PDA

View Full Version : What happens if you go to assasinate your main target..

MiniAssasin
10-18-2007, 10:24 AM
but it fails and he spots you, or you are spotted.

or if you are chasing your target and you lose them.

does that = mission failure, or does it mean you have to hunt him down again by finding out more information.

or is he just going to respawn back where he originated when you select the mission again.

how does it work?

---
and hello all im new http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NotLordAtkin
10-18-2007, 10:26 AM
hm, interesting question...
Id like to know that one too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And welcome to da phorumz http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Azzerwazzer
10-18-2007, 10:30 AM
hi! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
erm... if them there at ubisoft are going for realism then they should be going for the "Having to hunt down your target again" option.
no mission failed stuff... just youv lost him ... darn wait ill use my info to find where hes headed... that kinda thing.

MiniAssasin
10-18-2007, 10:36 AM
see the only problem with if you lose them and finding more information to find them again...

how would that even work i mean, its a huge virtual world 3 big cities and a middle bit with small settle ments. even in 1 city alone you could simply lose them in the crowd.

you make the wrong turn, thats it.

but how is the game going to recreate the initial stage again if the person is in a different location.

Bloxham
10-18-2007, 11:12 AM
One of the previews said that if you fail it turns into regular combat. And sometimes the target will even flee. So no you don't get a "mission fail" - the gameplay just changes.

MeAltairLol
10-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Well, I think a huge "GAME OVER"-style thing pops up! (Bear with me) Because you're given a second chance after you've messed up one assassination right at the start, so messing up a second assassination isn't gonna go too well, now is it? That's, of course, if Ubi are going for "story realism". You'd probably have to start the game again. Your best shot is to save the game just before the assassination (if that's possible!).

MiniAssasin
10-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Bloxham:
One of the previews said that if you fail it turns into regular combat. And sometimes the target will even flee. So no you don't get a "mission fail" - the gameplay just changes.

yeah but what im askin is what happens if they flee and escape

Golani2007
10-18-2007, 11:44 AM
i remember that Patrice said that there will be no mission fail...
you will just have to find youur target again( BTW they mark on your map like GPS) or continue chase him.

MeAltairLol
10-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Golani2007:
you will just have to find youur target again( BTW they mark on your map like GPS) or continue chase him.

What Interview was that?

Greenman2000
10-18-2007, 12:07 PM
as much as i like hunting him down again its start over remember there checkpoints

Golani2007
10-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by MeAltairLol:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Golani2007:

What Interview was that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in one of the latest...
i will search for it

edit: sorry mate. dont find it...but im sure that Patrice said something about that!

Dvlos56
10-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
but how is the game going to recreate the initial stage again if the person is in a different location.

Exactly, but for the sake of making the game fun, perhaps they should just have that character creep back to his fortress or home. Maybe you lose him for a long while, and while you're off doing another mission the game can easily explain that so-and-so has wandered back.

Another nice idea would be that every time you fail, the target puts on more body armor and/or hires more guards?

MeAltairLol
10-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Golani2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeAltairLol:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Golani2007:

What Interview was that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in one of the latest...
i will search for it

edit: sorry mate. dont find it...but im sure that Patrice said something about that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Merhh, never mind I believe you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Azerackia
10-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Well, since he's marked on your mini-map, you can't "lose" him, as you just follow the flashing icon. However, eventually guard's and stuff will be chasing you I'm sure, so if it takes too long you may have to take off and re-try later.

About re-trying, you will be able to leave any mission at any point and come back to them later. Or so I heard, and until I play the game that's what I'm going with IE: Leave the city, make another assassination in order to recieve the item from your boss (IE: Those gloves that let you grab stuff when falling, or the boots that allow you better grip so you can roll after being knocked down by someone after running into them). This can be useful in ways that the other assassination you may find would be easier if you could do that.

Azzerwazzer
10-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Well, I think a huge "GAME OVER"-style thing pops up! (Bear with me) Because you're given a second chance after you've messed up one assassination right at the start,

Dude... you misunderstand what they meant by you fail your first assassination... you kill the wrong guy, altair dosen't lose him or anything, (unless you, the player, lose him) lol. nah, it won't be a missoin failed... in real assassinations they usually spend years learning their target.

ReaZeN2005
10-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Jade (or was it Patrice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif), said in a interview that if you fail the assassination, you just escape and wait for an other time to assassinate him..
I don't remember what interview video it was..

NDDONS09
10-18-2007, 05:36 PM
yea u definantly fail...cuz yea they want the real feeling but if some1s so bad they keep losing that would be so hard 2 do...so i bet the game over thing comes up...i would bet my life on it

MiniAssasin
10-18-2007, 05:57 PM
lol im sorry my first ever post was such a complicated one.

debate wars

anyway good ideas and stuff floating around, i guess its a we'l have to wait and see