PDA

View Full Version : Multiple PCs

christenlanger
03-16-2010, 09:56 PM
I want my friend to play this game.

1. Is it possible for me to have multiple working installations on multiple PCs using the same account?
2. Is it possible for them to be playing all at the same time if it's the case?

srakoczy
03-16-2010, 10:09 PM
no

ARandomKid
03-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by christenlanger:

1. Is it possible for me to have multiple working installations on multiple PCs using the same account?

1.) Yes. I've got one on my laptop for fun (since it sucks there) and one on my desktop PC (which is a lot better) using the same account.

2.) I would assume no, but I haven't tried it yet so I can't technically say for sure. 95% positive the answer is no, though.

caswallawn_2k7
03-17-2010, 06:33 AM
if you buy a game licence you buy it for your own personal use, allowing a friend to install a copy of the game and play it (more so while you are still playing it) is still piracy.

you can play this game on as many PC's as you want but the game CD key can only be linked to one Ubisoft account and can only be used by a single person at a time, if you share your account details expect to be kicked out of game every time your friend tries to play.

also sharing your account details is also against the terms of service for 99% of online services, so if you got caught it would lead to the same action taken as if a single account was used by multiple people to pirate the game.

kleaneasy
03-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by christenlanger:

The current DRM allows you to install the game on more than one of YOUR PC's, in doing so you can only play at any one time because one person cannot be playing on more than one PC at any given time. If a second person wanted to play they would need to buy the game.

Sabatasso
03-18-2010, 11:35 AM
I am lending my friends CD's all the time, I want to be able to do the same with PC games. But noooo the industry is greedy, not only the gaming industry but all industry, just as consumers they want the most for the least amount of work.

The world is a greedy place, it's all about the profit. Well, all you capitalists can suck my blowdryer! seriously... the world was a better place before WWI.