PDA

View Full Version : Please could someone explain Mediterranean defence meta game?

freddie_1897
11-20-2011, 06:19 AM
I get the basics like sending assassins to a place to either do missions or claim the city. But I don't get the whole 'put an assassin in charge of a city' thing. Could someone explain it please?

LightRey
11-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Placing an assassin in charge of a city makes it easier to maintain control over the city. It also frees up a spot in your list of recruits allowing you to recruit more assassins. By stationing Assassins in cities you can have up to 77 recruits (and with Rhodes unlocked 82).

Please use the find button next time.

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Placing an assassin in charge of a city makes it easier to maintain control over the city. It also frees up a spot in your list of recruits allowing you to recruit more assassins. By stationing Assassins in cities you can have up to 77 recruits (and with Rhodes unlocked 82).

I knew about why MA's need to be placed, I didn't know it unlocked more recruits.
thanks

dewgel
11-20-2011, 08:56 AM

Nice to see you're trying to do the job of the mods.

He was only asking someone to explain his questions he has. No need to be so ignorant, it's not your place to tell someone what to do.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

He was only asking someone to explain his questions he has. No need to be so ignorant, it's not your place to tell someone what to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not saying it to act like a mod, I'm saying it because it's annoying to answer the same question over and over again.

dewgel
11-20-2011, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

He was only asking someone to explain his questions he has. No need to be so ignorant, it's not your place to tell someone what to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not saying it to act like a mod, I'm saying it because it's annoying to answer the same question over and over again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then don't answer it. Maybe he already searched and couldn't find the exact answer he personally wanted.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:
Then don't answer it. Maybe he already searched and couldn't find the exact answer he personally wanted.
Yet here you are hypocritically harassing me, completely off-topic, while I at least had the decency to answer the OP's question.

TorQue1988
11-20-2011, 09:16 AM
How do you unlock Rhodes?

LightRey
11-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by TorQue1988:
By playing on all the Rhodes maps in MP.

ShardofTruth
12-03-2011, 11:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorQue1988:
By playing on all the Rhodes maps in MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the Rhodes maps exactly? I completed a session on every map now, but the city won't unlock.
I especially paid attention, that I completed day and night version of Knight's Hospital and Ippokratous, the only maps that are set on Rhodes (at least I think so).

LightRey
12-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ShardofTruth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorQue1988:
By playing on all the Rhodes maps in MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the Rhodes maps exactly? I completed a session on every map now, but the city won't unlock.
I especially paid attention, that I completed day and night version of Knight's Hospital and Ippokratous, the only maps that are set on Rhodes (at least I think so). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not sure. I played MP for a whole evening and after that I had it unlocked.

ShardofTruth
12-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks I got it now, it unlocked after I replayed the Souk day mission again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AdmiralPerry
12-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Also, just to add in, when you retake a city from the Templars, you can originally station 3 Assassins there. If you send some of your recruits to do the 'Install an Assassin Den' special mission a few times, then you will unlock more slots for the city, for a maximum of five Assassins. Don't remember anyone saying that, so I just thought I'd throw it out there. If you already knew that, my bad.

Now, a question of my own, if I may. Where are you people getting 82 Assassins from? I've crunched numbers and I'm only getting 77. There are thirteen cities, including Rhodes, in the Mediterranean. If I send the maximum of five Assassins to all thirteen cities, that's 65 Assassins total. I have seven Master Assassins staying with me in Constantinople (72 Assassins). Once I send my last five to the last city, whichever one that will be, I'll have five open spaces again, and I'll fill them in because I'm nuts that way. That's only 77 Assassins. Keep in mind, this is INCLUDING Rhodes. Seriously, please, someone explain their math to me, because this 82 Assassins thing is starting to bug me a little.

LightRey
12-05-2011, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
Also, just to add in, when you retake a city from the Templars, you can originally station 3 Assassins there. If you send some of your recruits to do the 'Install an Assassin Den' special mission a few times, then you will unlock more slots for the city, for a maximum of five Assassins. Don't remember anyone saying that, so I just thought I'd throw it out there. If you already knew that, my bad.

Now, a question of my own, if I may. Where are you people getting 82 Assassins from? I've crunched numbers and I'm only getting 77. There are thirteen cities, including Rhodes, in the Mediterranean. If I send the maximum of five Assassins to all thirteen cities, that's 65 Assassins total. I have seven Master Assassins staying with me in Constantinople (72 Assassins). Once I send my last five to the last city, whichever one that will be, I'll have five open spaces again, and I'll fill them in because I'm nuts that way. That's only 77 Assassins. Keep in mind, this is INCLUDING Rhodes. Seriously, please, someone explain their math to me, because this 82 Assassins thing is starting to bug me a little.
I think I made a miscount somewhere. I can't remember. If it's 13 cities including Rhodes then it's 77 yeah.