PDA

View Full Version : Historical Accuracy?

flyingeaglemile
11-19-2010, 09:23 PM
How historical accurate are the AC games so far, I remember hearing that the first one was pretty good but how are AC2 and ACB?

Riley4142
11-21-2010, 05:36 AM
Pretty much everything is historically accurate. I would prefer to think it is all true, as it makes history a lot cooler/easier to learn.

MPSai
11-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Well the Borgia family are all real people, Rodrigo Borgia was Pope and did die of poisoning (though the suggestion that he and Cesare poisoned each other is fictional, but still neat), Cesare really was accused of incest with his sister as well. Most people should know Leonardo was a real person, he did work for Cesare for a time, and where his war machines were probably never actually built those were all real designs of his. Niccolo Machavelli is of course also a real person, and one of his most well known works was always misinterpreted as supporting politics and ideas he was actually against, so it's plausible that he was taking the system down from the inside as depicted in this game. So yeah. I love AC cause I love history :P

E-Zekiel
11-21-2010, 09:38 AM
It is all pretty accurate - as it was put in an interview I read "we did not write anything that was directly IMPOSSIBLE into the story".

Fortunately, history, as we know, is often written by the victors, and not always trustworthy. It's only in the past ten years or so that things have truly become harder to keep from the public - and even so, there is much that is still easy enough to keep secret.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by MPSai:
Well the Borgia family are all real people, Rodrigo Borgia was Pope and did die of poisoning (though the suggestion that he and Cesare poisoned each other is fictional, but still neat)
Actually, there have been rumours that Cesare caused the poisoning, most implying it was an accident and that he didn't mean the Pope to die. Look for pre-release "possible spoiler" posts which suggested Cesare might be the one to kill Rodrigo. A couple of them provide links.

But yes, Leonardo did design a tank, armed flying machine, etc. There's no evidence any of them were ever built, and some people who used his plans to recreate the tank found it didn't work, but there are stories that he modified the plans so they wouldn't be usable after he'd been working for the Borgia and realised how dangerous his inventions could be in the wrong hands.

TheXenon
11-22-2010, 12:25 PM
**************SPOILER****************

So how exactly is ACB historically correct when Leonardo is building machines? I don't remember learning about that in school lol.

jlorence
11-22-2010, 12:43 PM
hough the suggestion that he and Cesare poisoned each other is fictional, but still neat), Ce

He didn't actually build the missions in real life, but he did draw up the designs for them. You can find images of the designs on Google.

Geinref
11-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by TheXenon:

So how exactly is ACB historically correct when Leonardo is building machines? I don't remember learning about that in school lol.

I think ur school is run by Abstergo, just saying lol!

Yeah i didnt know that either, I'm guessing cause Leo was seen more of an artist then a engineer for war machines, i dont know.

Sparty2020
11-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by FernieG:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheXenon:

I think ur school is run by Abstergo, just saying lol!

Yeah i didnt know that either, I'm guessing cause Leo was seen more of an artist then a engineer for war machines, i dont know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Aside from war machines Leonardo also designed wrist-watches, pistols, calculators, and solar panels. He was truly a man ahead of his (and our) time. I'd go out on a limb and venture that he was the smartest individual to have ever lived.