PDA

View Full Version : Desmond

ElusiveTramp
06-16-2009, 01:17 PM
It's been confirmed that Desmond is going to "do more than walk" in the next instalment of AC, and it's also been said that AC2 will start right where AC1 left of (I think?).

So my question is what is your guess as to how the game will open?

Personally, I'm thinking either escape from Abstergo through/with Lucy who'll take you to another animus (which would be awesome to do). Or you're still kept as prisoner and just 'used' again. Problem with that is I can't see Desmond doing more than walking with that option.

On a sidenote, reckon the big guy in a red tie who makes a swift appearance at the end of AC1 will show again? Alan Rikkin I think his name was?

Losk_
06-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by ElusiveTramp:
It's been confirmed that Desmond is going to "do more than walk" in the next instalment of AC, and it's also been said that AC2 will start right where AC1 left of (I think?).

So my question is what is your guess as to how the game will open?

Personally, I'm thinking either escape from Abstergo through/with Lucy who'll take you to another animus (which would be awesome to do). Or you're still kept as prisoner and just 'used' again. Problem with that is I can't see Desmond doing more than walking with that option.

On a sidenote, reckon the big guy in a red tie who makes a swift appearance at the end of AC1 will show again? Alan Rikkin I think his name was?

My guess is that its going to start with Desmond right where we left him, and the locations of the pieces of eden shown in 1191 are too inaccurate to recover a replacement. (moved over time or what have you)

I think later in the game Desmond will start bleeding more abilities from Ezio, which is where the more than walking thing comes in. Maybe he escapes. Everyone seems to think he needs to escape, so maybe he will.

Goalcrease
06-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Maybe he will escape and assassinate Vidic or whoever the first doctor was. Then we would have assassinations taking place in the 15th century AND the 21st century.

Losk_
06-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Goalcrease:
Maybe he will escape and assassinate Vidic or whoever the first doctor was. Then we would have assassinations taking place in the 15th century AND the 21st century.

I hope so. I can't be the only one that wanted to stab Vidic with his pen.

bsmithree
06-16-2009, 04:50 PM
I think all we can say is that Lucy wants you alive, the other doctors could care less. We will most likely start in the same room and go from there. No one really knows what will happen.

Skaevola
06-16-2009, 08:43 PM
I can't believe it took me almost two years to realize this, but it just occured to me that Lucy is an assassin, and she built the Animus. So, really, the assassins ought to be a step ahead of Abstergo if they can get Lucy out.

Thus, I predict we will be using an Animus belonging to the assassins in ACII.

Xanatos2007
06-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Like my previous theory, I think Lucy fed the Assassins info on how to make their own Animus, so they rescue Desmond, bring him to their Animus and try to find out something else for their struggle against the Templars. Maybe one of those Assassins (or perhaps Lucy) is an ancestor of Malik.

Also note how Vidic says "Animus, it's an Animus." Possibly indicating there's more than one.

SWJS
06-16-2009, 11:46 PM
That actually makes a lot of sense. Though if Desmond is rescued surely Abstergo is gonna be ticked off. Maybe a mission involving Desmond has you climbing up some pipes and such to unleash a nasty little trap on some invading Abstergo employees?

Account_Deleted
06-17-2009, 02:12 AM
Lucy didn't fully make the ANIMUS,
insted she just knows skills of repairing it,
because in the coversation when the animus heats up ( memeoery block 3 i think)
she say's absergo has a team of tech engeners that should be on site to fix the animus, but she insted does it herself

DearDirty
06-17-2009, 03:57 AM
I think that'll literally just start where it ended. In the very same room. I don't think Desmond will find another Animus, but I also don't think that he will decided to go back and experience Ezio's life out of his own accord.

Lucy or someone will probably come in and help him out, tell him to search through his past for more answers whilst the Assassin's outside keep fighting (if there are any left). Then at the end I think you'll break out and do some future (present) day "more than walking".

sensationikke
06-17-2009, 04:36 AM
- "Assassin's creed 2 starts just where assassin's creed 1 stopped, so the last frame is actually the first frame of the sequel" He told in an video interview somewhere =)

- I'm hoping that desmonds escapes,and has some stuff to do. But i don't think so because they said: "it isn't desmonds creed, it's assassin's creed." So i bet he doesn't do much =( maby just a little.

Thretimesb
06-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I would like to stab Vidic with a pen as much as the next guy, but w/o a way out of the building it wouldn't do much good; perhaps if Lucy proves to be on 'our' side a little more, she could help with that. There are apparently plenty of people with automatic weapons on the perimeter, after all.

Am I the only one to wonder why the modern 'assassins' tried a frontal assault?

Luis-D
06-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Luis-D:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wingf00t:
I can't believe it took me almost two years to realize this, but it just occured to me that Lucy is an assassin, and she built the Animus. So, really, the assassins ought to be a step ahead of Abstergo if they can get Lucy out.

Thus, I predict we will be using an Animus belonging to the assassins in ACII.

No, your wrong.

Lucy didn't build the Animus. She says that it was built by Abstergo engineers. She said that she worked on the assembling process or something like that anyways but nothing else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ibn-al-ahad
06-17-2009, 02:56 PM
In Lucy's emails, she requests an extraction from the assassins.
In a encrypted email on her computer, a message says: WE WILL BE THERE SOON. This could be discovered right before the attack.

Peti0225
06-19-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't really know what is that "not just walking" means, but i think we'll only see Desmond as an assassin in the last AC game, so that maybe means that we'll be able to run and jump and probably getting through the other doors as well. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif