PDA

View Full Version : Can't hear In-game character speech

christine_d
09-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi guys,

Everything seems to be working fine except that I can't hear the in-game characters talk. I just see their lips moving but the speech isn't coming out of my speakers. Music, sound effects are all fine. I remember having the same problem with the demo and even when playing URU.
My sound card is a Hercules Digifire 7.1 with latest drivers.

Please help

Christine

christine_d
09-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi guys,

Everything seems to be working fine except that I can't hear the in-game characters talk. I just see their lips moving but the speech isn't coming out of my speakers. Music, sound effects are all fine. I remember having the same problem with the demo and even when playing URU.
My sound card is a Hercules Digifire 7.1 with latest drivers.

Please help

Christine

Mr Zebe D
09-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Do you have a control panel for your soundcard?

For an audigy 2 there's software called audioHQ that configures your soundcard / speakers. Within that, Device Controls governs whether the sound is being decoded on the card or passed digitally through SP/DIF to a 5.1 / 7.1 control box.

If you have something similar you may need to adjust your settings so that the voices come out of the front centre speaker. You also need to check that Speaker settings / advanced in Control panel / Sounds and Audio Devices matches your actual speaker setup.