PDA

View Full Version : Whose death has most moved you in the course of the series? (REVELATIONS SPOILERS)

Rakudaton
11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Ahoy!

A confession: this is actually about Revelations only, but had I posted that, it would have spoiled the fact that there are some main-ish character deaths in the game. I figure this is the easiest way around it. If you don't want to know who dies in Revelations, run! Run while you still can!

OK, so there were basically three main character deaths in ACR, and I thought all three were brilliantly done. Here's my ranking of them:

3) Altair -- a brilliant poetic end to the assassin. He's so badass he's prepared to just lock himself in a room, sit down, and die. The transition from him to Ezio was very clever and moving as well.
2) Yusuf Tazim -- they didn't make too much of his death, which just made it even sadder. Possibly the perkiest assassin of all time, my face went like this when I recognised the body --> O_O
1) Subject 16 -- quite apart from the epic music (Scheduled for Deletion), the whole reality collapsing scene was done brilliantly and looked awesome. 16 is still so much of a mystery, but in the end he saved Desmond and died himself, making him an absolute hero. I also loved his closing lines, which I thought were surprisingly poetic for a disembodied madman living inside a computer's guts. I did shed a tear but it evaporated from the sheer awesome.

itsamea-mario
11-30-2011, 02:58 PM
I didn't feel they did Yusuf's death justice.
The least they could have done is shown his ghost fighting like 6 guards before being stabbed in the back.

But Altair's death was definitely the most moving.

IMO of course.

kriegerdesgottes
11-30-2011, 03:00 PM
hmm tough call. spoilers obviously! I always think it's crazy when I see Altair sitting in that chair and Ezio is in the room with him and I thought that was a fitting way for him to go actually but the way Yusuf went legitimately angered and annoyed me because I really liked him and wanted him to be in the story more and then I got to that part and I was like oh no NOT YUSUF!!

HouseAntarctic
11-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Altair's. 16 was too abrupt, and I never felt attached to him. Yusuf was likeable, but I feel they should have either kept him alive or focused on him more.

Side note: I'm waiting for AC III to determine if 16 really died. Honestly I think he might have hitched a ride to Desmond's mind when he "saved" Desmond. The way he asked Desmond earlier made him seem desperate.

LieutenantJojo
11-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Well, all their deaths were sad and all, but the death that really made me go "DUDE NO!", was definitely Tarik's death... When we find out that Tarik was actually a good guy, I was sooooo ****ed at Ezio. Ezio will forever stay a ******* because of that mistake.

Assassin_M
11-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Yusuf Tazim http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I actually stopped playing ACR for a while after that scene,because I never saw it coming.I mean he was just sitting there..

luckyto
11-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Maria.

Assassin_M
11-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by luckyto:
Maria.
I was like http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

E-Zekiel
11-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Not enough options for me, though I guess if you're sticking to ONLY AC:R, Alta´r.

But for me, the single most moving death in the series was Ezio.

sticks165
11-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Lucy

roostersrule2
11-30-2011, 03:23 PM
This is not in order SPOLIERS
1. When Lucy dies I was like holy frikkin crap
2. When Tarik died I felt sorry for ezio
3. When Yusuf died I went in the building and I saw a dead body but when I saw it was Yusuf's I went I'm kill Ahmet the stupid f***
4. Clay Kazmereck(spelling), I'm not sure he's dead as he obviously knows what happens so he obviously done it before and somehow saved himself and Desmond
5. Altair I feel he went off brilliantly, talking to his son then hiding the apple and finally he passed away so quickly and painless
Now deaths from the other games
6.Ezios, fathers and brothers weren't a big death for md as when I first played it I wasn't really a AC fan even though I fell in love as soon as I saw Desmond and went isn't this set in the past
7.Mario not huge death but I dealt a big blow when he died
8. Christina the only thing I could think here is Ezio lost another one
9. Ezio this is the saddest I teared up a bit I felt like had lost a brother and father my most favourite character in a game ever.

luckyto
11-30-2011, 03:25 PM
To each their own.

Lucy, yeah, I'd say that was bigger. Followed closely by Ezio's father and brothers.

When Ezio killed the Janisarry who turned out to be loyal to the Sultan, I was pretty floored about that. And obviously, Yusuf.

TheTruth3402
11-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Giovanni, Federico and Petruccio!

We hardly knew ye, but I thought this was one of the most heart wrenching moments of the series.

Giovanni I could understand, Assassins all accept the risk of death as part of the job description.

But what did Federico or lame little Petruccio ever do? They were killed so cruelly, betrayed by the only one who could make things right.

When I got the chance to kill Uberto I relished it.

Jellyfloater
11-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Rooftop Guard #57. He was just doing his duty, proud of his essential services to the Sultan, when some madman shot him in the face with a crossbow just to get across the city faster.

TheTruth3402
11-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Jellyfloater:
Rooftop Guard #57. He was just doing his duty, proud of his essential services to the Sultan, when some madman shot him in the face with a crossbow just to get across the city faster.

+1 for you

Very true.

But I will have no remorse for the guards who decided it was wise to pick a fight with me for bumping into them.

Mikl-90-
11-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Yusuf's death.

I think the way they make you discover his body is what made his death have such an impact. Who honestly saw it coming?
It still could have been much better but they didn't develop him enough throughout the story. We say him only five, maybe six times only.

16's deletion was sad because one moment I thought he was a crazy psycho trying to kill you and the next I realize he was actually saving you. RIP

rileypoole1234
11-30-2011, 05:04 PM
I felt like Ezio wasn't affected enough by Yusuf's death. He really just said "You see guys? Lets finish this for him." and that was it. I felt legitimately sad when I walked in on Altair's dead body. Altair's affected me most. Definitely.

BK-110
11-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Definitely Alta´r's death. The way we find his lone remains locked away underneath Masyaf castle. Then his final memory, the way he thought back to all the time he had spent trying to understand the Apple. The way he stumbled toward the chair, it was clear for both Alta´r and the player that those were the last few minutes of his life. And then, how his life slowly faded while recording this final memory. That made it even harder to see him go.

XxKillaChaosxX
11-30-2011, 05:39 PM
For ACR, hands down Altair. Re-watched that part on youtube numerous times because it's so well done.

E-Zekiel
11-30-2011, 06:42 PM

This is why I go for knockouts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Bonkorz
11-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Altair and 16 were already dead. I didn't really feel sad seeing Altair die, but happy, because his death was a peaceful one after saying his goodbye with Darim and the Polos. I wasn't too attached to 16, plus, he remains a total mystery throughout Revelations, which ****ed me off a lot. Yusuf's death was the most moving for me, but it also ticked me off, as I wanted to see much more of him. He is the second supporting Assassin ally to die in an AC game, before Mario. What makes Yusuf's death sad is that he died trying to keep the promise he made to Ezio in order to protect Sofia.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-30-2011, 07:17 PM
In terms of which one I reacted to the most, Yusuf would probably be the one.

luckyto
12-01-2011, 07:52 AM

HAHAHA --- thanks for the laugh this morning

xxtonypunk96xx
12-01-2011, 02:25 PM
I think Altair's was the saddest the fact he lived all of his long life as an Assassin. btw anyone else thought Altair was still alive for a second until you saw his body?

albertwesker22
12-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by xxtonypunk96xx:
I think Altair's was the saddest the fact he lived all of his long life as an Assassin. btw anyone else thought Altair was still alive for a second until you saw his body?

No, I saw it coming. I got the collectors edition, you get an artbook with it that shows Altair's corpse in the Library. It also shows Jupiter, I should have realized the artbook would contain spoilers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

winterelf86
12-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Altair's death, hands down. I cried during that scene. The way it was done was sure to have an effect on the player. Because of Revelations, Altair comes close to beating Ezio as my favorite assassin...almost http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Agentbarto
12-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Yusuf all the way man.

So full of life, not at all grim about it like Ezio was at that age (different circumstances, I know, I know; still). Kinda thought he was annoying at first but his snarky-ness is infectious.

Though Altair's was also good. Kinda felt bad that father and son parted ways, not knowing how well the other would live.

Lurker178
12-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
For ACR, hands down Altair. Re-watched that part on youtube numerous times because it's so well done.

Same here. I'd also include Ezio's death in Embers. I know that Embers is its on seperate movie, but it just feels connected to Revelations.

I like how Altair didn't die in a blaze of glory, but instead died peacefully. If his death was handled by a different set of writers, and he died in a fight, the emotional impact wouldn't be the same.

goclo822
12-02-2011, 02:49 AM
Hard to say because they were all done in such a way that made them all very moving.

Tarik's and Maria's deaths were both very tragic. Both deaths brought about by anger and both were so unnecessary but I wasn't attached to either character.

Yusuf's death was sad. It was unexpected and shocking. He was a great character and I loved that he went out keeping his promise to Ezio! I really enjoyed the time we had with him but I didn't find myself very attached to him so it wasn't as emotional.

Subject 16's "death" was a very intense "death"! How fast paced it was, the music, the world coming down around them, the whole scene sent chills up my spine! And then how it ended with him yelling to Desmond to "go" as he was "saving" his was incredible! Loved the whole scene. However I still don't believe 16 is dead.

Altair's death was very emotional. He was such a big character and it was nice to see him at the end of his life saying goodbye to his son and keeping to his Assassin duties right to the very end. It was nice to see him go out in such a peaceful way.

All deaths were very emotionally moving. However none of them has beaten Lucy's for me. Hers was by far the most moving, I had time to get attached to her and her death was unexpected and left me there shocked and emotional. So in comparison to hers, none of the others made as much of an impact.

YuurHeen
12-03-2011, 04:20 PM
for some reason i reacted most sad with maria's death. i think because of the whole story around it.

i never liked lucy
i already knew altair was going to die
i already knew ezio was going to die
16 was to mysterious
Yusuf was sad and unexpected. they did not had time to remorse which made it even sadder but not sad enough.
Christina death was also very very sad
correct me if i am wrong but while Tarik was a good man he was stil leader of man who abused power.
ezio's family i never really liked aswell.
i do not think im going to be really sad about desmonds death aswell.

rtaylor111
12-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Altair.
He fought alongside the assassins at the end of masyaf and left a path for the polos and his son to leave. Then at the chamber he hid the apple in defiance to the templars and a last duty, and was finaly able to rest at last...

Lexax123
12-22-2011, 02:02 AM
For ACR, it would definitely be a close tie between Yusuf and Altair. Yusuf, because I felt he was one of the most likeable characters in the series IMO, but also because his death was so abrupt and tragic. It was probably the first time I've sworn at a game for killing off a character. As for Altair, I thought his death was just done so well. How he slowly walks, extinguishing the fires as he walks by, in retrospective to Ezio as he does the opposite was a nice poetic touch. The way the camera was used just made Altair's death more epic.

As for the whole series, I would have to say Christina's death was the most moving. The story-telling during the Christina missions was very well done, and it was just so tragic to see Ezio's love for nearly 30 years die like that. How it went through their different stages of their relationship made it all the more touching. It was the only one that probably made me almost cry.

Inorganic9_2
12-22-2011, 02:49 AM
Moving me the most was probably Ezio, Cristina and Yusuf.

Ezio - we've watched him from birth to death and it just felt like the end of an era.

Cristina - what was happening and the way the scene was done etc. just left me feeling a bit sad and hollow afterwards

Yusuf - he was a great guy and his death was really unexpected. With the Assassins standing outside the bookshop, I was expecting Yusuf to be inside, sword in hand and apologising to Ezio for not being able to keep Sofia from the Templars.

lukaszep
12-22-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luckyto:
Maria.
I was like http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same. It was really moving in the book. But in the game i was like 'Oh right that's meant to be Maria. Oh okay i remember this bit from the boo- Oh. Oh, okay. Um.' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Yusuf's was unexpected and very moving, but i gotta go with Altair, it was done perfectly. You can't beat the ending of AC:R. After all the months of wondering what the hell this "nexus" was... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 06:49 AM
Yusuf's was unexpected and very moving, but i gotta go with Altair, it was done perfectly. You can't beat the ending of AC:R. After all the months of wondering what the hell this "nexus" was... Crying

I was blown away with the Altair ending & how they tied Ezio into that. I gained a respect for Altair yet haven't known him.
I do wish he had done things differently w/ Abbas (his life may have been changed dramatically for the better?), but that's a whole other thread I'll start.

GLHS
12-22-2011, 06:49 AM
As far as AC:R goes, Altair. As far as the whole series: definitely Ezio, Christina, and Altair. Clay's death was done well, but you never got enough time with him to really become attached, which is how I feel about Yusuf's death as well. I did like him, and was shocked, but there wasn't enough to grow attached to him.

Christina's hit me hard b/c of how they did the whole repressed memories thing, and after everything they'd been through, to see Ezio fail at saving her was totally cry worthy.

I always knew I would cry when he died as well, b/c I love Ezio to death. We've been with him through his entire life. 65 years of it, and when they made the announcement that AC:R would be his last game, I knew I'd be crying by the end it. However, the way that he went in Embers wasn't done very sad, and he was peaceful when he went, so I didn't cry, but it was still AC's saddest moment yet for me. If it was done with more of a saddened atmosphere, you best believe there'd be tears.

Another one, that wasn't sad but I was definitely shocked by was of course, Lucy's. She was a b!tch in AC:B, and once I learned more of the hidden signs, and was pretty convinced she was still working for the Templars, I didn't care anymore. It was relieving to not see her in AC:R. But I still think that her death was the biggest wtf? moment of the series to date.

As far as Altair goes, he's a classic, a badass, and still the Original, so of course I was very sad to see him go. I knew they would show his death in some manner, and as the rest of you have said, they made the right choice by making it a peaceful one. The way it was done with the transitioning over to Ezio was beautiful and really made the story feel like it had finally come full circle. It was hard to watch, but yet a great way to create closure.

SDGR Blaze
12-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Ezio's death at the end of Embers was the saddest. If u haven't seen Embers I recommend it u can buy on xbox live/psn.

BeCk41
12-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Yusef's Death was the most shocking. I didn't expect him to die protecting the lady in green. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sad/sad0011.gif

TrueStoic
12-26-2011, 10:03 AM
most dramatic for me, Yusufs death.

it would have been Clay's but i m stil in high spirits he isnt dead ..yet. somehow with al that knowledeg he gained so far he realy SHOULD found a way, heck from the recycle bin from the animus desktop if you must ubisoft just make him appear gain and explain himself fully of his experiences.)

playassassins1
12-26-2011, 11:15 AM
I would say Ezio and Altair. Altair's death was very emotional and to be honest..... i cried a bit. Ezio's death emotional too, but way more emotional. And i didn't play ACR for a couple days after i watched his death.

R.I.P Ezio and Altair http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

snazzyjabber123
12-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Mods!
Move this thread to hints and tips plz!

LightRey
12-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by snazzyjabber123:
Mods!
Move this thread to hints and tips plz!
Spoilers have been allowed on this forum for weeks as long as there are spoiler tags (which there are). This thread needn't be moved.

mgsfan32
12-30-2011, 09:37 PM
It's either Yusuf's or Altair's...
Yusuf's was crazy, unexpected, and it really ****ed me off. Yusuf was awesome, so up-beat and a really cool guy, then they kill him off. I wanted him to be alive..but his death and Ezio's speech was pretty moving.

Also, does anybody know the music pieces during that scene? It's killing me that I can't find it! If you know, please tell me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

breedlove94
12-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by xxtonypunk96xx:
I think Altair's was the saddest the fact he lived all of his long life as an Assassin. btw anyone else thought Altair was still alive for a second until you saw his body? Yeah I thought ACR was going to pull Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade on me and have Altair still living. I would say the saddest was Yusuf, because of his amiable and jovial attitude to life made it all the more tragic when he was murdered protecting Sophia. But Altair's death was the most moving, because he finally fulfilled his purpose in life.

matheus_737
12-31-2011, 05:52 AM
Altair's death is historical the first great character of AC the greatest assassin in history, I cried when I saw his death. Yusuf death very sad too when I saw his body I was so angry I felt angry when Ezio did kill Ahmet.

CanterburyTales
12-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Lurker178:
I'd also include Ezio's death in Embers. I know that Embers is its on seperate movie, but it just feels connected to Revelations.

The death of Ezio in Embers was the death in this franchise that affected me the most; when he died at the end of the film, I actually cried and was still a feeling down the next day.

niceboy05
12-31-2011, 03:25 PM
The saddest ending for me was altair it was the most beautiful but at the same time saddest moment in the game seeing ezio and altair face to face knowing ezio looks up to him

CkSwtos
12-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Yusuf murdered. Ok I have to confess that I didn't see that coming. I mean why Yusuf? What did the poor B@st@rd do? LMAO!! Why would they kill him, ok he was a master assassin, responsible for a lot of templar death but it wasn't so fatal! They could have written the scenario differently.
Seeint after finishing the game though I have to say that they had Yusuf killed so that Ezio will be really ****ed off and ready for the kill. His voice in the video that he says:
"Brothers, Sisters, The whole city rises against us, while Yusuf's murderer, waits and watches from the arsenal, laughing. Fight with me and show him what it mean to cross the assassins!!"
I have to say that I haven't heard him more ****ed in all the game. Except in front of his kinsmen's death.

Alexanderjac
05-30-2012, 09:08 PM
The death of Yusuf wasn't really that moving. He didn't really do much, and you never got to know him in the game. His death wasn't really that dramatic. It would've been nice if we got to see how he died, and that he was doing something when it happened. I don't know :P

Anyways, it would most definitely have to be Altair from me.

Subject_013
05-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Honestly I'd say Lucy, but if I had to choose out of the 3 in the poll. I pick Yusif. Altair died an accomplished man, and I'm not sure 16 is dead >_>

BATISTABUS
05-31-2012, 05:08 AM
Altair, just because Yusuf's was so sudden. I really did love him as a character, though. Darby did a great job with the characters in Revelations.

Edit:
Oh, yeah. Ezio's death in Embers definitely takes the cake. Freakin' loved Embers.

MetalCreed
05-31-2012, 05:38 AM
Dunno.
It's a battle between Lucy, Altair, Ezio and Yusuf.

Sukramo
05-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Why isnt Ezio on that list? Seriously.

De Filosoof
05-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Maria.

Aphex_Tim
05-31-2012, 10:52 AM
I do think 16 is dead. His body is already gone but his mind was still trapped in the animus.
The only purpose he had left was to help Desmond so when Desmond awoke from his coma, there'd be no reason for 16 to exist anymore.
At least that's what i think.

Rakudaton
05-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Why isnt Ezio on that list? Seriously.

... maybe because Ezio did not die in Revelations...? Just a wild stab in the dark...:p

jmk1999
05-31-2012, 06:21 PM
hmm... kind of a necro-post... but whatevs...

i'd say cristina vespucci's death for pure emotional value... for shock, i'd say lucy (especially after the lost files dlc).

freddie_1897
05-31-2012, 09:07 PM
i don't know why, but Yusufs, i guess i just thought he would be a survivor