PDA

View Full Version : Friendly A.I in P.F

fordfan25
10-20-2004, 11:08 AM
something i was just thinking about. Has the Friendly A.I been changed in pf or are we going to see our wingmen always turnfighting zeros the way we do in F.B?

Tater-SW-
10-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Probably. The AI is only good in very limited situations, IMO. Too often it become a furball to the death where all of one side is wiped out, and however many are left on the other side RTB.

In Il-2/FB/AEP (and maybe PF) it's as if the kill counts on both sides equal what was claimed (by both sides ;-) in RL. 4 F4Fs get bounced by 6 Zekes (with 2 shotai above, there were over a dozen zeros above), 1 F4F dives away and is out of the fight, one is downed, the other 2 scissor, and dodge all the attacks, and claim 2 zekes, 1 of the F4Fs ditches after the fight. The Zeros claim they downed 11 for no losses. 13 claimed kills vs 1 plane possibly observed to be shot down the only real loss. LOL

(btw, that really happened over Guadalcanal, Oct 2, 1942)

tater

fordfan25
10-20-2004, 12:15 PM
well i hope thay are able to adress it in a patch later on if thauy have not already.its going to be hard fighting in us planes aginst zeros if all your wingmen are downd in the first 2 min lol

HouseElfDobby
10-20-2004, 12:25 PM
I did a qmb fight with 4 (vet) F4F against 4 (vet) A6M2-21. We (F4F) came out victorious with only one Wildcat lost, zeroes were obliterated (only 1 kill myself, though). Looks like good AI for the moment, but only time will tell.

Dobby

ploughman
10-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Shame you can't pick tactics for the AI as well as formation.

fordfan25
10-20-2004, 01:56 PM
yes that would have been a nice option to have.
i think its going to be very hard on U.S pilots flying missions and even more so in early years with the wildcat. becouse you know the ai are going to be dog fighting the zeros lol.