PDA

View Full Version : Online Play questions

OldPepper
02-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Hi all. Been playing more games online and I have 2 questions vexing me currently.

1) Are there Teamspeak servers I can use for open games from the HyperLobby? I'd feel guilty using another server for open games (although I may ask permission from some admins).

I thought there might be a server or 2 where I could direct 1 or a few folks for Coop missions mostly. Any servers out there that would allow a small group or pair on their TS server in separate channels? I know Roger Wilco has an extensive array of servers to pick within the client.

2) I can't seem to use the in game text chat while on the mission brief screen, or the arming and coop pick-team screens. I see other folks able to chat there, but I cannot. I can text chat once I'm in a plane.

Thanks for the tips, and I'll likely see some of you online! <S>

SlickStick
02-22-2005, 03:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OldPepper:
Hi all. Been playing more games online and I have 2 questions vexing me currently.

1) Are there Teamspeak servers I can use for open games from the HyperLobby? I'd feel guilty using another server for open games (although I may ask permission from some admins).

I thought there might be a server or 2 where I could direct 1 or a few folks for Coop missions mostly. Any servers out there that would allow a small group or pair on their TS server in separate channels? I know Roger Wilco has an extensive array of servers to pick within the client.

2) I can't seem to use the in game text chat while on the mission brief screen, or the arming and coop pick-team screens. I see other folks able to chat there, but I cannot. I can text chat once I'm in a plane.

Thanks for the tips, and I'll likely see some of you online! <S> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most servers, if they have a visitor-use TeamSpeak or Ventrillo server will post the IP in the Mission Brief. I'm not aware of any comms servers that are just setup for anyone's use. They are usually hosted by the same person who is hosting the server.

To answer your 2nd question, just left mouse-click into the chat box to use it while at the screens you mentioned.

OldPepper
02-22-2005, 04:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlickStick:
To answer your 2nd question, just left mouse-click into the chat box to use it while at the screens you mentioned. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you sooo much! At least that's one less thing 'vexxing' me. Now if I could only keep my 'E' up and hit deflection shots... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

So there are few if any TS servers I can use guilt free while "on topic" with flightsim? I'm only interested in good-natured chat while doing an open game. I can see that such a server could be taxed by chaff... Would still be nice to start a coop and post a TS channel for the opportunistic game online.

T_O_A_D
02-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Join a squad, most have more than one interest. And several rooms for other things than just Flying.

Not to mention you will make new friends from all over the world depending on the squad you choose.

Prop_Strike
02-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey OldPepper....
You can use the Teamspeak public server to set up your own channel.
You can set it up with any of the listed codecs,have as many people as you want, and even put a password on it if ya want(its free by the way).
The server address is 213.202.254.117:10050
There is no password.

Just go to channels....create channel...put a name,adjust the codec if ya want,adjust amount of people and off ya go.Just get people to click on the sqaure next to your name.
When you disconnect, the channel will automatically be erased.

OldPepper
02-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Perfect, Prop_Strike. Just what I was hoping for! Not sure I'm qualified for a Squad yet.

Prop_Strike
02-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Glad I could help.... ~S~

T_O_A_D
02-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Most squads just want your time and willingness to particpate. You don't have to be an ACE to get into most squads. Heck I'm the CO of ours and can's hit a bull in the butt with a board http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

That free TS is a good tip though. I didn't know you could have that much power in there.