, Mosquito and Do-335).

We also plan a mock-up Italian campaign for Stalingrad and "Lake Garda" so you can jump in and fly the new Italian fighters in a campaign.

We planned to ship early this week but now adding a full new campaign nationality will be a couple of days extra.

But soon. Very soon.

mortoma
02-15-2006, 06:38 AM
TYVM!

Capt._Tenneal
02-15-2006, 09:26 AM
ianboys, a couple of ?? :

Will this new DGEN work for those that don't have Ostfront ?

By ' shipped ', do you mean a free DGEN or paid included with an expansion pack etc. ?

Thanks.

sledgehammer2
02-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This is exactly what I was going to ask... to get the new DGEN will we have to buy something or can it be downloaded?

Sledgehammer2

Nimits
02-15-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm 99% sure its a free download.

hugohugo37
02-16-2006, 06:00 AM
Italian Eastern front campaign....Yessssss

I'm so psyched for this. Don't forget to let us know where and when to get this.

Thanks in advance.

hugohugo37
02-16-2006, 06:02 AM
Also...

Where can you buy ostfront?