PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on a specific Lancaster

XyZspineZyX
04-13-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm looking for pictures or artwork mostly, anything that can help me model the Lancaster flown during the Dambusters Raid by Ken Brown, his aircraft was AJ-F "F for Freddie", ID # ED918. I have a pretty good idea of the general scheme of this aircraft but I need to know if it had any noseart. I'm planning on making the decals myself so any good depictions of it would help.

I've googled around but couldnt find much.

XyZspineZyX
04-13-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm looking for pictures or artwork mostly, anything that can help me model the Lancaster flown during the Dambusters Raid by Ken Brown, his aircraft was AJ-F "F for Freddie", ID # ED918. I have a pretty good idea of the general scheme of this aircraft but I need to know if it had any noseart. I'm planning on making the decals myself so any good depictions of it would help.

I've googled around but couldnt find much.

Rood-Zwart
04-13-2007, 02:24 PM
How do you make your own decals? And no, cant help you with the noseart, sorry

XyZspineZyX
04-13-2007, 03:32 PM
With a printer. You can get print out decal paper at most hobby shops. There is the white and the clear papers to work with. Basically you draw up your markings in photoshop / gimp and print them out. Then you need a fixing solution that will seal the ink on the paper so it doesnt run when you dip them in water.